~ IV ~

The Blue Flower

ChangKyun is in an absolute daze. He just barely hears the bickering between Minhyuk and Kihyun at the breakfast table as everything around him seems to be covered in deep fog. He knows they ask him something, most probably about having a talk with Wonho, but when he doesn’t reply they don’t bother him anymore. Or maybe they do and ChangKyun simply doesn’t hear them. Either way he leaves the kitchen even before Shownu and his sleepy vampire, to wander around the house again.

His arm still tingles where it was bitten, like a lingering reminder of where he was now. It’s like an itch and he keeps on catching himself running his fingers over the two small punctures. He wants to feel that again - the feeling of fangs going through his flesh, full lips pressing against his skin, the breeze of autumn air swirling around him. It’s ridiculous and illogical as he was scared to death two days ago by the very sight of a vampire but now, now he wanted more.

An obstacle suddenly appears in his way and ChangKyun head first walks into something or rather someone, as his gaze is directed to his arm. He looks up, two sleepy, almond shaped midnight blue eyes looking at him from an oval, handsome face with full lips, a curly mess of light brown hair on the man's or rather vampires head. If ChangKyun wasn’t mistaken he had just literally ran into Hyungwon.

“I’m sorry,” he manages to push past his lips and the vampire blinks slowly a few times. He looks sleep deprived, lethargic even - like a sloth on a ground or a Galapagos tortoise. Seeing how fast Minhyuk knocked out cold at the breakfast table in the morning, it was a surprise Hyungwon was even standing here during daytime.

“It’s okay, I wasn’t really looking where I was going either,” he replies in a deep, raspy voice, sounding like he either just woke up or is about to fall asleep any second. He closes his eyes and sways a little, the overly long sleeves of the blue knitted sweater he was wearing making his movement rather cute or oddly majestic even.

“You’re Wonho’s new feeder, right?” he opens his eyes slowly and ChangKyun nods, watching how the vampire sways a little, actually being concerned he will fall over. “That’s good. You seem nice. He needs someone nice,” Hyungwon nods and turns around before speaking again. “You can come along if you want to talk. I should be your mentor after all.” he adds and starts to slowly waddle away and even tho still shocked, ChangKyun decides to follow him, mostly to make sure the vampire actually doesn’t fall over somewhere.

He follows the long flailing sleeves to a room with a silvery daisy on the top the door and almost bumps in the vampire again as he has stopped - his hand on the door handle, his eyes closed. ChangKyun leans closer to check did the immortal being of almighty powers really just fell asleep while opening the door, but the vampire suddenly topples and his forehead bumps against the door. ChangKyun’s arms shoot up a second too late to catch the sleepy man, yet the rough greeting of the door awakens Hyungwon.

The vampire finally manages to open the door, his feet shuffling over the carpeted floor until he flops on the bed. It looks like someone had just crawled out of it - blankets and pillows a mess. It didn’t stop Hyungwon, his head straight in the pillow, his long body covering the whole length of the bed. “Come on in and close the door,” he speaks into the pillow and ChangKyun hesitantly obeys.

The moment the doors are closed and the artificial light from the hallways can’t enter anymore, the room sinks into deep twilight. Some form of light comes from the window covered with heavy drapes in what it seems deep russet color, to block the sunlight from attacking the vampire. ChangKyun scans the room with his eyes, the wast difference between HyungWon’s and Wonho’s rooms were obvious. There’s a computer on the table in the furthest corner, shelves with photos, large dresser covered in trinkets and souvenirs. It’s not overly crowded nor is it clustered, but it’s definitely different.

ChangKyun walks over to a chair that’s in mid point between the bed and the door with intention to sit down, but a pile of cloth stops him from that. “Just put them on the floor,” Hyungwon is still face first in the pillow, but he somehow knows the situation. With his permission the sweaters, pants and shirts are placed on the floor and ChangKyun sits down while Hyungwon sits up indian style on the bed.

