~ III ~

The Blue Flower

ChangKyun opens the door slowly, cautiously even though he had silently promised himself he would not give in to ridiculous primal fear anymore. He keeps his gaze low, meeting a white, strong chest, that is exposed a bit too much by half zipped black hoodie, and looks up quickly, immediately being captured by two blue eyes. The vampire’s silver hair are freely falling over his forehead, casting art like shadows on his well sculpted face and carving more angles in his marble white skin.

“May I come in?” comes a very simple question and ChangKyun nods, stepping away from the door and letting the slightly taller man in. He observes how the vampire walks around the small windowless space with a light frown on his face. With no warning he turns to ChangKyun who is still holding the door half open, making the later jump a little.

“Are you satisfied with this room? With it having no windows, I mean,” he asks out of the blue and ChangKyun is not sure how he should respond. He didn’t really have time to feel anything in particular about his new living space. Yes, it was odd to have a room with no windows, but it wasn’t something he couldn’t get used to.

“I’m sorry,” the vampire let’s out a small laugh and turns to one of the plain walls. “It’s just something I like. To see the world without being a part of it directly,” he states in almost nostalgic tone, the faint smile he had on his lips fading into expression of reminiscing and sadness in a way. “Maybe we could sit down and then have a small talk? I won’t keep you occupied for long,” he jumps back to the faint smile in less than quarter of a second and yet again ChangKyun can just nod. He finally closes the door and walks over to the bed as Wonho takes a seat on a spare chair in front of it.

The silver-hair waits until ChangKyun sits down, following his every movement with his piercing eyes, before he begins speaking again. “I wanted to apologize for scaring you yesterday. It was probably not the best way to start our relationship,” he speaks softly and only now ChangKyun notice a slight lisp in his voice. He blames the fangs poking into the full lower lip for that. It’s kind of cute, he must admit, mostly because who would have imagined a vampire to have a lisp?

“I think I should be the one apologizing,” ChangKyun murmurs under his nose and scratches the back of his head. “I acted very rudely and immaturely and I should have had some self control. I knew where I was and who I was supposed to meet and my reaction was inappropriate,” he admits, yet he can’t force himself to look directly at Wonho. There’s something surrealy human about him just sitting there and if ChangKyun would get used to that even a bit to this, he would freak out again when something supernatural, yet undeniably natural for the man in front of him would happen.

“I still must insist, that I carry most of the blame,” Wonho’s voice filled the small room again. “Using that particular ability to go in and out of the house is a bad habit of mine. I do not use in any other ways, in case you were concerned of your privacy,” he ensures and this time ChangKyun looks at him. His above this world gorgeous eyes seem sincere and it doesn’t feel like a lie. Something at the back of ChangKyun’s head tells him there are other ways Wonho can see and get whatever he wants, the reality like dream vivid in his mind, yet he disregards this absurd thought,

“We could, maybe, forget about it and start anew?” ChangKyun suggest and the fangy smile from this morning beams on Wonho’s face. Despite the two pointy canines that must be one of the most beautiful smiles ChangKyun has ever seen.

“Of course. I assume no one has even told you anything about the relationship we will share, as, I must admit, I didn’t have slightest clue when you would arrive,” Wonho admits and ChangKyun questions the so called organizer and leader skills Kihyun claimed to have at the breakfast table.

“Yeah, I have somehow skipped all the “prepare to be food” classes before getting here,” ChangKyun lets out a dry laugh and there’s a sigh mixed with a laugh coming from the vampire. The latter shakes his head before standing up from the chair and taking a seat next to ChangKyun on the bed instead. He’s close, yet not inappropriately close. There’s good 15 cm between, yet the fresh coolness, the signature of a late autumn day, swirls around ChangKyun and just like in the morning, when the pale hand that is now resting on the edge of the bed held his, he feels calm and relaxed.

“I must tell you, that no feeder is ever just food. The relationship we build is companionship, friendship, sometimes even more,” Wonho speaks, his eyes hypnotizing ChangKyun and he is not able to look away. “Time shows what is the best, yet it’s never just the prey and the hunter, the predator and the gain. Vampires are not animals, no matter how demonic we might seem,” he speaks passionately, keeping his distance, yet ChangKyun notices that the blue eyes seem closer to him. He almost jumps back realizing he has leaned closer to Wonho himself while he spoke.

The vampire doesn’t react to ChangKyun’s actions, even though he definitely noticed them, with anything more but a soft smile that graces his features. “Ask me anything you want,” he encourages instead and finally ChangKyun is able to look away, the need to concentrate for a proper question winning over.

“How true are all the books?” he blurts out and wishes he could ask it differently because Wonho doesn’t even fight back a laugh. He looks genuinely amused by the question but not in a  bad, mocking way, rather in a curious and playful one.

“Name me a book, and I will tell you how accurate it is,” he smiles mischievously, his eyes gleaming and Changyun gulps too obviously and too loudly before speaking again.

“The … Twilight one’s, for example,” he says in half a whisper and loud, unique and very bright laughter fills the small room. It’s as if the vampire has never heard anything more hilarious in his entire life. He takes a few deep breathes to calm himself down before he focuses on ChangKyun again.

“I hope you don’t base your perception about my kind of that ,” he asks and ChangKyun shakes his head in denial. “Good, because we don’t sparkle in the sunlight, unless you count white flames as sparkling,” Wonho explains, switching to a serious tone extremely fast after such explosion of amusement. “It doesn’t happen in a second, but in 5 minutes we are full ablaze, if direct sunlight hits us. That’s one of the reasons why we sleep during the day. That and how the general presence of the sun, even on a cloudy day, makes us weak,” he speaks slowly and elaborately and ChangKyun is absolutely taken away by the sound of the voice alone, the facts sinking in his mind as a secondary gain from this.

“We can’t live on animal blood either. It’s preposterous. Those who have tried have gone insane and then went on killing sprees. Neither are we desperate to be a part of human world, nor do we divide ourselves so strictly in hierarchy. Those books were a spot of shame for both my kind and lycans,” he adds and ChangKyun wants to ask more about the werewolves, but he keeps that question for another time, somehow believing there will be another time like this.

“How often do you have to feed?” he asks a far more logical question which is essential for him.

“Once in 3 days is enough. If we are wounded once in two. We can last with no fresh blood for a week or more, depending on how old the vampire is,” comes a simple response and the next question shoots out from ChangKyun’s lips immediately without even giving it a second thought.

“When was the last time you fed?” he feels that as the new feeder, it should be his concern to ask and make sure he fulfills his duty. That’s why he was here, right?

“About 5 days ago,” Wonho replies after thing thinking for a moment. The reality of the “work” dawns upon ChangKyun the very moment and he feels his heart racing in his chest. No, he couldn’t freak out. This was why he was at The Blue Flower to begin with.

“Then… how does it happen? How do you feed?” the ash blond male asks, hearing his own voice shaking. The very second a pleasantly cold hand takes his and gently moves it up, stretching out his arm in the process. With his free hand the vampire moves up the sleeve of ChangKyun’s jumper, his fingers gently - barely there yet still extremely present - trace over the soft inner side of the human’s forearm.

“I would bite here. It wouldn’t take even a full minute. You wouldn’t feel dizzy or nauseous as you wouldn’t see any blood. It would probably tingle a little, but it wouldn’t hurt nor it would leave a scar bigger than a pencil-head afterwards,” he explained his fingers still moving over ChangKyun’s arm, his other hand holding ChangKyun’s gently but firmly and the same presence as in the morning kept ChangKyun calm, his nervous shaking stepping away.

“I would do the same the next time as well. The routine wouldn’t change,” the vampire continued, his eyes focused on the soft flesh and his fingers gliding over it. His eyes seemed more blue, more radiant and more alive in almost scary manner.

“Why… do they show in the movies that… your kind bites the neck?” ChangKyun manages to push out a question even tho his eyes are glued to the alabaster white fingers tracing absent minded patterns on his forearm.

“Biting the neck adds another layer of experience, of feelings to the process. It’s a form of commitment beyond friendship and both sides need to reach a mutual point for that. Movies are over exaggerating, romanticizing a bit too much,” Wonho replies and his eyes meet ChangKyun’s as they both look up at the same moment. There silence swarming in the ar above their heads and tension of a completely new kind of ChangKyun is rising the temperature in the air. It would be an understatement to say he had never experienced this before. He couldn’t even imagine to feels such amount of static electricity gathering around him and another being.

“Would you mind if I would have a meal?” Wonho asks in a voice half octave lower than usually. ChangKyun first shakes his head, then nods as he doesn’t know which gesture would be the best response for such question.

“Go ahead,” he settles for words and gulps loudly, his eyes focused on Wonho’s face. The latters pupils narrow vertically as those of a cat or a lizard, and ChangKyun has to hold back a gasp. The vampires fangs extended good half a centimeter longer before ChangKyun’s very eyes, the silver-hairs tongues weeping over his lower lip in obvious anticipation as he still gently pulls ChangKyun’s arm closer to his face.

He takes a deep breath of the skin, the tip of his nose almost brushing over it and his mouth opens, fangs meeting the soft skin. It’s as if everything is happening in slow motion as ChangKyun can see his skin denting and breaking, the fangs piercing the flesh, before they are in as deeply as possible and the vampire’s full lips cover them from sight.

He can feel slight tingling and it’s almost ticklish in a pleasant way. Despite this being new and terrifying experience by definition, he felt oddly calm. His eyes were glued to the vampire now feeding from his arm - the latter’s eyes closed, hair falling over the arches of his eyebrows and ChangKyun actually has the urge to run his fingers through those silver waves of hair, yet he holds it back. They weren’t that close nor they were that familiar yet.

The magic of time running slower suddenly stopped and everything rapidly returned to regular speed when Wonho pulled away. His upper lip covered with thin layer of deep ruby red, which he off the very second. As he had promised, there was no blood and only two small puncture scars were now on ChangKyun’s forearm. The tingling sensation was still there and vividly present, but it was pleasant and ChangKyun didn’t mention it.

“Thank you,” Wonho’s eyes were back to normal, the same soft expression as before engraved in his features for the time being. His skin looked more alive - glowing even - and that definitely had a correlation with feeding just counted minutes ago.

“It didn’t hurt, did it?” the vampire proceeds with a question and ChangKyun shakes his head, adding a quiet ‘no’, which makes the silver hair to smile wider. “Good,” he replies and stands up, ChangKyun’s curious eyes following him.

“I will not bother you any more today, as I have some business to take care off outside the mansion,” he explained the unasked question. “In case you can’t fall asleep, you are always welcome to visit me. I’d like to hear from you things blood can’t tell me,” he added and already headed to the door before stopping and turning to ChangKyun one more time.

“And I promise I won’t walk through walls anymore,” he winked playfully before exiting the room as any normal human being would. ChangKyun on the other hand remained sitting on the edge of his bed for few more minutes, staring at the door before he averted his gaze to his forearm.

He ran his fingers over the two small scars, the feeling of fangs piercing through the skin extremely vivid but not unpleasant. “Maybe I’m into biting…” he murmurs to himself and then shakes the ridiculous thoughts away. He puts the chair Wonho was sitting on back in it’s place and takes an ameless lap around his room, not really remembering what he wanted to do, but he can’t keep his hand away from the new scars gracing his skin.

He arranges and rearranges small things around the room, opens the door to the hallway to air the windowless room a little and meanwhile takes a shower. Small, meaningless actions yet somehow the time slips away faster than imagined and unexplainable sleepiness swirls around ChangKyun. The doors are closed and lights are turned off this time around as his head hits the pillow. The warmth of the blanket embraces him and the pleasant and consistent tingling in forearm spreads over his whole body, making it impossible to stay awake for longer than few minutes.

He stirs awake when a fresh breeze of autumn air enters the dark room and he opens his eyes. The lights in the hallway are on, small streak of light entering the room from under the door and he can clearly see a figure sitting in a chair at the side of the bed, two blue eyes gleaming in the dark. Hesitantly and slowly ChangKyun sat up and the night lamp next to the bed. Of course, no one else but Wonho was sitting on the chair. “It’s you again,” ChangKyun blurts out and there’s the signature smile on those full lips.

“Is it a bad thing? Are you disappointed?” the soft yet deep voice with the cute lisp asks and ChangKyun shakes his head. Was he awake now? Was he dreaming again? It didn’t feel like reality nor did it feel like a dream, but like the strange mix as the previous night.

“No, I am just surprised to see you… in second dream in a row,” ChangKyun risks and calls the situation a dream. It looks like Wonho is wearing the same full black attire as the first evening so it might as well be a continuation of the strange dream during the first night.

“You must be thinking about me a lot then,” comes a cheeky response and ChangKyun can’t deny it even in a dream.

“I guess I am,” he lets out a laugh and allows his eyes to scan the vampire in front of him, His silver hair was styled up, eyes looking darker than usual, surprisingly underneath the long black coat was the black hoodie from earlier that evening, with zipper too low yet again. Was the look ChangKyun imagining a mix of two encounters?

“I will not stay until you wake up this time,” the vampire spoke and ChangKyun was about to blurt out a question ‘why’, but Wonho replied to it before it was even asked. “I don’t want you to get used to this.”

“Would it be bad if I would?” it must be a dream as ChangKyun asks the questions more carelessly  and boldly than in reality. In all honestly, with the small almost electric tingling still rushing through him, he wouldn’t mind such dreams more often, disregarding the fact he knew the moonlight pale creature before him for such short time.

“It would be disappointing eventually,” Wonho said and stood up. “I can stop by, but I can’t stay. I will wait for you to stop by and stay,” he ads before taking a step closer to the bed and leaning over so his piercing eyes would be at the same level as ChangKyun’s, the cool air radiating from the vampire dancing around the human yet again. “See you soon,” he smiles and ChangKyun blinks just once - one single time before a loud obnoxious noise makes him open his eyes again.

It was 9:30 a.m again and the alarm was going off loudly again. Half dazed he turned it off and then rolled to his other sides to turn on the lamp. This dream was as odd if not odder than the first one. They were unbelievably realistic and unreal at the same time.

“Am I already going crazy?” ChangKyun murmurs and turns his head to the side just to jump up in bed. The chair he had put back in it’s place was now standing in the same spot Wonho had put when they had the conversation and the simultaneously the same spot where the vampire sat during the dream.

With a small thud ChangKyun fell back in the bed, his eyes wide and looking at the ceiling above him. “What is going on?” he let out a breath, his hand going to the punctures marks on his arm. The line between reality and dream was an absolute mess and he was in no state to solve it, at least alone.

Notes:

~ III ~
I am back with another update, this time extremely WonKyun and giving more information about the vampires in this AU (spilling some tea on this one franchise *cough*).
The next chapter will be as WonKyun and it will come to be sometime next week.

P.S Feel free to use hashtag #TheBlueFlowerFF on twitter in case you tweet about it. I will check it daily ;]