004

Boyfriends For Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-004-

 

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon and Myungsoo were sitting at the mini bar next to each other while browsing something on Jiyeon’s phone. They shared an earphone and sometimes they would nod their heads as if they were moving according to music. Sometimes their laughter filled the place as they were watching something funny. But most of the time, Myungsoo spent his time staring at Jiyeon as she seemed to be immersed in watching the YouTube videos. Silently, he adored Jiyeon and her bright smile which he wished would never disappear.

“I like your smile.” He unknowingly uttered.

“Huh?” Jiyeon curiously looked at him, and Myungsoo finally realized he accidentally voiced out his thought out loud, “What did you say?”Jiyeon asked again.

“Nothing. I was just talking to myself.” He urgently denied.

Jiyeon just slightly nodded before she focused on the phone again. It was just the two of them in the agency as everyone else seemed to be running late. Just a few minutes later, a sound of someone running down the stairs could be heard, and Sehun appeared with his usual mischievous smile followed by Baekhyun behind him. Both Myungsoo and Jiyeon instinctively looked at the entrance and for a second, Jiyeon’s eyes met Baekhyun before she quickly looked away.

“Jiyeon.” Baekhyun suddenly called.

Jiyeon uninterestedly looked at him, “Hm?” She simply answered.

“We need to talk. Come in.” He told and signaled her that he’d be waiting in the office.

Jiyeon sighed once as she pulled off the earphone and ready to leave. However Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and stopped her, “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” He said.

“I really don’t want to. Believe me. But even if I avoided him today, I will still meet him tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, and anytime in the future. I think I should put a stop to this now, since I started it. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry.” Jiyeon gave an assuring smile to Myungsoo while she gently pulled away from his grip.

Myungsoo only answered with a nod and his eyes then followed Jiyeon as she entered the office room where Baekhyun was waiting. Jiyeon took a seat facing Baekhyun at the conference table, and she didn’t show her usual bright smile whenever she was with him before. Somehow, Baekhyun felt empty as he watched the cold Jiyeon in front of him. As for Jiyeon, her heart pained every time she looked at Baekhyun because she was reminded of the picture of him being hugged by a pretty girl from behind, and it felt like someone rubbed salt into the wound seeing the rare ecstatic smile he had on his face in the picture.

“That girl, for you information is not—”

“Not your girlfriend?” Jiyeon cut him off, as she usually and always did, “That picture pretty much made me realize that I had been uselessly chasing after you all this time. And that picture too made me realize that it’s time for me to stop. Don’t you think so?”

“When will you stop the habit of interrupting me whenever I was talking?”

“I probably won’t. But I’ll certainly stop loving you.” She stressed, making Baekhyun smiled faintly.

“You should’ve done that since a long time ago you know. But you’d done a lot for me, so I don’t have courage to tell you so.”

“Can we stop talking about this? I said I’m going to move on right? So this ends here.” Jiyeon demanded.

“Okay. Now, we have a new client. She called me last night and made an appointment today, in a few more minutes,” Baekhyun said as he checked his watch, “Will you handle h—”

“I will. Can you please leave now? I need to prepare for the appointment.” Like she usually did, Jiyeon cut him off and shooed him away.

Without saying anything, Baekhyun left the room and joined the others outside. By the time they were talking, Siwan and Mingyu had already arrived. In the office room, Jiyeon remained on her seat while emptily staring at the table. After a few minutes, she stood up and went to a drawer to take out the dark blue folder, preparing to meet another client. While searching for the folder, Jiyeon suddenly lost her focus as if something was bothering her from the inside. She regained her conscious back when someone knocked and opened the door.

“Excuse me. I was told to enter this room. Can I come in?” A girl asked.

Jiyeon took the folder and turned around with a smile, inviting the client to take a seat, “I’m your consultant. First of all, please fill this form and then read the terms and conditions. If you’re willing to abide, then we’ll proceed.”

The girl nodded as an answer before she began filling the form. As she was writing and reading the agreement, Jiyeon silently observed the girl. She seemed to be the confident type, and she wasn’t as nervous as their first client. Jiyeon saw she signed the agreement and handed it back to her with an assertive smile. Jiyeon took the form and read all the information the girl provided.

“So Sunhee-ssi, you wish to bring this boyfriend to the small department gathering which is tonight? That seems to be a bit rushed.” Jiyeon commented.

“It is. I’m an intern and I had always been bothered by the amount of attention these guys gave, I mean my colleagues. Some of them were married, and yet they’re always being all flirty and as time goes it’s getting uncomfortable. They said as long as I’m not taken then there’s nothing wrong and they told to prove it whenever I said I have a boyfriend. So I thought this small gathering will be a great chance to put a stop once and for all.” She explained.

“Pardon me for asking, but did you really don’t have any boyfriend? You’re so pretty, and it doesn’t make sense.”

“I don’t have time for that. For now I need to focus on my work and I don’t wanna waste my time on guys.” She simply answered.

“Alright. So what kind of guy do you think suit your preference the best?” Jiyeon began to sort out the suitable boyfriend for the client.

“He has to be a good-looking one with a classy young chaebol aura. I think that kind of guy will be the best to shut these disgusting men once and for all. They wouldn’t dare to go against a young and handsome rich guy isn’t it? Oh! That guy has to have an intimidating feel too.”

“Oh!” Jiyeon exclaimed as a guy came into mind as soon as she heard the description by the client, “I know just the right guy. Wait.” She took out her phone and quickly dialed someone.

“Hello.” The person answered within a few seconds.

“Where are you? Have you arrived at the agency?” Jiyeon asked.

“I’m here already. On my way down the stairs.”

“Great! Come straight to the office. I’m waiting for you.”

“I got it.” With that, the person on the line hung up the call.

Shortly, someone pushed the door from outside without knocking. A guy with a smugly expression appeared while looking at them with indifferent gaze. Upon seeing him, the client curled a satisfied smile which Jiyeon noticed. Ignoring the guy, Jiyeon took out a sheet of paper from the folder and handed it to the client.

“We call him Hades. He perfectly suits your preferences and he especially gives of intimidating aura as you wished. So what’s your decision?” Jiyeon asked.

“I’ll go with Hades-ssi.” She agreed and abruptly stood up before reaching out her arm to shake hands with Taehyung, “Call me Sunhee. Please help me tonight.”

“Sure.” Taehyung briefly answered as he accepted her hand.

 

---

 

            Jiyeon approached an entrance to the five-star hotel where she first saw Taehyung while hesitantly took every step forward as it’s her first time coming into such a grand hotel. D’Rêveur, she read the big golden font prettily arranged in front of a fountain placed in the middle of the lobby. She wowed in amazement and stood there for a few seconds before she came back to her sense and realized the real purpose she came to such place. She ran to the elevator with some other people and pressed the button to 23rd floor. A hotel staff that happened to ride the elevator with her then softly poked Jiyeon’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry. Are you staying here too?” She politely asked Jiyeon.

“Ah no. I’m meeting a friend.” Jiyeon sheepishly smiled as she answered.

“Your friend must be our VIP guest then.” The staff told.

Jiyeon only smiled as a reply. She then looked at the lines of button and she noticed the word VIP was stated right next to the button she pressed just now. So Taehyung really was staying at the VIP room. Some thoughts then came into Jiyeon’s mind. Could it be… the room was one of his customer’s? No way. He’s not really a e right? Seriously?

TING!

Once the elevator arrived at the level, Jiyeon quickly searched for the room as Taehyung messaged her previously. She then found the room at the end of the hallway, with a golden room number on the door. She rang the bell two times before anxiously waiting for Taehyung. When the door finally opened from inside, Jiyeon was about to surprise Taehyung when the one coming out from the room was a hotel staff dressed in black and white. The girl urgently fixed her shirt before she slightly bowed at Jiyeon and left.

“What was that? Wrong room?” Jiyeon asked herself while taking out her phone to check on Taehyung’s message once again.

“This is the right room.” Jiyeon lifted up her head upon hearing the familiar voice. Taehyung was standing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter