002

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-002-

 

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon ran outside the office where she saw Baekhyun was heading to the door to leave the place. She grabbed Baekhyun’s arm and stopped him from leaving. Without saying anything, she dragged him towards the rest area and forced him to take a seat on the sofa before she took hers next to him. She took both of Baekhyun’s hands and held them in hers. She then began talking, in a sad tone.

“You wanna leave me alone here while you live comfortably with your sister?” She pouted.

“You know you can’t use this reason to convince me to stay right? You have other friends too, why would you choose to cling on me?” Baekhyun replied.

“I like you so much, that’s why. Come on Baekhyun, I assure you this will work. Look at all these guys, they all have diverse charms to attract different type of clients. Please believe in me.” Jiyeon begged.

“I don’t know…” Baekhyun sighed.

“Yah!” Jiyeon suddenly turned aggressive as she threw away Baekhyun’s hands, “We made a deal. If I found five guys with suitable criterion to this agency you’ll stay. Now after I found them, you simply said you don’t know?! You can’t do as you wish, you’ll stay because I found these five, just like our deal.” Jiyeon shot a death glare at Baekhyun.

“I’m… scared,” Baekhyun suddenly pouted, “Can you stop drastically changed your personality like that?”

“Changing topic won’t work, Byun Baekhyun.” Jiyeon crossed her arms, waiting for Baekhyun’s answer.

“Alright alright. Let’s go back to them, don’t waste our time longer.” Baekhyun stood up and offered his hand to Jiyeon while sweetly smiling at her, “Let’s go princess.”

Jiyeon’s stern expression changed to a bright one as she took Baekhyun’s hand, “Of course, my prince.” She grinned widely as they made their way to the office section together.

The guys who were silently waiting in the office room watched Jiyeon and Baekhyun strangely as they entered hand in hand. Myungsoo even stared and pointed at their intertwined hand intensely, clearly showing his disappointment. Jiyeon then urgently pulled away and smiled sheepishly while staring at the guy. That was when she caught Taehyung’s deep gaze watching her with a smirk slightly curled on his face.

“What is this? A romantic relationship between a boss and his assistant?” He asked, rather sarcastically.

“It’s not like that. We’re close, and we’ll leave it at that. So guys… is everyone in, for this work I mean? Just in case you guys got girlfriends so this work might be impossible for you.” Baekhyun asked while Jiyeon looked at everyone meaningfully.

“I’m in, since this work is quite flexible according to my class schedule. And I don’t have girlfriend too.” Mingyu was the first one to answer.

“Me too. I’m sick of office work and this is fun. And no girlfriend.” Siwan followed suit.

“I’m in, as long as my guitar is not forbidden here.” Myungsoo shyly talked.

“We need you guitar, Myungsoo.” Jiyeon told with a smile.

“Yeah, as a healing.” Baekhyun added, “Sehun, what about you?”

“I have no choice since I don’t have any place to go. If I can stay with you, I’m totally in.” Sehun answered Baekhyun’s question.

“What’s your relationship actually?” Jiyeon curiously asked them both.

“He’s my cousin, a naughty one.” Baekhyun finally revealed, “Okay Sehun, you can live with me, but with my rules.

“Taehyung-ssi… what do you say?” Jiyeon carefully asked, as if she was about to wake up the sleeping lion.

“Why not? With an interesting girl like you here, and these… weird guys, I guess I’ll have some fun. And girlfriends, I don’t know but I have some girl friends who often called me in the middle of the night asking if I wanna come to their place. Are they considered girlfriends?” Taehyung simply answered.

The room fell into a deep silence as everyone looked rather surprise at his answer, except for Siwan who stared at Taehyung with disgust showing on his expression, “Did they gave you money?” Siwan suddenly asked with an arrogant tone.

“Oh yes, lots of money.” Taehyung proudly smirked as he answered that.

Their faces changed again as they heard what Taehyung said. Jiyeon who thought of him as a e after seeing him at the hotel was now the most surprised one. She then silently prayed that by entering this agency Taehyung would quit the job.

“Enough chit-chatting. Can everyone leave this room now because I need to edit and print out the contracts for you guys?” Baekhyun’s expression turned serious in an instant second.

They all left the room and went to the rest area. Jiyeon told them to take a seat and be comfortable while she pulled Myungsoo to the open pantry right next to rest area. Siwan, Sehun, and Mingyu all took a seat each on the couches while Taehyung wandered around the place alone, checking every corner looking quite amazed on the internal deco. Jiyeon and Myungsoo brewed coffee for them all and looked rather close, as if they’ve known each other quite long. Taehyung suddenly approached these two and sat on the mini bar while watching them.

“I don’t want coffee. Make me a cup of milk tea.” He suddenly demanded.

Jiyeon lifted up her head to look at Taehyung, “I’m sorry but we don’t have any tea bags left.”

“Maybe he’s allergic to coffee.” Siwan then spoke in which Taehyung replied with an annoyed gaze.

Jiyeon noticed that both Siwan and Taehyung had been getting on each others’ nerves ever since they met, and it was pretty intense for people who had barely known each other today. Jiyeon just looked at Taehyung, checking for his expression but he looked cold as always.

“Let’s have a drink at the tea shop.” He suggested out of the blue.

“Now?” Jiyeon asked, surprised.

Right at that moment, the door to the office room opened and Baekhyun came out holding sheets of paper in his hands. Their attentions were all on him and he approached the rest area. Taehyung looked back at Jiyeon to answer her unanswered question just now as they were distracted by Baekhyun, “After this. For now, give me a bottle of mineral water.” Before Jiyeon could answer, he jumped off the mini bar and threw his body onto a sofa as Baekhyun asked them to gather there. Jiyeon and Myungsoo also joined them carrying a cup of coffee for each of them.

“Have a drink everyone. I swear Jiyeon brews the best coffee, even better than those crazily expensive coffee shops. While you drink, please listen to what I have to say including the content of our contract.”

They all nodded except for Taehyung who was staring at the floor emptily. Baekhyun handed the agreements to each of them before he began the briefing.

“Among the clients we’re using the nicknames, and they will choose the name they want you to go with during your ‘date’ with them. Remember, never ever expose your real names to the clients. They have no right to do so, and don’t worry, it’s already stated in the agreement so they should be clear. Read the terms and conditions first. Please be clear about everything, especially the one in red.”

No romance allowed with the customers.

“This is the most important rule. Seriously guys, no romance allowed when you’re with the clients especially the excessive one. I mean, we don’t wanna be responsible for any bad possibilities like the client being pregnant or anything. Remember this very clearly, that B.R.A is not a ion agency. We don’t function to please clients’ desire or anything. Jiyeon will assist and filter the purpose of the clients renting first, such as for events or something like that. So please make sure to always be aware of the limits we have set. Do you guys understand?”

“Yes boss.”

Follow the curfew.

“This is important too because your incomes and the clients’ fee depends on the curfew. When signing the agreement, the client has to decide the curfew right away. They can top up the time if necessary, but that only depends to us and to yourself to decide whether you wanna extend the time limit or not.”

Keep your identity undercover.

“This is important too. Just in case you saw your friends or family in the middle of the task, make sure to avoid them or just pretend to not know them. Make it possible since you’ll be styled differently from the normal you.”

“Did your noona know this is the kind of work you’re doing in Korea?” Sehun suddenly asked, seemingly being playful just to tease Baekhyun.

“Shut up or you’ll be homeless again,” Baekhyun threatened so Sehun gestured an apology, “So these three are the core part of this contract. The others are the basic terms for the salary distribution and stuffs.” He finished up the briefing.

“What about the nicknames?” Mingyu then asked.

“We’ll decide now, together. You can choose any nicknames for yourself.” Baekhyun answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter