007

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

007

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon ran out of the room expecting Baekhyun to still be around there but he was nowhere to be seen. She walked around there for a few minutes until she finally found Baekhyun talking to a beautiful nurse in front of a room. He was smiling so charmingly while the nurse looked like she was about to fall in love with him any soon. So Jiyeon took a drastic step and cleared real loud.

“Ehem!”

“Oh, Jiyeon?” Baekhyun averted his focus towards Jiyeon.

“You have a nurse friend?” Jiyeon pretended to ask while she stood close to him and even linked their arms.

Baekhyun eyed their arms and then Jiyeon weirdly, confused, “She’s my friend’s sister. Not really a friend.” He then answered and Jiyeon curled a satisfied smile when she saw the nurse rolled her eyes in annoyance when the guy didn’t even acknowledge her as a friend.

“That’s your cue girl. You should do your job now because that’s what you’re here for.” Jiyeon dissed before she dragged Baekhyun away with her.

“You don’t have to be mean you know?” Baekhyun said.

“Well because someone like you, who already have a girlfriend is actually flirting with a cute nurse because your girlfriend isn’t here. I gotta put you in place.”

“I wasn’t flirting. I told you she’s a friend’s sister.” Baekhyun stressed.

“Yes. A cute friend’s sister. Besides, aren’t you here to visit Taehyung?” Jiyeon finally decided to change the topic.

“Yes that’s what I’m here for. But I figured I should be walking around first because you guys were quite busy inside there.” Baekhyun said and she knew really well what he was implying.

“Listen Baekhyun, Taehyung and I… we’re nothing like whatever you thought we are. We’re just colleagues.” Jiyeon explained herself.

“Well I guess even colleagues can get intimate like it was nothing nowadays right?” He uttered it so sarcastically and Jiyeon knew he must have seen what happened just now.

“Listen Baekhyun, there’s really nothing between us, I promise.”

“I get it Jiyeon. But why do you have to explain this to me? I never said my staffs can’t be together or anything so you don’t need to explain yourself to me. You can do whatever and be with whoever you want without explaining it to me. I don’t do a dating-ban.” Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

Jiyeon’s expression hardened as she looked into Baekhyun’s eyes, “You insensitive !” She yelled before turning around and left.

“What…?” Baekhyun confusedly stared until she disappeared.

“She called you . How do you feel?”

Baekhyun turned around upon hearing the voice and saw Taehyung was there with his back leaned against the wall and arms crossed, smirking, “Oh it’s you. What are you doing here?” Baekhyun thoughtlessly asked.

“Oh well. Quite a pointless question because I’m pretty sure you knew well why I’m here. I practically live here for the next few days because of dehydration. And you guys were having a loud conversation near my room. I guess that conversation affected your brain because you seem to lose part of your memory.” Right after dissing his boss, Taehyung walked back to his room followed by Baekhyun.

Taehyung settled on his bed and Baekhyun took the sofa near the bed while his eyes wandered around, “This room is better than my whole apartment. You must not be an ordinary guy. What do your parents do?” Baekhyun thoughtlessly asked whatever in his mind.

“I’m an ordinary guy, boss, and I don’t have parents. I don’t know why I’m here too. I was kinda mad when the nurse woke me up and suddenly transferred me here. What a pain in the .” Taehyung answered the question.

“Must be your siblings then, haha.” Baekhyun awkwardly laughed, somehow feeling guilty.

“I don’t have siblings either.” Taehyung simply replied.

“Oh… hmm, where do you live?” The elder asked again because there was an obvious awkwardness floating in the air because it was actually their first time having a conversation with just the two of them after months knowing each other.

“D’Rêveur hotel.” Taehyung gave a brief answer.

“WHAT? That five star hotel? You—live there?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened,

 

Taehyung only nodded as an answer, and part of him hoped that Baekhyun would stop asking question because his reactions were really awkward and it almost made Taehyung felt bad for him for trying to keep the conversation going.

“You live there… and you stay in this VIP ward… who are you really?” He curiously asked.

“I’m just living off of someone’s sympathy.” Taehyung answered, and Baekhyun just nodded understandingly, “What are you gonna do about Jiyeon?” He suddenly questioned which made Baekhyun flustered.

“What do you mean?” He let out an awkward laugh.

“I heard you guys just now. That pitiful girl just can’t let you go. Why don’t you just be honest with her? Don’t you think it’s getting annoying by now?”

“She’s someone special to me. She abandons her dream just to stay by my side, although when I almost lost everything she still insisted on staying and worked really hard to help me that I feel bad for her. I mean, if she didn’t know me in the first place she wouldn’t have ended up becoming a mere consultant at a weird agency. Since it’s already getting this messy, I thought I should just go with the flow so later when the time comes, she can let go and live her life the way she deserves to.” While Baekhyun explained himself, Taehyung just silently listened to him.

He smirked before he responded to Baekhyun, “So you wouldn’t mind if I say I want Jiyeon for myself right?”

“What are you talking about?” The always friendly-looking Baekhyun frowned as he glared at the younger guy on his bed.

“You got nothing to lose if I manage to make Jiyeon fall for me, because if she does, she won’t be tied to you anymore. She will let go and you don’t have to worry about her anymore.”

Baekhyun sighed before he looked away, avoiding Taehyung’s sharp gaze, “Do whatever you want. It’s none of my concern.”

“Won’t you regret this? I mean, you guys have known each other for years and she’s been sticking around you like gums, don’t you develop even a little bit of romantic feelings toward her?” Taehyung kept questioning.

“She’s just like a dear little sister to me.” It’s getting tense because Baekhyun slightly raised his voice as he talked, seemingly not wanting to keep discussing the matter.

Fortunately, someone suddenly knocked the door and opened it from outside. Mingyu’s head popped out, brightly grinning at the hyungs as he entered the room bringing some drinks and fruits. He came straight to the hospital after finishing his class for the day, showing his concern for the hyung as the youngest. After Mingyu greeted him, Baekhyun wished Taehyung for a speedy recovery before he excused himself and exited the room. Mingyu worriedly eyes Baekhyun until he disappeared before he ran towards Taehyung and took a seat next to the bed.

“Hyung, what’s the matter with the boss? His expression looked dark it’s scary!” Mingyu who had always been afraid of Baekhyun because of his force then urgently asked.

“I told him I’ll make Jiyeon mine. He said it wasn’t his concern but his expression said otherwise.” Taehyung told while rumbling through the plastic bag filled with fruits.

“What?! Why would you wanna make Jiyeon noona yours? Do you like her?” Mingyu desperately asked.

“Why? Am I not allowed to like her?” Taehyung asked back.

Mingyu only sighed before he answered him, “I thought I’ll have a chance with Jiyeon noona after Baekhyun hyung rejected her. What would she sees in a boy like me when there’s you, and Siwan hyung too.” He pouted, expressing his dissatisfaction.

Taehyung only laughed before he patted Mingyu’s shoulder, “Don’t worry. You’ll still have a chance. You just need to work harder. You’re an educated boy too, with a bright future as South Korea’s diplomat ahead. You lack nothing compared to us.” He convinced and Mingyu finally smiled again, “Oh, maybe you lack the charms compared to me.”

“Hyung! You’re not helping at all!” Mingyu furiously yelled, “You’re lucky you’re a patient.”

“A threat coming from a flower boy like you doesn’t bother me a bit,” Taehyung mockingly laughed, “But you don’t have to worry much about Siwan. He’s a spoiled jerk so Jiyeon will never fall for him.” He then let out an evil laugh after degrading Siwan.

“He’s a gentleman though.” Mingyu added Siwan’s good point.

“Then you should be a better gentleman. Don’t lose to him.”

“What should I do about you then?” Mingyu shot a hateful gaze towards Taehyung.

“Don’t mind me. I do things my way, rather inconsistently. All you have to do is forgiving me if I get Jiyeon before you did.”

“Ah you’re so frustrating!”

“Hahahaha!”

 

-----------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon sighed loudly as she made her way to the office room holding some envelopes she took from the mailbox. She took a seat at the conference table before began checking the envelopes one by one and sorting it according to the recipients. Out of the blue, someone barged into the room making Jiyeon gasped in sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter