~ XI ~

The Blue Flower

The feeling of not wanting to open his eyes had become foreign to ChangKyun. He was already used to waking up next Wonho - his peaceful, almost angelic features despite his demonic existence, being the best morning greeting. It was like a fairy tail to be wrapped in his arms and drowned in his scent of a fresh autumn day - feeling safe and belonging somewhere - yet the fairy tail had come to an end.

A familiar, yet forgotten stench of cheap cigarettes and even cheaper alcohol now swarmed around him. Loud voices - laughter, cursing, most disgusting remarks not distinguishing between genders or ages - filing the vile air. It feels like he’s outside but inside at the same time a draft freely blowing through Wonho’s t-shirt he had worn that morning, the fabric too loose and not providing any actual warmth. The floor under his knees is rough and as cold as the whistling wind - an abandoned building being his best guess on where he was.

Back in the days when he was a part of the scum gang any abandoned house could become their place to stay for while. Then he was used to sleeping on a cold concrete floor, having draft blow through his thin frame, the scent of everything revolting stuck in his nose, muted only by the nicotine sticks he stuck between his lips. His memories were vivid and bright and he wished, he even prayed he could hide in an embrace that could chase them all away.

A sharp pain was going through his scull in waves, that being another reason he still kept his eyes tightly shut. It made his ears ring and turned him slightly dizzy even though he wasn’t moving - he couldn’t even if he wanted as his hands were pulled behind his back and tied to a concrete column. It might have been a good idea to remain “unconscious” as a protection mechanism, but a splash of cold water on his face made him break the act in seconds.

“Good morning, puppy,” a voice ChangKyun detested and that cut through his ears like a knife spoke. He had hoped he would never have to hear it again from the day he had finally run away. “Looks like you have been living good,” the man continues and grabs Changkyun’s chin, forcing the latter to look up and then yanks his head to the side looking at the bite marks on his neck. “Knew you were a good , yet never knew you’d go for being the devil’s ,” he snickers and ChangKyun shakes is touch off.

“Ouh, did I offend you? Really? I am simply congratulating you on going even lower in social status than before,” the man laughs and pushes a cigarette between his lips, taking a deep inhale and then blowing it all into ChangKyun’s face. “No one stands lower than those who sell themselves to those things,” he smirks disgustingly, truly believing his higher status and place in the world even though no scum was lower than him.

“You’ve gotten awfully quiet. Weren’t you a bit more chatty?” another man steps in front of ChangKyun and squats down. “Have you gotten arrogant? Or have you forgotten how you should be around us, little pup’?” he grabs ChangKyun’s face and pulls him closer in attempt to press his disgusting lips onto him, but the tied down male reacts faster and as much as his restraints and the hand holding him allows to. He moves up and forward with full strength headbutting the closest male straight in the nose.

It’s only a split second before a boot lands on his face in return and he can clearly feel the metalic taste of his blood in his mouth - his lip split open. The man he ‘attacked’ is now holding his bleeding nose and in return ChangKyun’s head and mouth are pulsating, but it was worth it. Never again any of them will touch him again like that.

“The puppy has gotten some attitude,” the man with blood now smeared across his face lands another kick on ChangKyun - this time on his stomach, knocking the air out of the boy’s lungs making him cough out loud. “We will have you go through some training, you filthy mutt,” he hisses and kicks him again, this time very sloppily - barely hitting his side.

“Don’t damage the goods. We need him to earn back what we have lost while he was gone,” the other man stops the still bleeding one and pulls him back. “He will learn his place tonight. Old dogs don’t forget their tricks, don’t they,” he walks the few steps to ChangKyun and grabs a handful of his hair, pulling him up. “Right?”

ChangKyun remains spitefully silent. He has nothing to say to them, he has nothing to explain and he is not about to plead. As for now he didn’t have a plan on how to get out or how far he could get with his legs numb from the uncomfortable position. Admittedly he had a level of fear rising in him, the tiniest part of his brain telling him he might be forgotten by the ones at The Blue Flower the moment he disappeared, but a part of him much larger, much stronger awaited nightfall.

When the bright sun, that was now high up, it’s rays drowning everything behind glassless gaps of windows in the walls, would sink behind the horizon, the time of those called demons would come. With all his heart ChangKyun believed that when nothing but darkness would wrap around the city, a creature above all mortals and immortals would find him - just like he always did, and no scum could stop him.


 

“Let go of me!” Wonho hisses - his fangs out, eyes narrowed - as he tries to break out of Minhyuk’s, HyungWon’s as well as two other resident vampires - Seungcheol’s and Mingyu’s - grasps. Even all four of them had to pull in all of their strength to hold the older vampire back. “Let go!” he near howls and all but HyungWon waver in their grasp, tightening again.

All of them should be asleep - the sun high in the sky - but the male wing of the house was in a state of panic upon ChangKyun missing. The panic settled in near the very second the wide open front door and droplet of blood were discovered. All those awake searched the whole property, the nearby establishments and streets with no success as if the man had disappeared in thin air. The last resort was to awaken Wonho, whose rage was unpredictable.

His doors were guarded by an atypically awake HyungWon and stressfully shaking Minhyuk, in case he would sense even the tiniest hint of ChangKyun’s blood in the air through the walls, doors and the deep mid day sleep. It was Kihyun’s order to keep him out of the first phase of searching as nothing would stop him from dashing out in the sunlit streets, threatening his own life. The theory was proved the moment Kihyun woke him up.

It was beyond anyone to follow along the black shadow mass now rampaging through the house once more. He was stopped only when the dark shadow cloud neared the door, the elaborately set trap of four vampires by the pink haired man catching him.

“If you will go outside now, you will turn into a flaming ball of ash before you even catch his scent in the air,” Kihyun tries to explain but the silver hair does not listen. He takes a step forward, pulling the other four along, and Shownu instantly jumps in to help holding him back as well. There’s a low growl from the tanned man, every muscle in his being tensing and his added effort helps to stop the vampire. Minhyuk’s eyes are on him for a second with concern before he concentrates back on his current task.

“Wait till nightfall. If you will be a pile of ash you will not find him,” Kihyun tries to reach the man again. It seems that he calms down a little as he kneels on the floor breathing heavy. The vampires seem to contemplate taking as step back but Kihyun shakes his head and they remain put.

He pulls out his phone from his pocket and dials a number almost without looking. He locks eyes with the silver haired vampire while waits for a connection but as soon as the recipient picks up he turns away. “It’s me,” he doesn’t introduce himself and there is a different kind of authority radiating from him. “I need to find someone in...” he looks at a clock on the wall, “in not more than an hour,” he continues by describing ChangKyun - from his date of birth to the color of his eyes. “He was taken couple of hours ago from The Blue Flower, presumably by his past acquaintances from the Nu gang,” even though his voice had a sense of leadership at most times, now he sounded like someone straight of a gangster movie.

“One hour for his current location. No more,” he hangs up and turns back at Wonho who hadn’t taken his gleaming eyes off Kihyun. “We will get him back. I give you my word,” he ensures and walks away leaving Wonho mid hallway in the makeshift shackles formed by other vampires. The night was about to bring something Wonho hadn’t had for a while - thirst for a bloodshed.

 

ChangKyun hadn’t even noticed how he had dozed off again. For a while he was listening to the voices coming and going from the building, laughter as they passed the room he was tied in and remarks beyond disgusting. The pulsating pain in his head didn’t stop and sleep seemed like the only accessible cure. A splatter of water woke him up again, the cold of the room and the wind blowing around it reminding of it’s presence.

“Wake up, puppy,” ChangKyun’s face is full of cigarette smoke, his eyes closing the very second he opens them. “Some guests will come over so you better act nice and don’t bite,” a hand grabs his head again, his scalp burning along with the pain returning, “The more you will fight back, the worse it will get. You know it,” the man ads.

ChangKyun averts his eyes from the disgusting mug in front of him  and the shabby lamp placed in the corner of the otherwise empty room and turns his eyes to the windows. He holds back a gasp when he sees the last orange rays of sun disappearing on the west and his heart starts beating faster. The hopeful side of him got even stronger , but so did the doubtful one.

He didn’t know how far away he was from the house, was he even in the same part of the town - the same town even. He had no clue how far could Wonho sense him and were there any special requirements for looking for someone in a long distance, but he was still full of vivid and pulsating hope.

“Hey, look at me when I talk to you!” the man utters with a cigarette in his mouth and pulls Changkyun by the hair again. “We have something that will make you more obedient. You will love it, at least you used to love it,” he smirks and the words make ChangKyun’s skin crawl. All possibilities that run through his head are disgusting and it took him so long to get rid of those influences.

The man whose nose he nearly broke earlier walks in with a small tray, the end of a needle peaking from it and ChangKyun panics. He had remained calm since the moment he woke up in this mess he had tried to avoid so much, but now he couldn’t control his reactions at all. He tried to move away despite his restrains, pulling so hard the ropes cut into his wrists, his knees burning against the concrete. The only thing he manages to maintain his stubborn silence, not giving them the pleasure of hearing him scream or plead.

His head is pushed against the concrete pole behind him, a knee between his legs stopping him from near any moment and he can just watch with fearful eyes as the tray is placed down, three needles revealing themselves instead of one. His breathing speeds up and he once more tries to break out of the grasp yet unsuccessfully.

He can’t fight back when his arm is grabbed and brought forward as much as the restraints allow. There’s a constrictor wrapped around his upper arm and ChangKyun can’t pull away even though that is the one thing he desperately wants right now. His eyes are focused on the needle nearing his skin and it has nearly pierced the skin when loud screams start to echo around the building. Some scream for help, some just yell incoherent gibberish about monsters, some call for god - a mayhem growing in seconds.

“What the hell?” the man drops the needle back in the tray while the other one let’s go of ChangKyun. The both stand up and walk towards the door, their hands reaching for the guns behind their belts. Those were an upgrade as before they opted for knives.

The screams only get louder and closer. Car lights are piercing the darkness outside and there are voices, laughter and most sinister whispers snaking through the air. While the two men are confused and quivering with fear, ChangKyun finally breathes in deeply and calmly.

“You should have left me alone,” he finally speaks and the men look at him. “If you would have stayed away you could continue your worthless lives a bit longer,” he ads and the man with the still swollen nose walks over, grabbing the collar of ChangKhyun’s shirt and pulling the latter up as much as possible.

“What the are you talking about, you mutt?” he hisses in ChangKyun’s face with his disgusting alcohol breath.

“When you take something that belongs to the devil, be prepared for him to come and take it back,” ChangKyun dares to smirk and as the man holding him up is about to punch him, his partner let’s out most terrified scream, and for a good reason.

It’s a scene ChangKyun has seen before and then it terrified him as well, but now it was nothing less but exciting.

Black fog swirls around a wall and a heavy boot steps out of the shadow followed by a frame all clad in black - from the black jeans to the black hoodie. Long white fingers drip with ruby red, leaving a trail of red contrasting with the grey of the concrete. His eyes gleam electric blue in the semi darkness despite the hood covering his head. It’s a perfect nightmare imagery but ChangKyun couldn’t be happier upon seeing it.

The black figure ignores the screeching man and walks straight past him heading to ChangKyun. The man holding the latter let’s go and even though he is quivering in fear, profanities spilling from his lips like the only words he knows, he raises his gun and aims at the being nearing him. He can’t even press the trigger when the entity is next to him instead, grabbing the barrel of the gun and crushing it like and empty soda can. The hand moves from the gun to the man’s arm and it’s simple movement, a terrifying breaking sound ringing through the air followed by scream of pain as the arm is snapped in half, bone peaking through the skin.

“I am so sorry it took so long,” the vampire speaks, the hood still hiding his face, but even through the shadows ChangKyun could see red around his full lips. He moves almost too slowly at first, but then goes into a rush of movements beyond what human eyes can see and in second ChangKyun is untied, the constrictor off his arm, tray of needles kicked away and his whole frame pulled against Wonho’s chest.

“I’m so sorry,” he murmurs and ChangKyun barely moves to look up. The scent of autumn day is mixed with the metallic scent of blood, but it’s far better than anything else that attacked ChangKyun’s nose today. It’s an instinct he can’t fight as he raises his hands to take the hood off, ignoring the torment filled screams around him, but he stops as he sees a gun aimed at them over Wonho’s shoulder.

“Wonho!” he exclaims, yet before the vampire moves a set of blood covered hands settle on the man’s head and with one twist the man along with his gun falls on the floor.

“Now that’s not nice,” Minhyuk stands now in the man’s place, his eyes wide and dilated, his whole mouth, cheeks and chin covered in fresh blood, drips and splatter on his shirt. “We need to go, or else Kihyun will rant again,” he ads and turns around, skipping joyfully into the darkness, new set of screams echoing in the building from where he went.

“Let’s go,” Wonho gathers ChangKyun in his arms, not letting his actions to be questioned and is about to walk out. His back is turned to the man with the destroyed arm and all curses are being ignored, yet the vampire stops when a shot rings through the air and a bullet nearly grazes his shoulder, hitting the wall instead. He places ChangKyun against the wall, his legs wobbly from kneeling for so long, and in a second he is next to the man. He grabs him by the throat, his fingers digging into the flesh to the point it will break and with simple, almost graceful movement tosses the humana cross the room like it was a doll, hitting the opposite wall.

ChangKyun is not sure if the man is even alive anymore, as a dent was left in the fall from the toss, and he doesn’t care. His legs don’t listen to him and he allows himself to be scooped up again. It’s odd how Wonho opts not to use his teleportation skill, if one could call it like that, and walks all the flights of stairs down. ChangKyun does his best not to pay attention to the remains of the gang scattered around the floors, red all over them and opts for hiding his face against Wonho’s chest instead.

Outside he’s greeted with bright front lights of several parked cars. A group of men - around 30 - are standing next to them but what stands out is Kihyun in front of them. He looks different - not like the landlord cooking delicious pancakes in the morning - he looks frightening. Some of the gang members, who somehow had escaped the building, where kneeling in front of him, shaking like leaves in the wind.

“Mister Yoo, please, spare us. We were just following orders. Please,” one of them tries to reason but Kihyun’s face is as cold as ice. He nods once and three men come out from the group and grab the ones on the ground, pulling them away to a direction ChangKyun didn’t want to know.

“We will clean up. Head home and let Junhui check if ChangKyun needs medical help,” he instructs and even though in comparison to the man carrying ChangKyun, he was nothing but a human, the vampire nods. Kihyun said himself, that his record might be the worst from the ones now living in The Blue Flower, but to what extent was a concern for a different time.

“Time to go, huh?” Minhyuk is suddenly next to them on one side and Hyungwon on the other. Both of their eyes are shining brightly in the darkness surrounding them. Red all over their faces is obvious and one does not need to be a genius to understand what had happened - a rampage of three vampires -, but the buzzing in his head from fear and pain makes him too tired to even ask a question - they all could wait.

The human grips tighter onto Wonho’s hoodie, hiding against him even more, and through half lidded eyes watches the night city flashing before him. The vampire trio rushes through the city over rooftops and through alleyways, heading to the place ChangKyun could call home.

 

Hello!
Here comes another update! This time a bit of Kihyun's past is revealed, we get a hint something we don't know is up with Shownu, and, of course a happy resolve for WonKyun after probably the most stressful day in their lives.
Next Sunday should come with another update, so stick around!
Drop a comment about the new chapter - what do you think of Kihyun's past? Is he hiding something else? What about Shownu? What do we don't know? What will happen next? I really want to hear your thoughts!
You can also leave your thoughts on twitter using the hashtag #TheBlueFlowerFF . I check it daily!
Till next time!

 


Other WonKyun Fan Fiction

 

|| Come Back Alive || Leashes and Kisses || Ribbons and Rings || I'm Thankful for You ||