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping now?” ChangKyun blurts out the question that was obviously on his mind since he ran into the vampire. Hyungwon blinks slowly a few times again before yawning loudly, exposing his fangs.

“I didn’t change my biorhythms while I was still human, so now it’s tougher to get used to the change. I want to sleep, but I keep on waking up,” the vampire speaks slowly, his dark blue eyes glistering in the dark like waving water under moonlight A fascinatingly beautiful sight, but not for ChangKyun’s taste.

“Is that a must - to change them?” ChangKyun asks even though he is not sure for how long his conversation mate will be conscious. He doesn’t have anything in particular he would like to ask, as he had decided he would eventually get all answers from Wonho.

“It’s a lot easier that way. I just didn’t have enough time to do it properly,” the vampire sways slightly from left to right and ChangKyun must admit he is extremely cute like this. “My story is sad. Let’s not talk about sad things,” he adds smiling softly, his eyes droopy. “Let’s talk about happy things, like Wonho,” he changes the conversation suddenly and even though taken aback, ChangKyun doesn’t mind.

“Be nice to him, okay? He has lived alone for so, so, so very long, he needs to be treated nicely,” Hyungwon leans closer, his dark eyes capturing ChangKyun’s. “He’s a good man. He has lots of regrets, but being alive for centuries does stain you, now doesn’t it?” he continues and he somehow seems a bit more awake now. “Just be nice to him. He needs it,” he emphasize and ChangKyun nods.

“Good,” Hyungwon smiles and free falls sideways in the bed. ChangKyun is concerned for a second, jumping up from his chair, but he notices the vampire still smiling softly, his eyes closed. “I will sleep now,” he murmurs, the sound barely coming from his mouth and that’s the queue for ChangKyun to leave. He pulls the blanket from the end of the bed over the sound asleep vampire and walks out of the door, closing it quietly. It probably was a thing - all vampires having their own quirks and odd habits, so what were Wonho’s?

ChangKyun continues his house tour number two, stoppin by the kitchen for lunch and then making his way to library. Books of countless languages, in all possible genres and styles, from poems to novels in several books - all in shelves covering almost all four walls of the room. It was a bookworm's paradise and even though ChangKyun didn’t think of himself as one, it didn’t take him more than 30 minutes to be indulged in a book, taking over the corner of a cream colored sofa right next to a snack bowl. It was a novel of 15th century Italy, filled with adventures and conspiracy theories and he is swallowed whole by the story, the world around him disappearing.

The snack bowl is long empty, the room filled with people in all empty spaces and if not someone suddenly jumping on the sofa, ChangKyun wouldn’t have even looked away from the book until it was finished. “Hey!” comes a cheerful greeting and startled by both the greeting and the sofa almost tilting over ChangKyun looks up to meed Minhyuk’s bright eyes. “How long have you been here?”

“I have no idea,” ChangKyun admits, “What time is it now?” he asks, looking for a clock anywhere in the room. His eyes find one the same moment Minhyuk tells the time to him - 11:27 p.m. If he came to the library around two, head been sitting in one place for good nine hours. “Wow,” he murmurs to himself and stands up on wobbly legs, followed by Minhyuk’s curious gaze.

“I probably should head to bed,” he murmurs again, rubbing his eyes and slowly walking out of the library, right past Shownu who was now walking in. His mind is fuzzy from the long reading, the tingling in his arm back and more evident than during the day. As he makes his way to his room, he finds himself stopping in front of Wonho’s door again. There’s soft piano music coming from behind the heavy door and ChangKyun takes a step closer to hear it better.

As if led by an invisible force, he knocks on the door softly, he almost doesn’t hear it himself. His hands goes to the door handle, turning it slowly and he pushes the door open, a voice greeting him instantly. “Come on in. I know it’s you,” rings through the air between the melody and ChangKyun takes the invite. He steps in, closing the door behind him, entering the barely candlelight lit room. The dim honey like light melting together with the piano sounds and the scent of an autumn breeze, coating the air in thick layer of unexplainably soothing feeling and ChangKyun names entering the room his best decision ever.

Wonho is sitting at the piano, his back to the door, his fingers dancing on the piano keys, sending a wonderful melody around the room, creating the atmosphere wonderful beyond imagination. He looks like a picture from a fairytale book, like a painting that has come alive. Even though his legs were clad in jeans, the white shirt, yet again with too many top buttons open, and his the messy siler waves on his had turned him into a prince. And he indeed was one, but not from fairytales but from the darkness of the night.

Still mesmerized ChangKyun walks over to the bed and sits down, his eyes locked on the blue eyes reflecting the flickering lights of the candles, slim ivory white fingers dancing over as white piano keys. Only when the first piece is over ChangKyun catches himself leaning as close as he can without falling off the edge of the bed.

“That was beautiful,” he doesn’t even contemplate on keeping his words in. A soft smile apears on Wonho’s lips before he finally looks at ChangKyun. It was almost better when he hadn’t looked, because the shadows playing on his face makes him look breathtaking and ChangKyun feels beyond stupid. And he was afraid, no, mortified before? What had gotten into him then? Or maybe what was gotten into him now?

“Chopin always has had lovely pieces to perform,” Wonho says casually. “Did you want to ask something?” he continues and ChangKyun is slightly taken aback by the piercing blue-eyed gaze which was surprisingly gentle. He actually didn’t have any reason to be here. He just heard the music and something inside him told to knock on the door.

“No,” he shakes his head, “I just wanted to listen to you playing. Can I say?” ChangKyun is not sure himself what has gotten into him, but such bold questions seem natural and they make the vampire smile as if no one has ever asked him this.

“Of course,” Wonho turns back to the keys and another melody fills the air. This time it’s a bit darker, heavier at the beginning, but it gradually becomes lighter, surprisingly happy and upbeat, total of three different melodies intervening perfectly, flowing from one to another. ChangKyun is absolutely mesmerized, he knows his mouth is probably gaping open slightly, but he doesn’t really care. By the end of the piece he has his legs crossed on the bed, his elbows resting on his knees, his palms supporting his chin a he leans closer absolutely absorbed by the music and the man playing.

The music as if flows completely through Wonho’s every fiber - from the ends of his hair to the his fingertips running over the keys. He’s as absorbed in the piano as ChangKyun was in the book a little while ago and it’s an amazing view. When the pieces obviously change, a soft romantic melody coming in the place of the rapid one, Wonho’s whole appearance changes along. His features become softer and dreamier, his eyes closed most of the time allowing the flickering lights to play shadow games in his lashes and on his cheeks.

“Beautiful,” ChangKyun murmurs, but he isn’t sure it about the music or is about the man at the piano. All he knows that the amber deep light in the room, the melodies twirling in the air and the presence of the vampire has calmed him to the point his eyes refuse to stay open. He lays down as naturally as if this was his bed and continues to watch the man playing until his lids are too heavy to stay open, the sound of the music still ringing in his ears until a wonderfully deep, dreamless sleep takes over.

Notes:

~IV~ 
I would like to dedicate this cute sleepy vampire Hyungwon cameo to Henri. Because reasons.
I am not sure if and when will I reveal Hyungwon's "sad" story, but leave your ideas in the comments ;] I have it sorted in my head, but I wonder what you think happened and why was he turned.
I will try to keep Sundays the update days for this fic and post a one shot (most probably WonKyun) every Saturday! :D 
Hope you enjoyed!

P.S I am checking the hashtag #TheBlueFlowerFF on twitter daily as well as tweeting about my progress using in, so feel free to use it and check it out!

P.P.S The music I imagined Wonho playing before ChangKyun fell asleep (in order):
Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg]
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (Piano Sonata No. 14) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU]
Claude Debussy - CLAIR DE LUNE [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY]