~ II ~

The Blue Flower

The dream still lingered in ChangKyun’s mind during the morning shower and as he made his way downstairs to the shared kitchen of the male wing. In absolutely freakish manner he could still feel fingers threading through his hair, slightly cold presence, similar to that of a late autumn day, filling the air near him. Two eyes in shade of sky blue topaz gently gazing at him, pale thulian pink lips curling into a smile. It was just a dream. A beautifully real dream caused by shock and the blinding full moon. Yet why did it feel so real? And above all - why were all the lights in the room out when he woke up?

“Watch out!” a voice he had heard before stopped ChangKyun mid step, hand holding onto his forearm oddly lightly, yet with enough strength to keep him in place. He shook his head, images of a dream and confusing reality mixing together - the scene of a figure drifting out from a wall being the last on his mind as he focused on reality again. He was exactly one step away from tumbling down a flight of stairs, his leg mid air to make a step which would set him flying. He placed his leg back down and turned around to meet the eyes he was just remembering so vividly.

The vampire he had met yesterday was now holding him back from, maybe not death, but some nasty bruises for sure. The soft and kind gaze was replaced with concern and ChangKyun could feel the grip around his arm tightening, as if the immortal was fearing he would flee again. Even tho shocked, ChangKyun didn’t think about fleeing. Not this time.

“Thanks,” he murmured and took one more step back from the stairs and only then the silver-haired vampire let his arm go. There are a few awkward seconds of silence and ChangKyun can’t force himself to look at the pale man next to him and keeps his eyes locked on the elaborately carved wooden railing.

“I believe I didn’t have a chance to introduce myself properly last night,” the vampire suddenly spoke and in an automatic response ChangKyun looked at him. Yet again there’s that soft smile gracing his features and now, seeing it in reality, the dream seemed less and less like one.

“My name is Wonho,” the vampire says and reaches his hand out for a most common greeting. Hesitating a second too long ChangKyun let’s his hand to sink in the white palm waiting. As he noted yesterday despite his fright, the skin of the vampire was cold, but not freezing nor was it unpleasant. Above all it was soft and borderline delicate, as if it had never seen hard work or held an object heavier than a feather.

“I’m ChangKyun,” he replies, his words coming from his mouth in a clumsy manner and he wishes he would have just stayed quiet.

“I know. That you managed to say before running off,” the vampire as in Wonho replied, his smile growing wider and two fangs appearing to site, barely poking his lower lip. ChangKyun feels that he should be freaked out - as he was last night - but the hand still holding his oddly calms him and he doesn’t react in any other way but getting embarrassed of his own actions before.

“I would like to chat with you a bit more, but the sun is already up for a while and I can’t think that well during the day,” Wonho continues and let’s go of ChangKyun’s hand. “Would you mind if I would stop by your room in the evening after I have slept a bit?” he asks and ChangKyun hasn’t even fully registered the question, but he nods and the fangy smile returns on the silver-hairs lips.

“Great. See you in the evening, ChangKyun,” he says and turns around, walking up the stairs and turning somewhere around the corner as any normal human would do. Why would he walk, if walls were no obstacles for him?

ChangKyun shakes his head, trying to get the information he had just received in place with what he knew from before. This time he avoids daydreaming and reaches the kitchen where the air is thick with the rich scent of fresh brewed coffee and just off-pan bacon, chatter dancing along with the scents creating the cosiest atmosphere ChangKyun has seen in years. Something like this was a distant memory of his childhood which he had forgotten, yet a place like this had brought it back.

“Good morning,” he greets the three people in the room and all three look at him. One of them is at the stow, cooking the breakfast and ChangKyun recognizes him as HyungWon’s new feeder Kihyun. The other two look at him from the table. A delicate, white-haired pixy with most blinding sapphire blue eyes looks at him from the lap of a broad, sun-kissed man with deep brown hair and tired yet soft chestnut brown eyes. Those were Minhyuk and Shownu.

“Good morning,” they all reply almost in unison as ChangKyun takes a seat at the table in front of the couple. A mug of steaming hot and pitch black liquid appears before him, sugar and cream being placed mid table. There’s a half empty mug, probably with the same content, in front of Shownu as well as a plate with crumbs left on it. So the breakfast was basically over.

“You came down the last second. I was about to call it quits on feeding you all,” the pink haired man speaks, a plate of bacon, eggs and some fresh cut tomato slices appear next to the mug along with a fork. “It’s no way easier to do two jobs around here, but you all would be gone without me so…” he continues and ChangKyun catches Minhyuk rolling his eyes at the last statement.

“Ouh, please. Everyone would be fine without your nagging,” the pixie-like vampire pouts, his fingers absentmindedly threading through the larger male’s hair, his chest rising and falling as he takes a deep breath of the tanned man’s scent, burying his nose in the curve of his neck. It didn’t look like Shownu was bothered by it at all as if it was an extremely common thing, yet kihyun pulled a face and admittedly, ChangKyun was not used to seeing such affection first thing in the morning.

“Keep the PDA in your room. And you have no right to object as you are the messiest vampire I have ever met,” the pink hair ads and sits down at the table with his own mug and plate. “Eat,” he encourages ChangKyun and the latter nods, silently continuing to observe the dispute between the pouty vampire and persistent human.

“First of all, you are just jealous and secondly, you don’t have to deal with it, so don’t bother lecturing me,” Minhyuk pulls a face and stares at Kihyun with such intensity it’s ridiculous and even frightening in a way, but it doesn’t seem to have any results on the human. Either this happened even more often than one could imagine or it was nothing more but cheeky banter, or probably both.

“Jealous?” Kihyun asks in a fakely shocked tone, placing his hand on his chest and leaning back in his chair before leaning closer to the vampire. “Jealous my ,” he emphasizes each word and sits back. “But I must admit, it’s admirable you admit how messy you are,” the human smirks and Minhyuk is about to go off, jump on the table or at the human, but Shownu holds him back single handedly. Now that was even more fascinating than the bickering - a human holding a vampire back so easily.

“Guys, you do remember that ChangKyun is here for the second morning and knows none of the inside references, right?” Shownu finally speaks and both the vampire and the pink haired human look at ChangKyun who was currently taking a sip from his coffee. He was fine just observing, but knowing the details wouldn’t harm.

“In short I am both the head of the male ward, responsible for everything from facilities to food in your stomachs and Hyungwon’s feeder since yesterday. He’s a friend and after he had to be turned I agreed to lend a helping, well, arm,” Kihyun explains rapidly and looks down at the two barely there puncture marks on his lower arm. “Just friends. Nothing like those two,” he reassures and glares over the table where Minhyuk just barely has his fangs scraping on Shownu’s neck.

“Stop teasing me when you know I am sleepy!” Minhyuk whines and hides against Shownu’s chest, the latter wrapping his large arms around the smaller vampire’s frame. “Better ask ChangKyun what happened and why Wonho hyung couldn’t eat,” the white-haired one continues. “I will go to sleep,” he murmurs and indeed in counted seconds the vampire is sound asleep in Shownu’s arms, which is quite an endearing view.

“What did he mean with ‘Wonho didn’t get to eat’?” Kihyun automatically switches to questioning ChangKyun and the latter almost chokes on a piece of bacon. He hadn’t even imagined he would have to settle this with anyone else but the silver haired vampire himself. Let alone that he will have to do it at a breakfast table.

“I kind of freaked out when he came into the room,” ChangKyun admits in small voice and wraps his hands around the white mug, focusing on the slightly waving dark liquid in it. Now when said out loud by himself it was even more embarrassing. He had had the possibly silliest reaction even though he knew what was his new job.

“Okay, he is one good looking spawn of the darkness, but to freak out…” Kihyun begins to speak yet ChangKyun shakes his head in denial.

“I freaked out because he came in through a wall… the outer wall of the house,” he hears yesterday’s fear in his voice. “That… I wasn’t expecting that,” ChangKyun admits and twirls the mug between his hands. “And it didn’t seem that he even knew that I was waiting,” he adds and Kihyun pulls a face of shock and realization and looks away, taking a sip from his coffee.

“You didn’t tell him?” Shownu speaks and the vampire in his arms moves a little from the sound. Kihyun is still avoiding any eye contact at the table and Shownu just lets out a long sigh. “Don’t worry,” he turns to ChangKyun, “it’s a small misunderstanding and one conversation can set it right,” he smiles a cute round-cheeked smile, his eyes turning into lovely arches. “And he can do stuff a lot more cool than walking through walls,” he adds and stands up. The white-haired vampire snuggles closer to him, hiding his face against the broad shoulder.

“Now, we will go to sleep,” Shownu adds before walking away, carrying the almost fragile looking creature along as if he weighs nothing. Something was very special, almost as fascinating as the vampire he was holding.

“Shownu’s right,” Kihyun finally speaks. “If you’ll talk it out I’m sure it will be all good.”

“He said he will come by in the evening,” ChangKyun replies and Kihyun looks relieved, as if he didn’t want to get involved further into this.

“Great! Enjoy the day then. You can go out, if you want, nothing forbids that. We have a game room, cinema room and a huge library, as at nights not a lot of places are open for more purposes than drinking and clubbing,” he stands up and gathers his and Shownu’s dishes putting them in the sink along with ChangKyun’s empty plate. “We have fruits and other healthy stuff here. Don’t be shy and feel like home,” he speaks as the water begins to run from the faucet, clinking of dishes touching each other ringing through the air.

“Thanks,” ChangKyun murmurs and finishes his coffee before walking out of the kitchen. Almost aimlessly he wanders around rather large estate, finding the rooms Kihyun mentioned along with a gym and a huge lounge with an enormous window facing a well kept garden. He sees males and females from other wings in various parts of the house and only when he sees blue eyes gleaming from here and there, he notices that it’s already 6 p.m. He had literally aimlessly walked around the house for the whole day, obvious hunger kicking in the moment his brain registers the hands of the clock at the end of the third floor hallway.

“Productive…” he sighs and takes a step forward just to realize in front of which door he had stopped. From the same door of dark wood, matching other doors of the hallway and railings on the stairs, he had ran out yesterday. The symbol of a silver moon flower above the entrance made it different from other one’s. Each door, rather than a number, carried a symbol. Above his own door was a blue moon flower. Quite possibly there was a connection.

“He should wake up soon.” ChangKyun mutters to himself and he is actually tempted to knock on the door, yet a silent growl in his stomach keeps him back. Right. He needed food. Going down the same staircase he almost tumbled down in the morning he reaches the oddly empty kitchen, settling for some fruit before as carelessly as before making his way to his room.

The door barely closes and he takes not more than a half as step in when there is a soft knock. ChangKyun freezes and he has the feeling he is turning around in slow motion. The day had melted away too fast. He hadn’t prepared anything - an apology for example - for the conversation and yet here he was, his hand on the door handle.

“Here goes nothing,” he sighs and turns the handle, slowly opening the door.

 

Notes:

AN UPDATE! YEY~
A filler needed for plot development with some ShowHyuk and Kihyun.
The next chapter is super sweet and beautiful in my head and I hope I will manage to write that one and MAYBE one more during the weekend. So, stay alert and cross your fingers for me!

P.S All the spelling errors that MIGHT be hiding in this will be attended eventually.