006

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

006

 

 

Author’s POV

            The agency had been operating for almost three months by now. They’re slowly getting known to the people and Baekhyun had already upgraded their system. A stylist was even hired by him so the client’s customization was fulfilled without any flaw. The stylist, known as Jennie (yes guys it’s Black Pink’s Jennie) was an expert in hairstyling and fashion in general so she’s a perfect fit for the job. It’s almost two weeks since she started working there and Jiyeon was the happiest one because she finally got a same gender friend instead of having to deal and mingle around the guys with different personalities.

All of them had also had their first time being rent and basically had done it a few times except for Baekhyun. He usually told Jiyeon to not include him in the option and being an ordinary worker, Jiyeon had to obey the boss. Myungsoo’s first date was with a college student who lied to her friends about having a musically talented boyfriend and had Myungsoo performed for her friends to impress them. Sehun’s first date was probably the most challenging one considering it was his first time because he had to act as a new boyfriend to a girl that wanna breakup with her real boyfriend. Sehun was lucky that he came back unharmed simply because the real boyfriend admitted that Sehun was way better looking than him.

“Jiyeon, someone called me for an appointment. But she doesn’t want the consultation to take place in here. She wants it to be in this restaurant during lunch.” Baekhyun said as he handed Jiyeon a business card of a prestigious restaurant.

“Wow! She must be a daughter of a rich family.” Jiyeon exclaimed as she took the card.

“BINGO! She’s not even the one calling to set an appointment. It’s her personal assistant.” Baekhyun confirmed Jiyeon’s assumption.

“This is somehow making me feel quite nervous. How much time I have before the appointment?”

“Two hours. You should prepare now and I’ll drop you later.”

“Sure.”

 

---

 

            Jiyeon walked into the restaurant rather timidly, seeing the people around dressed fancily and looked so classy while she was casually dressed carrying the dark blue folder looking like a saleswoman. Once she told the waiter under whose name was the table booked, she was lead to a table at the end of room, quite isolated from others. She sat there and drank the water while staring around before someone finally approached the table and took a seat facing her. The girl in front of her looked younger than her but at the same time seemed so sophisticated. She also has a classic beauty. She’s wearing a light smile on her face before she greeted Jiyeon.

“I’m sorry for taking your time having to come all the way here.” The girl apologized first.

“Ah I don’t really mind. You’re our client.” Jiyeon answered.

“I just can’t be seen going into your agency if I don’t wanna get into trouble. I hope you understand.”

“Sure. My name is Jiyeon. Shall we begin now?”

“Call me Hyejung. Let’s begin now.”

“First of all, may I know your reason?” Jiyeon began.

“I came from a well-off family, you see. But my parents are rather conservative. I’m still in college, but they already talked about finding me a possible husband. I mean that’s totally ridiculous. They did the same to my older brother but he got away saying he already got a girlfriend so I figured I should be doing the same. I need to really convince my parents so I need someone I can bring to a dinner with them so they’ll believe in me.”

“So what kind of person that someone should be?”

“First of all, he must handsome. I believe the first impression is important so his face has to do the job. The person doesn’t have to be an outgoing one. I believe my parents prefer a calm person, a bit mysterious is okay I think. Do you have someone like that?”

“Well I have to persons in my mind right now. Wait.” Jiyeon took out two pictures from the file and put them on the table so Hyejung could take a look, “We call this person Hades, and the one Apollo.”

“This guy…” Hyejung held Taehyung’s picture as she’s examining it, “is not a choice. I’ll take Apollo.” She said as she chose Myungsoo.

“Great choice! He’s indeed a calm person. Now you just need to sign the contract and tell me the details on how the meeting should be going on.”

“I’ll tell my PA to send the details. I have to leave now. I’m sorry.” Hyejung stood up and left as soon as she signed the agreement.

Feeling awkward sitting there all alone, Jiyeon quickly got her stuff and left the restaurant right away. She hastily made her way to the parking lot and looked for Baekhyun’s car. However someone suddenly grabbed her arm, making Jiyeon almost screamed for help thinking someone bad was after her. But before she could do so, the guy had already covered with his palm.

“I’m not here to hear your scream.”

Jiyeon used all her strength to push him away, “Yah Kim Taehyung! Are you crazy?!”

“I’m less crazy than you actually are. Let’s go. I have to make sure you’re back to the agency safe and sound.” Taehyung grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and dragged her with him.

Jiyeon forcefully snatched away her arm from Taehyung’s grip, “Don’t worry, I won’t run away. But why are you here instead of Baekhyun?”

“He had to go somewhere so he sent me. Let’s just go now. We’re already wasting too much time hearing your never-ending complaints.”

Out of the blue, a luxurious car stopped right next to them and the window at the back seat slid down, revealing Hyejung smiling, “Jiyeon-ssi, I forgot to say thank you just now. So, thank you for lending your time for me.”

“Oh! No problem.”

“See you later.”

Before the window went up, Jiyeon noticed Hyejung eyed Taehyung with an inexplicable smirk on her face. As for Taehyung, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was mad of something while his eyes followed the car until it disappeared from their sight. He only shifted his focus back to Jiyeon once she nudged him.

“Why are you staring like that? Are you mad at something?” Jiyeon curiously asked.

“That girl just now, who’s that?” He bluntly asked without answering Jiyeon’s question.

“Our client. She seems like a spoiled brat. I’m surprised she actually needs this service to convince her parents. She could’ve asked one of her friends. I bet she has a lot of rich and handsome guy friends.” She answered more than Taehyung actually asked.

“Or maybe because she doesn’t have friends at all, that’s why.” He said crossing his arms.

“It’s not nice talking about someone like that. You’re probably the one without friends.” Jiyeon fired back.

“Whatever. Let’s go now. I’m tired of hearing you blabbering.”

“I’m not blabbering!”

 

------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon, Jennie, and Myungsoo were standing in front of the entrance to their agency that evening, ignoring the eyes that were staring as people passed by them. Jennie had dressed Myungsoo in a very classy suit and he looked perfectly handsome. Jiyeon at the side was only applauding excitedly because Myungsoo was looking so fine while Jennie was fixing his hair. After a few minutes, the same luxurious car Jiyeon saw a few days ago finally appeared to pick up Myungsoo.

“Jiyeon-ah, I think I’m going crazy. How do I face a bunch of rich people? I have never met one of that species before this.” Myungsoo desperately asking for help as Hyejung’s PA came out from the car.

Jiyeon only chuckled upon hearing Myungsoo’s calling rich people as a ‘species’, “You’ll be alright. You look so much like an heir to a big company right now. Don’t worry too much, the client will help you.” She tried calming him down.

“Come one Myungsoo oppa, smile a bit.” Jennie told and Myungsoo then flashed his charming smile.

“Much better. Now go.” Jiyeon said after she fixed his coat a little. The girls only waved their hands at Myungsoo as he got into the car and left to the meeting place.

 

D’Rêveur.

Myungsoo read the big golden font arranged in front of a fountain as he entered the hotel lobby together with the PA who picked him up just now. It was really awkward because the PA didn’t talk a word. Myungsoo looked around nervously before he finally saw a gorgeous looking girl with a short dress was approaching with a smug smile curled on her face. She looked at Myungsoo up and down before she finally talked.

“Apollo-ssi, I might sound stupid in front of my parents if I call you that. What should I call you then?” She asked.

“Myung—Myunghun.” He urgently came up with a name as he remembered the policy of never revealing their real names to client.

“So Myunghun, I will be the one doing the talking later. All you need to do is staying calm, and don’t do anything that might seem suspicious. Are you ready?”

“Yes, I’m ready.” Myungsoo tried to sound confident although he’s pretty sure his heartbeat could be heard very clearly right now.

Hyejung simply linked her arm with Myungsoo before they made their way to the hotel’s five-star restaurant. Myungsoo anxiously gulped as he noticed they were heading towards two sophisticated-looking people at a table. Once they reached the table, Myungsoo saw the beautiful lady he assumed to be Hyejung’s mother was shooting a motherly smile while her husband briefly need, seemed to be less friendly than his wife.

“Good evening mommy, daddy, this is my boyfriend Myunghun.” Hyejung introduced him to her parents.

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Im.” Myungsoo greeted with a smile.

“Good evening, please take a seat.” Her mother told.

Myungsoo rushed to Hyejung’s seat and helped pulling the chair for her, “Awh thank you baby. You’re always so caring of me.” Hyejung thanked in an overly emotional tone.

“Because you deserve it.” Myungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter