~ X ~

The Blue Flower

There’s a pleasant weight on top of ChangKyun. He can recognize it even through his dream clouded mind. He knows it’s something, no, someone who is right where he is supposed to be and ChangKyun himself is where he needs to be. He feels the lingering scent of an autumn breeze swirling around him and a steady breathing hitting his neck. Strong arms have wrapped around him and it’s a ridiculously warm and cliche feeling streaming through him.

If his memory is not failing him for a night similar to already so many before he is Wonho’s room. In all honestly it could be called their room already, as he didn’t return to the windowless room he was given for more than few minutes to grab his clothes and toothbrush. The time of the day when Wonho was sleeping he spent in the library or helping Kihyun in the house. He had found few common interests with Jooheon, which mostly let them to the TV room and playing games. At breakfast table he had small talk with Minhyuk and Shownu, sometimes with Hyungwon, when he appeared. It was as if after a very long time he truly had a place where he belonged. However at the evenings were when he truly felt like belonged somewhere and with someone.

Piano concerts of the most beautiful melodies; unimaginably wonderful places, opera shows, theater plays, concerts, balls and views beyond imagination from countries and times long gone before his eyes through Wonho’s memories - all turning the life he not more than two months ago detested and wanted to end into a fairy tale. Sometimes even just sitting by the wide open window on clear nights - Wonho’s arms wrapped around him, his back resting against the sturdy chest and head on the secure shoulder - were more magical than anything.

Endless kisses, gentle touch and level of need and appreciation making his head spin, but as he was warned - a vampire older than a millennium and more than half of it spent alone did have a lot stored up in the purest form of affection. From being the one holding ChangKyun close, to in most adorable way being the one who needs to be held. He was a blessing from the shadows ChangKyun never thought he could have.

His eyes open slowly, unsurprisingly a mop of silver hair greeting him from right under his chin. Naturally, an action on a level of habit, he rises his hand up from the sleeping man’s back, where it was resting, and run it through the messy waves of hair in the color of moonlight, to let his fingertips dance over the round cheeks, sharp jawline and full lips. Yes, this already was a wonderful habit ChangKyun never wanted to lose.

The man shifts in his sleep a little, nuzzling more in the curve of ChangKyun’s neck, taking a deep breath, the action tingling ChangKyun’s skin as the man’s nose touches his neck. Every single thing is perfect in it’s simplicity and for a brief second a cloud of doubt starts to gather above ChangKyun’s head - whether or not he even deserved to be here, was this a dream or not - but a small grunt from the sleeping one chases the clouds away.

“Do I have to move?” comes a question in deep, raspy, sleep layered voice. Arms tighten around ChangKyun, a body - all muscle and curves, but still somehow soft and welcoming - rubbing against him, and he can’t formulate an answer.

“I don’t really want to move,” an answer comes from the sleepy man himself as he presses his lips against ChangKyun’s pulse point and the latter shivers. “But I can’t keep you here all day,” he ads and for ChangKyun’s surprise the man's fangs graze over his skin ouh so lightly, not even leaving a scratch, yet drawing a sharp inhale from him. “Or can I?” another question rings through the air and the silver haired vampire raises up a little to lock his mesmerizing forget-me-not blue eyes with ChangKyun’s chestnut brown ones.

“I need food and you need sleep,” the human tries to reason, more with himself rather than the freshly awoken vampire. It was a rule they set for each other to control the almost unstoppable magnetism the new stage of their relationship brought along few weeks earlier. They couldn’t just be constantly with each other, nor could they ignore their basic needs just because they felt like being next to the other was crucial.

The now overly excited, overly awake and hungry looking man had said himself, that such almost insane need for affection is normal, but it has to be controlled, or functioning separately will become a nightmare. It was his own words that suggested ChangKyun shouldn’t  try to change his biorhythms yet and switch to nocturnal life. He himself had suggested for now to store all the affection, all the need and desire for evening hours. Yet here he was about to break his own rules and ChangKyun wasn’t sure he was strong enough to stop him or that he truly wanted to.

The human was addicted to the starry sky that appeared in the very core of the vampire’s eyes. He could look at those excited sparkles swimming around in the bright sky blue and the contrasting deep black for hours, for days even. Even more intoxicating was the overjoyed smile, the goofy laugh after countless kisses and skipping a chance to see that because of some rules would be blasphemous.

“I do think you can keep me here for a bit,” ChangKyun finally replies and is the one who initiates a kiss, pulling the vampire down by his nape. It’s just a simple press of the lips at first - on peck followed by another one and more and more and more - until their lips lock in a dance of pushing and pulling, where one takes control over the other in seconds and yet it all ends with them falling into a sync.

The cooling yet somehow exciting scent of an autumn day fully swallows ChangKyun and all rules are forgotten. His head is as dizzy as ever and his hands move on their own - from fingers being tangled in the moonlight colored hair to tugging on the edge of the vampires shirt. True hunger echoes in a growl and at this point it’s not even clear which one of the two is the hungriest for everything - for the scents, for touches, for body heat, for the feeling of skin on skin - simply and undeniably everything.

Few second pass and not a single piece of clothing is between them, bodies flush together, breathings heavy and heart beating fast. At first a bite was what set them off - the absolute connection between a vampire and a human - however now they managed to rile themselves up near to the very edgy even before that. Hands were no longer shy and distant - going through lines of muscles and drawing most random patterns on the skin, fingers finding their way to dripping and throbbing manhoods.

It all goes from fast and rushed, needy and desperate to slow and almost lazy. Prolonging the moment is what matters and the thing that would throw them both over the edge into another mad race is being kept back for as long as possible. Yet the vampire doesn’t last long and his fangs sink into ChangKyun’s neck, a moan more sinful yet simultaneously more beautiful than any other sound in the world bounces around the walls.

Now it’s just a matter of minutes before they both - the air in the room mixed with the scent of blood, and sweat. Their breathing is still raging and everything is wrapped in a deep fog of pleasure as they stumble to the shower, lips and hands still restless. The flowing water seems to wash the rush, the sudden urges away along with the last bits of the nighttime energy the vampire had and he slouches against ChangKyun’s shoulder even before the water runs cold. It’s a ritual, a habit of theirs that should end with hours in each other’s arms but the slowly starting day behind the window and behind the locked door ruined it.

“Maybe this was a bad idea,” Wonho murmurs, flopping down on the bed in half asleep state, daytime taking it’s toll on him fast. His previous energy drained and left an upset pout on his lips.

“Something to learn from,” ChangKyun doesn’t deny as he will have to face some curious looks at the very fresh marks on his neck, but he did not regret it at all. He leans down and presses a soft kiss on Wonho’s forehead. “I will go now,” he says and the silver-hair nods.

“I will find you,” he replies a phrase he says every morning but somehow it still makes ChangKyun’s heart jump as he felt like Wonho was slowly finding more and more of true him.

“You always do,” the human replies, his fingers smoothing the silver waves away from Wonho’s face.

“And I always will,” Wonho replies with a faint smile receiving one more peck before sleep takes over him and ChangKyun finally head downstairs.

The clock shows near 1PM and ChangKyun has missed breakfast and to make it even better he enters kitchen when Kihyun starts preparing lunch, and automatically gets put to work. There are no questions asked about his absence during breakfast but by the all knowing grin on Kihyun’s face it’s clear - he knows. Sometimes that kind of silence was worse than teasing questions because this he couldn’t counterattack in any way.

Somehow he lives through lunch and stares around the table - once more the knowing looks being more intense than actual questions - and departs to his hideout in plain sight - the library. He grabs a book from the shelf and sits in his usual spot in the corner of the couch, his back against the corner of the armrest and backrest, feet on the edge of the couch and book resting against his bent knees. Admittedly scenes created by his own imagination were rather simplistic compared to the dream scenes Wonho could create, but it was still something he enjoyed too much to give up.

At one point Hyungwon joins him on the sofa, signifying that it’s rather late in the afternoon, and even though he looks like he will dose off any second, he holds onto a magazine and tries his hardest to read it. The room slowly fills with people and vampires alike, signifying how late it gets.

That should have prepared ChangKyun, but he still jumps when Wonho pecks his cheek. “Found you,” he smiles and ChangKyun looks up from his book to get a proper greeting kiss. The human can swear he hears Minhyuk snickering somewhere but he truly doesn’t care. He returns to the book and is absolutely unfazed when Wonho moves his legs and sits down on the couch, the legs now in his lap.

He scoots closer, his eyes scanning the black on white letters as well until he lets out an “aaahhh” as if he just understood something. “It’s that book,” he says and ChangKyun just nods absentmindedly even though he has no idea what Wonho is referring to. “It’s sad when she dies at the end,” the vampire continues and now ChangKyun looks at him.

“What?” he asks not believing what he had just heard. The whole fantasy he was creating in his head while reading was destroyed in mere seconds.

“The main heroine - she dies. Commits suicide,” Wonho elaborates and before the sentence is even complete Hyungwon stands up with a sigh.

“Sometimes you are very dumb for someone so old,” he says as he walks off with usual sleepy waddle and the vampire seems absolutely confused and turns to ChangKyun who is looking at him with his gaze atypically rough and unpleasant.

“Changkyunnie?” he tries to inspect the situation but what he gets is ChangKyun moving out of his lap and standing up.

“You just spoiled the whole damn book for me!” the human exclaims attracting attention to them. “What’s your excuse for doing that?” he looks and sounds genuinely upset and for a second Wonho is at complete loss upon what to do. They had the most wonderful morning and now something as insignificant as knowing the ending of a book had upset ChangKyun so much. Was he teased too much during the day? Or was the book really that important? For know he can come up only with one instant solution that would at least get them away from all the curious eyes.

Wonho stands up, ChangKyun’s eyes following him, yet the latter doesn’t react fast enough when the vampire scoops him up in his arms, realising the situation only seconds later.

“What the heck? Put me down!” his voice breaks a little, even more eyes looking at them but Wonho remains unbothered.

“I am going to do a vampire thing, be ready,” he warns the shocked man in his arms and before he ever manages to say a single word, black fog swallows both of them and in matter of second they are no longer in the cosy library of The Blue Flower but on it’s rooftop.

Bright full moon shines on the just slightly angled roof, chimneys and small decorative towers throwing long shadows on the grey surface. There isn’t a single cloud in the night sky, the stars sparkling against the midnight blue canvas of the night and the whole city looks like a ghost town swallowed by the deep black shadows.

Wonho lets ChangKyun stand on his own and instead wraps his arms around the human’s middle and pulls his back against his chest. “Sorry for spoiling the book,” Wonho whispers softly, the confused man still looking around in utter shock. He turns around slowly in Wonho’s arms, facing the vampire now.

“If this is what you will do for something as small as spoiling the ending of a book, what will you do for something more serious?” ChangKyun asks and at first Wonho doesn’t know how to answer. Indeed, what would he do?

“Perhaps nothing more serious conflict wise will ever happen,” he replied half jokingly, half seriously, making the brunet frown.

“If you are planning on having me around for as long as I am planning to be around you, then of course arguments will happen,” the human speaks seriously, yet his hands gently goes to Wonho’s cheeks. “And teleporting, or whatever that was, us to the roof will not always be a way out.”

“I am planning on having you next to me as long as the earth spins,” Wonho places his hands on ChangKyun’s keeping them in place. “And if… and when we will have an argument or whatever happens, I will not transfer us to the roof or anywhere else,” he reassures and now takes ChangKyun’s hands in his and brings them up to his lips, hissing them softly. “You must admit being here now is nice,” he adds.

To that ChangKyun can only agree. The view was breathtaking - even better than just looking at the sky from the window of Wonho’s, no, their room. It looks and feels as if the whole world is at their feet and yet all they need is each other. It’s a surreal feeling - a feeling of safety and worth all secured by Wonho’s arms, but it’s a good, a great feeling nonetheless. They remain there - ChangKyun lost in Wonho’s embrace -  until ChangKyun is the one slowly losing to sleep.

He could swear he only blinks but when his eyes open he is already in bed, under blanket, securely resting against Wonho’s chest. He doesn’t question it at all, not questioning something he slowly learns when living in this strange place, and just cuddles closer to the vampire, who welcomes him into his arms.

The next morning is as wonderfully idyllic and ordinary as so many others, but exactly that makes it perfect. Sleepy kisses and tight hugs, a promise to find ChangKyun later on and endless small kisses as they don’t want to part. It’s as if something is telling ChangKyun to stay longer with Wonho this morning, but after yesterday’s morning he decides to not listen to this urge.

This time ChangKyun almost makes it down for breakfast, yet as he steps of the stairs, the bell of the front door rings.

“Could you check who that is?” Kihyun’s voice echoes from the kitchen through loud conversations and what seems to be crackling of something on the pan, and ChangKyun doesn’t even think twice before going to the heavy dark wood door. It opens slowly, almost unwillingly and when it finally reveals the three men standing behind them, he wishes he wouldn’t have opened it at all.

“How lucky are we,” a voice repulsive to ChangKyun’s ears speaks and his whole body begins shaking. “Our lost puppy is the one who opened door,” the man continues and ChangKyun wishes to run, but his legs refuse to move.

“Easier than we thought,” another of the trio snickers and ChangKyun manages to finally turn around to bolt away from the door as fast as possible, but before he even takes a step, before he even manages to make a sound something heavy lands at the back of his head and everything goes black before his eyes.

 

Notes:

I AM BACK!
I am so sorry I have made you all wait for so long, but I am back with new inspiration and new ideas.
I can't tell how fast the next update will come, BUT I am planning on finishing this fic FINALLY and rather soon at that. Also I am thinking of editing all other chapters too and polishing them a bit more when I'm done with the story.
For now, leave a comment with your thoughts on the new chapter!

FIND ME ON:
Twitter @ BeanSensei
Check Out the tag #TheBlueFlowerFF for update news!