-9-

My Guardian Angel Came to Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

Hyoyeon felt her stomach goes upside down.

 

“You may take your seat, Ms. Kim.” Mr. Lee said motioned her to have a seat.

 

Her body became numb. She can’t feel her toes but she proceeded in walking towards her seat, and yeah, beside her first love. Kai gave her a warm look.

 

She slowly sits down and focuses on the board, stiff and motionless.

 

“Hi.” She finally heard Kai spoke. She knew it, she knew it. She knew how her whole stay would be.

 

She closed her eyes and sighed. Kai notices this and he reads her face.

 

Hyoyeon decided to greet back, “He…Hello.” She said and smiled awkwardly.

 

Kai finally smiled and reaches his hand for a handshake, “Kim Jong in,  but you can call me—“

 

“Kai” Kai was cut off by Hyoyeon. This time she gathered all of her courage and gave him a confident smile and a handshake.

 

Kai shook their hands and chuckled.

 

“As expected, you remember things well.” Kai said.

 

‘If you just know. If you just know! I know many things about you, Kai. You prefer everyone to call you by your nickname.’ she thought.

 

Kai tries to remove his hands from Hyoyeon but it seems like Hyoyeon’s deep into her thoughts that she grips his hands too hard.

 

“Hyoyeon?” Kai snaps at her.

 

She came back to reality and realized she’s still holding his hands. She fake-laughed, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to”

 

Kai nodded, “It is okay, haha” he chuckled.

 

Sehun has been watching the two. He can see the sparkle in Hyoyeon’s eyes that he felt a pang in his chest. Is he jealous?

 

‘I don’t think so.’ Sehun thought.

‘But why are you kinda hurt?’ his inner voice asked him.

‘But I’m just attracted to her. That’s it.’

He composed himself and diverted his attention to the board.

 

The teacher discusses the lesson for the day. Their topic is about subject verb agreements. Hyoyeon, who was still flustered from having herself closer to her dreams, sticks her eyes to the boy beside her. She admires every single detail of Kai’s face. His beautiful eyes, tall nose, plump lips, and brunette hair—everything! She even sneakily smells his fragrant that is so sweet and endearing to her nose.

 

While Kai is listening to the teacher attentively, he noticed Hyoyeon is looking at his direction or rather her face. He looked at his left and he is right.

 

She immediately averts her head to the teacher, feeling her cheeks were hot that he caught her staring.

Kai is now the one staring at her.

 

‘She’s really pretty.’ He thought.

 

He went back to paying attention to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter