005

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

005

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon was on her way to the agency carrying a box of pastries she bought for the others who were waiting in the agency. Once she arrived in front of the building, Jiyeon noticed a guy was standing there, right in front of the plaque they hung right next to the stairs where the name of their agency was written. She halted her steps as she observed the guy. He was tall and he has such a decent gym body. She then observed his side profile and his features looked like he’s a mixed of Korean and American. Jiyeon was somehow awed by the handsomeness she’s witnessing in front of her, but she quickly shook it off and decided to approach the guy.

“Hi. Can I help you?” Jiyeon greeted.

The guy was flustered for a second before he regained his sense and shot a sweet smile towards Jiyeon, “Hi. This agency… is it yours?”

“Ah no. I’m the consultant. Are you possibly searching for a job? If so I need to ask my boss first. You’re perfectly qualified for the job.” Jiyeon happily told and the guy awkwardly chuckled in response.

“No actually…” He stuttered, “I wish to use the service. Can you help me?” He finally answered.

“Yeah what?!” Jiyeon unintentionally yelled, “Oh I’m sorry. I understand. Follow me first and we’ll see.”

The guy nodded and he then followed Jiyeon walking downstairs towards their basement agency. Once Jiyeon opened the door, she could hear Sehun and Mingyu’s voices arguing about something. She could also hear Myungsoo’s guitar and the sound of someone playing video games. When she entered with the guy behind her, her eyes met Taehyung who was reading on a chair near the office. Ignoring him, Jiyeon opened the door to the office, invited the guy in, and told him to take a seat first before she rushed out of there.

“Where’s Baekhyun oppa?” She asked Taehyung as she approached him.

“I don’t know. Who’s that?” He asked while eyeing the office room.

“I don’t know either. I need to find Baekhyun.” Jiyeon answered before she made her way to the rest area. Mingyu and Sehun were still arguing about something to even notice that Jiyeon was there.

“Can you two shut the up right now?!” Before Jiyeon could stop them, Taehyung had already scolded them from a far, making both of them closed their mouths.

“I don’t know what’s with you guys, but I need Baekhyun now. Where is he?” Jiyeon asked the two boys but they only shrugged their shoulders. Her eyes shifted to Siwan who was fully absorbed by the game on the Xbox One at the corner of the rest area.

“Jiyeon-ah.” Someone called and Jiyeon changed her focus to the voice which she later met Myungsoo’s eyes staring at her with a soft smile, “He’s in the storeroom.” Myungsoo told, pointing at a room next to the pantry.

“Thanks oppa.” Jiyeon smiled before she headed to the storeroom.

Jiyeon went to the storeroom and right when she was about to push the door, it was already pulled open from inside revealing Baekhyun busily trying to remove spider web from his hair. He urgently braked because he noticed Jiyeon quite late. He let out a small cough probably because of the dust before he finally talked.

“Yes, Jiyeon?” He asked.

“We need to talk.” Jiyeon whispered, sending Baekhyun a signal that the others shouldn’t know about it yet.

“Sure.” Looking rather enthusiastic, he pulled Jiyeon into the storeroom with him. The small space caused their skin to brush onto each other quite often, making Jiyeon’s heart helplessly fluttered since Baekhyun was someone she used to love, or might still love.

“Why do you choose this place? We could’ve just gone outside for a while. Our client is waiting in the office room.” Jiyeon said.

“Client? We have a new client? So this is about our client and not about us?” Baekhyun asked and there’s an obvious hint of disappointment in his voice.

“What’s there to talk about us now oppa? The thing is, the client is a guy!” Jiyeon explained.

“A guy?! Oh pardon me. It’s just quite shocking because honestly I didn’t prepare for this. So what should we do now?”

“I should be the one asking you that! What should we do? Are we going to accept his request?”

“Let’s meet him and hear what he has to say first. Let’s go.”

Baekhyun opened the door and grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist before dragging her to the office room with him. Without them noticed, all of the guys out there were watching them with various feelings and thoughts in their heads. While Myungsoo looked rather disappointed, Siwan looked curious, Mingyu was pouting, Sehun was watching meaningfully, and Taehyung was staring coldly, and their eyes followed until both of them disappeared into the office room. The room turned into a grave silence, and the only sound they heard shortly after was the sound of Myungsoo throwing his guitar into the case and locked them.

“Don’t waste your time being disappointed because of someone who couldn’t even notice your feeling.” Taehyung ambiguously expressed before he continued reading.

“Are you mocking me hyung?” Mingyu suddenly asked and his tone was rather annoyed.

“Why? Someone didn’t notice your feeling too?” Taehyung replied with a teasing smirk.

“Seriously Mingyu?” Sehun suspiciously looked at the youngest.

“Ignore him. Kim Taehyung always acts like he knows it all when he is actually a clueless little puppy.” Siwan scorned.

“Can all of you just stop now? It’s getting annoying.” Myungsoo finally voiced out, making the room turned silent again.

 

Meanwhile Baekhyun and Jiyeon were already in the office, meeting their first ever guy client. They began interviewing him regarding his purpose of requesting for their service. Their expressions gradually changed as the guy explained his real intention of renting a boyfriend. After a minute of consideration, Baekhyun finally nodded and signaled Jiyeon to take out the agreement as well as the pictures of the guys. Jiyeon just obeyed the boss and took the dark blue folder that held the profiles and pictures of the boyfriends.

“Please sign the agreement first.” She handed the agreement to the guy, “What should I call you?”

“Just call me Terry.” He answered before he began reading the agreement.

Jiyeon nodded before she began arranging the pictures of six guys on the table, right in front of Terry, “Now choose which one you prefer to bring with you.”

“Definitely not the boss.” Terry chuckled as he excluded Baekhyun from the option.

While he was making his choice, Jiyeon approached Baekhyun and about not being chosen. He only pouted as a reply, “Oppa, I was thinking… should we keep the reason of renting a secret from these guys first? I mean whoever chosen, let him know himself during the task.” Jiyeon suddenly suggested.

“Sounds fun. Let’s do it!” Baekhyun agreed and they giggled together at the corner of the room. They only stopped when Terry cleared his throat.

“Have you made your choice?” Jiyeon asked him.

“I can’t choose. Can I meet them all and see myself? I can’t choose carelessly from the photos or I might ruin my plan.” Terry requested.

Jiyeon looked at Baekhyun, and once she received a nod then Jiyeon then told Terry to come with them. They both walked out from the office room while Terry silently tailed behind. Baekhyun quickly instructed them to gather and make them line up facing them. Their faces were showing an obvious uneasy expression as they all noticed an exotically handsome guy was standing behind Jiyeon and Baekhyun while the two of them tried so hard to keep a blank serious face.

“Is he a new recruit?” The curious Sehun asked, couldn’t stand still.

Baekhyun shook his head, “He’s our client.”

“WHAT?!” Siwan instinctively exclaimed, genuinely surprised, “I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

“We accept guys too?” Mingyu innocently asked and Jiyeon answered him with a nod.

“This place is full of nonsense.” Taehyung uttered under his breath but Jiyeon still caught that and he received a glare.

“Terry, you may choose now.” Baekhyun called him forward.

Terry nodded before he crossed his arms and walked passed all the boys. They all dropped down their faces, avoiding Terry’s eyes. Baekhyun and Jiyeon softly chuckled behind and they purposely looked away, didn’t dare to look at the boys’ funny praying-to-not-be-chosen expressions. After about a minute of thinking, Terry finally stopped in front of a boy he had his eyes on. Baekhyun and Jiyeon only smiled, at the same time were holding their laughter seeing Mingyu’s bewildered face. He looked at Jiyeon and his expression screamed ‘help me!’

“Great choice! Personally, I think our Eros is the most handsome one.” Jiyeon agreed with Terry’s choice.

“He could steal everyone’s attention. You chose wisely, I assure.” Baekhyun agreed too.

“Our maknae got himself a memorable first task, good luck.” Siwan teased as he patted Mingyu’s back and left to focus on his video gaming.

“Mingyu had lost it.” Taehyung then said as he checked on Mingyu’s expression.

“It’s okay Mingyu. Terry is a nice guy. Seriously.” Baekhyun assured.

“Yes. I’m not a bad guy.” Terry smiled, playing along.

 

----------------------------

 

Ding Dong!

Jiyeon was brushing her teeth in the bathroom when the doorbell rang. While grumbling about which crazy person was coming in the early morning without even notifying her first, Jiyeon ran to the front door. She thoughtless opened the door revealing a chic guy standing in front of him looking at her with a y gaze. His expression changed in a split second though seeing Jiyeon appeared with bed hair and on top of that with toothbrush hanging in . Upon seeing the person, Jiyeon closed the door without any hesitation.

“Indeed, crazy.” She murmured as she made her way back to the bathroom.

The doorbell kept ringing as she’s still in there washing her face. Annoyed, Jiyeon quickly wiped her face and headed back to the front door. She opened the door and the guy was smiling while wriggling his brows. Jiyeon showed a disgusting face but the guy was still foolishly smiled.

“What the hell Sehun? Are you here to flirt with me? In this early morning? Seriously?” Jiyeon asked in disbelief while Sehun confidently nodded.

“We first met in this early morning too, remember? You were chasing for me across the street. Now that you got what you want, you thought you could easily throw me away huh?”

“You make me sound like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter