003

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-003-

 

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon ran towards a crowd that was watching something in the middle of the park. Knowing that she wouldn’t be able to see what’s going on in the middle, Jiyeon went to a bench right next to the crowd, took off her shoes, and climbed up the bench so she could take a look. She grinned happily as she saw what she’s been expecting in the middle of the crowd, Myungsoo performing. She clapped her hands while completely immersed in Myungsoo’s performance. She was somehow proud that the guy that was very timid and shy to even pluck his guitar publicly when they first met, now could easily gather audiences with his own voice and music. Jiyeon applauded together with the audiences once he finished performing and they crowd dispersed, giving Jiyeon a clear sight of Myungsoo setting off his PA system.

She was just about to jump off the bench when a glimpse of agile guy swiftly ran passed the bench. Jiyeon’s sneakers had disappeared, and her eyes furiously followed the back of the guy, “Yah Oh Sehun you idiot!”

Her yelling voice successfully caught the people’s attention but Sehun was just seen standing next to a tree, sticking out his tongue to tease Jiyeon while waving up a pair of sneakers in his hand. Myungsoo was also among of those people who were shocked to hear Jiyeon’s yell, but a smile quickly appeared on his lips as he saw Jiyeon standing on the bench with a sulky crying face, but she didn’t really cry though.

“Jiyeon.” He called as he approached Jiyeon.

“Myungsoo! Help me please. Get my shoes back from that crazy idiot please.” Jiyeon pouted, begging.

Myungsoo looked at the direction Jiyeon was pointing, where he saw Sehun teasingly waved the sneakers he’s holding. Myungsoo smiled while shaking his head before heading towards Sehun who began running. As Sehun increased his speed, Myungsoo also ran faster and after Sehun finally getting tired, he managed to catch on and get Jiyeon’s sneakers back. He then awkwardly went back to the bench Jiyeon where Jiyeon was because people were staring, probably judging them for being childish but that’s how Sehun was, a troublemaker. He had already learned to keep a distance with Sehun since the first time they met, especially after Sehun kept disturbing him at the tea shop.

“Here, wear it quickly before he came back.” Myungsoo said as he placed the sneakers on the ground.

“Thanks Myungsoo. You’re the best!” Jiyeon happily exclaimed before she put on the sneakers.

“Why are you here anyway? That guy too.” He asked, eyeing Sehun who was busy flirting with a group of girl near them.

“Baekhyun wants us at the agency. He probably needs the contracts and I don’t know what else. Let’s go, he’s waiting for us in the car.”

Jiyeon then linked her arm with Myungsoo’s before heading towards Sehun near the group of girls. Myungsoo couldn’t hold back himself from scoffing when Jiyeon dragged Sehun by hair, probably to repay what he did to her just now. Sehun furiously, embarrassedly, and painfully yelled at Jiyeon after she let go of his hair. As they reached the car, Jiyeon went into the passenger seat while the other two were at the backseat.

“Why were you guys running around the park just now? You guys looked like an immature gag duo.” Baekhyun said, directing the question at the two boys at the back.

“Your crazy cousin stole my shoes and Myungsoo helped getting them back. He’s not a normal guy, he should be locked up somewhere.” Jiyeon complained.

“Great suggestion. I’ll consider it.” Baekhyun agreed while Sehun only jutted out his lips while crossing his arms.

“So where’s our next stop?” Baekhyun asked Jiyeon.

“To Mingyu’s university!” Jiyeon excitedly shouted, seemingly couldn’t wait to see the cool youngest member.

 

---

 

            Baekhyun parked the car outside the gate once they reached the college Mingyu was studying in. Jiyeon got off the car to find Mingyu but she sighed upon seeing Sehun attempting to join her. Before Sehun could get off, she closed back the door and ran into the college. She could even imagine Sehun’s pissed off face right now. While walking further inside, Jiyeon’s eyes wandered around, searching Mingyu and at the same time having fun observing the college students that were scattered around the place. Jiyeon took out her phone and quickly dialed Mingyu, as she had already confirmed with Mingyu earlier that he didn’t have class anymore now.

“Hello, noona, are you here already?” Mingyu answered the call.

“Yes. I’m near the library. Where are you?”

“Oh! I’m not far from the library. I’m at a pavilion next to the building. Wait there, I’ll find you.”

Jiyeon began looking around and she saw a pavilion right next to the library, like Mingyu said, “It’s okay. Just stay there. I saw you already.”

Jiyeon ended the call before she quickly made her way towards the pavilion where she saw two guys were standing there. As she got closer, she saw Mingyu smiling while waving his hand happily. His smile is just so adorable! Jiyeon secretly fangirled as she approached him. Mingyu was still smiling, and same goes to Jiyeon. She then caught another guy standing next to Mingyu, as good-looking as Mingyu, but radiates cute and bright charms, unlike Mingyu who seemed rather cool.

“Joshua, why are you staring at Jiyeon noona like that? You’re scaring her.” Mingyu nudged his friend as he kept staring at Jiyeon with his mouth half-opened.

Jiyeon chuckled seeing the friend sheepishly smiled as he realized what he’s doing, “Hi Joshua. I’m Jiyeon. Nice meeting you.” She said offering a handshake.

Joshua accepted the handshake and began complimenting Jiyeon, “You’re so beautiful. I can’t believe you’re older than us. Yah Mingyu, how did you even meet such an amazing girl? Is this noona your girlfriend? You’re crushing hundreds of girls’ hearts you know.”

“Yah why are you talking nonsense? Jiyeon noona is not my girlfriend, and how can I crush hundreds of girls’ hearts? I barely know any girls anyway.” Mingyu knocked Joshua’s head.

“You guys are so cute! I wish I have younger brothers as cheerful as you guys. But I don’t even have one Hahaha.” Jiyeon smiled lovingly staring at the younger boys.

“I can be your younger brother. Take me take me!” Joshua cutely jumped closer before Mingyu blocked him.

“Stay away from him noona. He might spread his craziness to you. Let’s go.” Mingyu then shoved Jiyeon’s back and left the pavilion and Joshua alone.

“Yah Kim Mingyu!” Joshua shouted, furious.

“See you sometimes later Joshua!” Jiyeon managed to wave goodbye at him before shooting a smile.

On their way exiting the place, Mingyu walked in front with Jiyeon cutely tailed behind while holding onto his backpack. Mingyu began laughing as Jiyeon told him what Sehun had done to her when they were picking Myungsoo up. They rather looked like a cute couple with Jiyeon still cutely holding onto Mingyu’s backpack while he led the way. She suddenly noticed stares from the students near them, mostly from girls.

“So Joshua was right. You must be really famous among girls right? They are staring at me as if they would eat me alive.” Jiyeon suddenly told.

“Don’t mind them noona. I don’t even know any of them.” Mingyu answered.

“Ohhh what a cold guy. You don’t have anyone you like?” Jiyeon asked as she jumped next to Mingyu and suspiciously glared at him.

“I might fall for you if you kept staring at me like that. You’re my type of girl, noona.” Mingyu grinned before he poke Jiyeon’s nose as her face was so close to him when she’s staring suspiciously.

“I don’t mind having a handsome younger guy like you liking me. But I myself is still chasing after Baekhyun. Maybe I’ll stop chasing after him if you make me fall for you.” Jiyeon wriggled her brows while smiling.

“He stands no chance if I was to be compared with him. I’m younger, cooler, friendlier, more handsome, more reliable, more—”

“Hmm maybe Baekhyun should record this and let Baekhyun listen to it.” Jiyeon threatened while taking out her phone before Mingyu urgently snatched it from her grip, “You’re scared of him didn’t you Mingyu?” Jiyeon teased.

“Yes.” He nodded, defeated.

“You’ll be fine, as long as you’re by my side hohoho.”

“I don’t know if I can count on you…” Mingyu eyed Jiyeon suspiciously until he received a light punch on his shoulder.

 

-------------------------------

 

            Sehun, Myungsoo, and Mingyu were seen scattering around the basement area, doing their own stuff. While Myungsoo was busy writing something on the music sheet, Mingyu was reading a thick Public International Law book, and Sehun was curiously checking on some vintage stuff arranged in a cupboard. Suddenly, the door to the office section spread open revealing Baekhyun dragging Jiyeon by her hand and stopped right outside the door. A hint of annoyance was shown on his cute face while Jiyeon’s expression didn’t look good either. All three pairs of eyes were on them, completely in frozen state upon seeing the tense situation in front of them. Right then, Siwan arrived with a bright state and even half-way greeting Jiyeon and Baekhyun before he stopped in the middle, sensing something fishy occurring there. Without saying anything, Baekhyun went back into the room and left Jiyeon furiously glaring outside.

“Jiyeon, are you alright?” Siwan asked as he carefully attempted to approach Jiyeon.

“Yah Byun Baekhyun!” Jiyeon stormed back into the room as if she didn’t even hear Siwan at all.

Stunned after being ignored, Siwan approached Sehun near the couch after putting all his things on a chair, “What’s happening?”

“I’m not really sure. Something about Jiyeon accidentally found a photo of Baekhyun with another woman in his computer, in a hidden folder.” Sehun explained, looking rather indifferent towards the matter.

“Are they actually lovers?” He asked further.

“I don’t think so.” Myungsoo answered as he looked at Siwan, “But she does love him.”

“Why would Jiyeon waste her time chasing af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter