~ V ~

The Blue Flower

Even though dreamless, this must have been the best sleep ChangKyun had had in years. His mind was cleared of all thoughts, his body light and as if floating. Above all - the feeling of reassuring and safe presence right next to him made it easier to sleep and incredibly hard to even open his eyes. Yet he felt like he had slept for days, not hours, and his consciousness forced him to greet the world.

For his surprise he didn’t meet room wrapped in absolute darkness, nor did he see the the annoying alarm clock on the night stand. Instead Wonho’s face was the first thing that greeted him. The vampire looked asleep, his long dark lashes brushing against his pale cheeks, his full rosy lips parted slightly due to fangs poking his invitingly full lower lip, his hair a slightly tousled silver mess on top of his head, all illuminated by weak light coming from the heavy curtain covered windows. Almost innocently the vampire was sleeping not more than 15, maybe 20 centimeters away, breathing slowly and deeply, his chest rising and falling under the still too ed and too revealing white shirt. Quite adorably his left hand was serving as his pillow, while the right draped over his middle in casual manner. Ignoring the fangs, there was nothing supernatural about him but the inhumanly handsome features.

For a second a question “why is he sleeping here?” passed through ChangKyun’s mind, but it faded instantly, when the realization of where ChangKyun was hit him, last night floating back in his memory. He had came here after hearing Wonho playing the piano and he had listened to the most wonderful, emotion filled piano concert ever until he had fallen asleep on the vampire’s bed. The one out of place was not the sleeping vampire but ChangKyun himself - occupying Wonho’s pillow and being covered with his blanket.

Slowly, ChangKyun sits up, trying to not move too much and above all not to move the curtains. In an odd manner he tries to crawl out of the bed backwards, his eyes lingering on the vampire’s face, to make sure he doesn’t wake him up. The human looks away for a second, to check how far from the end of the bed he is, just to meet slightly open blue eyes looking at him, making him to freeze immediately.

“You can stay, if you want,” Wonho’s voice is thick with sleep, his eyes barely open. “It’s not bothering me, in case you are worried about that,” he adds, his eyes still focusing on mid way stuck ChangKyun.

Did ChangKyun had to go anywhere? Did he have any plans? The answer to both of these questions was a ‘no’. He didn’t feel particularly hungry, nor did any other basic human needs had the need to be fulfilled. There was absolutely nothing that obliged ChangKyun to get out of the bed. He wasn’t even one hundred percent sure it was already day time outside. What if it was early morning and he could still sleep for couple of hours?

ChangKyun’s eyes remain locked with Wonho’s, the bright blue gleaming in the deep twilight of the room. It’s not a big decision, yet ChangKyun feels that if he will stay, something will change. He wasn’t sure what, but something essential. Right now he didn’t want to think about it a single bit.

It’s short lived dilemma as ChangKyun crawls back to his previous place, followed by a pair of half lidded blue eyes. He settles back where he was, this time leaving the blanket between them. The eyes that observed him so closely fall shut and the room sinks into pleasant and calming silence. ChangKyun could swear there is a slight smile on the vampires lips and he barely holds himself back from leaning over the ridiculous blanket “wall” to have a closer look. He rather focuses on tracing the vampire’s features with his eyes from afar not feeling sleepy a single bit, yet not wanting to leave either.

It was strange, to say the least, to share a bed with a man he literally met a few days ago, yet it didn’t feel wrong nor it felt dangerous. It almost felt too right, too much as if this is how it should have been. Everything is mesmerizing and captivating - the pitch black shadows dancing in Wonho’s lashes, the slow steady breaths he takes and silence interrupted only by their breathing. How could this not be a place where ChangKyun had to be right now?

The moment is ruined by embarrassingly loud growl coming from ChangKyun’s stomach and he covers it with his arms instantly. Right, he still had to eat. He has no idea for how long he had just laid there and looked at Wonho sleeping, but now he had to leave or else the loudly roaring monster in his stomach would awaken the vampire.

This time ChangKyun manages to slip out the bed without disturbing the vampire. He grabs his book from the nightstand and make his way first to his room for a quick shower and changing before going downstairs. The clock on the kitchen wall shows 2:34 p.m. and ChangKyun feels as if he should feel guilty for wasting a day away, but then again, as he had concluded earlier, he didn’t have any plans to begin with. Quite casually he begins to make a meal - scrambled eggs and a couple of toasts -, the kettle slowly buzzing away. He doesn’t even notice someone else walking into kitchen until the man behind him speaks.

“Wonho hyung doesn’t need an empty friendship,” says a voice ChangKyun can’t quite recognize and he turns around, meeting a narrow eyed, chubby cheeked young man. If he remembers correctly, his name is Jooheon. Right now he doesn’t look friendly - he looks fierce and hostile, his arms crossed on his chest as he leans against the doorpost.

“If you are here only for food and roof above your head, refuse to be Wonho hyung’s feeder, because he doesn’t need someone like that,” he continues and ChangKyun looks at him quite shocked. Where is this sudden attack coming from after his 4th day here?

“I’m sorry, I don’t…” he tries to clarify the meaning behind this, yet the man cuts him short immediately.

“Decide on your priorities, or else I will personally make sure you get kicked out,” he ads sharply and leaves, leaving shocked ChangKyun alone again with almost burned toasts in the toaster. The kettle turns off with a loud click and that snaps ChangKyun out of the daze created by this mysterious attack. Still in massive state of confusion, he finishes the scramble and pours some tea. He remembers to eat only when tea is already cold and the clock on the wall show 3:16 p.m. He wasn’t here just for food and shelter, or was he?

Yes, it was the original intend - to get of streets in a safe place no gang or armed force would dare to attack, but now… It had only been a few days, a few nights, a few life like dreams and a few, as cliche as it might sound, fateful meetings. It no longer was about the simple things he needed and still needs as a must and it was ridiculous solely because of the short time span, but he couldn’t deny it. No, food and shelter was not his priority anymore. He couldn’t define the new one, even though he started to strongly believe it involved Wonho, but it was beyond basic needs.

Still lost in deep thoughts he makes his way to the library again, his plan simple - to finish the book he started reading yesterday. At the back of his head was a plan to walk by Wonho’s room and maybe, just maybe stop by just, well, just because. He settles in the same spot on the sofa as yesterday and lets himself to be taken away in a thrilling adventure once more. Quite oddly he still finds such books thrilling even though he was now a part of the dark world of vampires. Yet the book world was too captivating to resist.

ChangKyun is absolutely absorbed until he hears his name being called right in front of him. He raises his eyes from the book, only then noticing the library filled with humans and vampires, signalling it is probably quite late. Hyungwon is standing before him, Jooheon next to him, and the latter looks no way as scary as he did earlier. He looks more like a scared puppy rather than a roaring tiger.

“Now, apologize,” Hyungwon turns to Jooheon who is avoiding ChangKyun’s gaze. He shoots a quick glance at the one on the couch and forces himself to speak.

“I’m sorry,” he murmurs and Hyungwon doesn’t look pleased with such response. His navy blue eyes as if get even darker as he stares right at Jooheon.

“Why are you sorry?” he emphasizes he first word and Jooheon let’s out a sigh before he finally turns to Changkyun.

“I am sorry I was a big earlier. I just,” he stops the sentence he began to say so loudly mid way and continues a lot more quietly, “I just don’t want Wonho hyung to get hurt,” he adds and ChangKyun tries to process the information fast enough.

“It’s okay,” he tries to reply with a smile as Hyungwon still doesn’t seem pleased with Jooheon’s response. “I know you meant well,” ChangKyun smiles and hopes for a positive response, yet a voice he didn’t expect to hear joins the conversation.

“He still shouldn’t walk around trying to intimidate people,” Wonho appears from behind Hyungwon and Jooheon, and the latter jumps a little as the silver haired vampire places his head on top of his, ruffling the human’s dark hair a little. “It’s a sweet gesture, but you can go about it differently,” he ads and Jooheon just nods. “I think Gunhee is finally home. You should go greet him,” Jooheon nods again and walks away not even sparing a single glance back, obviously embarrassed.

“When will he drop the tough act?” Hyungwon sighs and turns his now much softer gaze to Wonho. “He’s such a cute kid yet he tries to be all dangerous.”

“He will learn eventually,” Wonho smiles softly and the taller vampire nods before yawning loudly. His quite scary, truly vampire like aura is gone and he is back to the half asleep mess ChangKyun met yesterday.

“I will go find Kihyun. I’m hungry,” he murmurs and waves a sloppy goodbye before he staggers out of the library. Changkyun notices the soft gaze Wonho has as he looks at the lanky vampire and there might be a pinch of jealousy in him, yet when the vampire turns to him with a gaze as soft, maybe even softer, the jealousy steps back instantly. Only then he notices what the man is wearing - a simple grey sweater that clings around his shoulders and chest perfectly, tucked in simple black jeans. He looks simple, yet stunning and Changkyun already thinks he is staring for too long until he finally notices the plate with sandwiches in vampire’s hand.

“Silly old me forgot that I can’t eat,” Wonho speaks as if reading ChangKyun’s thoughts. “Maybe you would like to have them?” he asks and offers the plate to ChangKyun. A voice that oddly sounds like Minhyuk borderline too loudly says something along the lines of ‘I didn’t know vampires could have Alzheimers even after living for a millennium’, but both he and Wonho decide to ignore it.

“Sure. Thank you,” he says and takes the plate - 4 neat sandwich triangles, much more appetizing than the food ChangKyun made earlier, are on it and his stomach grumbles instantly at sight of food. He shoots and embarrassed look to the vampire in front of him, yet no one’s there.

“Go ahead. Seems like you’re hungry,” Wonho now speaks next to him and ChangKyun jumps a little, earning a small laugh from the silver hair. There’s a thick book in a foreign language in Wonho’s lap and quite obviously he has settled down for reading. There are million thoughts going through ChangKyun’s mind, but he first decides to shut his rumbling stomach up. He munches on the sandwiches quietly, half eyeing the vampire who has opened the book, half reading his own, yet soon the story grabs and pulls him in, and the world around him disappears - all apart from the feeling of an autumn breeze somewhere near by.

He doesn’t know what time it is nor how long he has been absorbed in the story again, but there are just few chapters left by the time Changkyun can no longer keep his eyes open. He tries his very best to finish them, yet he fails and soon he falls asleep right on the library couch, still holding the book. He regains his consciousness only when he feels movement. His eyes don’t want to listen to him, yet he forces them open, meeting a sturdy, grey sweater clad chest.

Changkyun looks up meeting no one else but Wonho looking down at him. A half disbelief, half happiness laugh falls from ChangKyun’s lips and he raises his hand up, resting it on Wonho’s cheek. The vampire's eyes grow big and he stops, seemingly in the second floor hallway. His blue eyes continue to look at ChangKyun in pure shock, yet the human is still half dazed, half asleep and it doesn’t seem like he even understands what’s going on.

“How I love and hate at the same time how real theses dreams are,” ChangKyun murmurs, his hand still on vampires pleasantly cold cheek. His skin is soft and smooth like silk under his touch and he let’s his thumb to move back and forth over the round cheek. His nostrils are full of the fresh autumn scent radiating from the vampire and all Changkyun can do is smile. Quite naturally he hides his face against Wonho’s chest, his hand falling to his shoulder. “How I love and hate these dreams,” he murmurs again and feels how the vampire has started to move again.

ChangKyun falls asleep for a short moment again and wakes up in his bed this time. The vampire is leaning over him, pulling the blanket over ChangKyun, and the later grabs a hold of Wonho’s hand. “You won’t leave, right? This isn’t like the other dreams, but you won’t leave, will you?” he asks, his voice raspy and full with sleep.

“I won’t,” the silver hair replies, lifting his hand along with ChangKyun’s up to his mouth and placing a gentle, barely there kiss on the human’s hand. A smile spreads across ChangKyun’s face and he wishes he could stay awake for a bit longer, feeling Wonho’s hand in his, but he knows theses dreams don’t last and he lets sleep to win over him.

Notes:

The updates are less regular because I am busy with work, other fic ideas that don't leave me alone and I want to keep this short, so I am thinking of a way to do it.
While you are waiting for updates, feel free to check out my other WonKyun fics out ;]
For example the medieval AU "Come back alive"

I will write more and quite constantly. This world needs more WonKyun!
Check it out the hashtag #TheBlueFlowerFF on twitter for all updates!