White cotton (2)

Married to the guitar

 

They arrives at the airport smoothly. No traffic jam. Not much red traffic lights to pause them.

But Jeonghan almost freezes into ice due to the cold air blowing on his face throughout the ride.

"Jeonghan, although we reach here as fast as we can, Guitar may have gone past the departure migration. Let's hope he hasn't." Seokjin helps Jeonghan to get rid of the helmet and tidies Jeonghan's messy hairs.

"Now go, Jeonghan. Run and catch your happiness." Seokjin shoves Jeonghan towards the automatic door.

Jeonghan checks his phone's message which he received from Dino about the counter number of the flight while runs to his destination.

He reaches the counter 17 and looks around. There are just a few passengers lining up in front of the check-in counters with their luggages. Among the passengers, Jeonghan can't search the one he wishes to find.

He averts his gaze to the departure migration, deciding he won't want to get in trouble by getting past the cops without a boarding pass. 

The only option for him is, go to information desk and request an announcement.

"Hi, what can I help you?"

"I......" 

"Jeonghan?"

Jeonghan turns around and meets with the cat eyes. He notices Guitar is covering his bottom face with a white mask and a red scarf circling around his neck.

Jeonghan feels the word stuck in his throat.

"Jeonghan, why are you here?"

Feeling the courage slipping off his finger, he looks down and sees Guitar is holding the luggage handle in his left hand and the passport with boarding pass in the other.

"Jeonghan?"

"I...I em ere do-" His lips quivers.  

"Wait!" Guitar stops him while takes off his red scarf and circles it around Jeonghan's neck.

Jeonghan feels the warmth radiating from the scarf towards his numb face.

"Feeling better?" 

Jeonghan replies in a nod.

"Mind answer my question?"

"I....." Jeonghan looks up and chokes when the cat eyes are staring at him. As if the eyes away Jeonghan's ability to talk.

He quickly covers Guitar's eyes with his own hands.

"Jeonghan, what are you doing?" Guitar his head to his left.

Jeonghan's hands shift to right.

"Je-Jeonghan?" Guitar his head to his right and Jeonghan's hands follow his movement.

So Guitar bends down a little and shoves his head in between Jeonghan's arms.

Jeonghan swears the picture seems like he is circling his arms around Guitar's neck as if they are in some kind of intimate relationship.

He kinda likes the position but it brings heavy tint of pink on his cheeks since Guitar's face is too near much to his embarrassment ; Therefore, he grabs Guitar's shoulder and turns the latter 180 degree.

"Jeong-"

"Stay like this. Don't move." Jeonghan blurts out.

".....Okay. But if you are not going to talk anything in 1 minute, I will turn back." Guitar warns.

Jeonghan makes a few deep breaths.

"Emm.....First, Happy Birthday, Guitar." Jeonghan mentally slaps himself. His main purpose to reach airport as soon as possible is not to greet Guitar happy birthday.

"Emm....Thank you. How do you know today is my birthday?" Guitar asks.

"V told us. His birthday is today too."

"Wow.....I never thought i will meet someone who was born in the same day as me." Guitar exclaims.

"Yup...."

Awkward silence creeps between them.

"Jeonghan, i have something important to do first. I will get back on you once I am done." Guitar is going to leave.

Jeonghan quickly snaps the passport from Guitar and hides it behind his body.

Guitar turns to Jeonghan with wide eyes.

"Jeonghan, give it back." Guitar hands his palm out.

Jeonghan stares at the palm before he puts his hand on it. He really miss other's hand.

"J-jeonghan, give me back the passport. Not your hand." Guitar blinks in confusion but doesn't let go of Jeonghan's hand.

It's now or never, Jeonghan thinks.

"I will give you back if you let me talk without interrupting me." 

"Okay," Guitar puts down his arm, still holding Jeonghan's hand, "Go ahead."

"I....I like you," Jeonghan bites his lower lips and stares at Guitar's shoes, "I know this is not a right time for confession. Though, I am doing it because you are going back to LA later and I am not sure when we will meet again. After a week. Or a month. Or maybe....." Jeonghan gulps, "you won't come back Korea at the rest of your life."

"Jeonghan-"

"Okay. I might exaggerate it. But you may find someone you like in LA. You speak English very well. So it is understandable that you prefer someone who speak the language well too. Not someone like me who at English."

"Emm...Jeonghan, I am-"

"Look, I am not oblivious that you did have an interest on me. I noticed how intense you stared at me and how tight you hold my hand during the music party. I also know that after that day I slapped your hand, you started to ignore me. You talked to everyone except me, even told Soonyoung that you always go back to LA on your birthday. I am so sorry for the incident. I was too embarrassed to say anything at that moment. I am really sorry." Jeonghan rambles.

He stops and looks up at Guitar who is trying to register those words in his mind.

"C-can you s-stay? I-I want to celebrate your birthday together w-with you-u. Will you grant my wish? Although it is your birth-" Jeonghan squeezes Guitar's hand.

"Joshua!" A lady appears out of nowhere and talks to Guitar.

"Mom!" Joshua smiles at his mother.

"Who is he? He looks pretty." The lady sends Jeonghan a soft smile.

Trying to be a polite man in front of his crush's mother, Jeonghan quickly replaces the confusion on his face with a smile and a bow.

"He is Jeonghan. Mom, I wish to introduce him now but we are running out of time." Joshua releases his hand from Jeonghan's grip and takes back the passport.

"You are right. Let's go to the counter now." The lady pats Jeonghan's arm and heads to the counter.

"Jeonghan, wait me here." Joshua follows his mother.

Jeonghan eyes the two walking towards the counter. He realizes that Guitar is gonna check in, which means he doesn't intend to stay in Korea. He slumps down his shoulder and leaves. It is obvious that Guitar doesn't like him anymore so what's the point to wait for Guitar when he knows the answer.

His heart stings in pain.

He walks back to where he got down, see if Jin is waiting for him there. But no, there isn't any motorcycle there.

Jeonghan ruffles his hair in annoyance, debating whether he should grab a cab. He has a second thought to head home directly yet Jeonghan prioritizes promise so he begins to make a prep as he may get scolded by everyone about his failure of bringing back Guitar.

He yelps when someone grabs his wrist and turns him around.

"Jeonghan, I told you to wait for me." Guitar furrows his eyebrows.

"Why should I?" Jeonghan is not in a happy mood because he has to take care of his broken heart.

"B-because I told you. And I haven't answered your question." Guitar stutters because of Jeonghan's sudden mood change.

Jeonghan makes a stop sign with his hand," You don't have to. I understand it very clearly."

"Harh?" Guitar his head.

Jeonghan scoffs at Guitar's bluntness," You want me to spill it out for you? Fine! You went for check-in, signaling that you won't stay here and directly throws the fact on my face that you don't like me back. I didn't want to hear your rejection and see you at this moment and now i need to deal with my tears."

Getting flustered, Guitar pulls Jeonghan into his embrace," Don't cry, Jeonghan."

"How am I supposed not to cry? I regretted that I did that. I shouldn't slap your hand away. I should apologize after that. I was so stupid- Cough! Cough!" Something cold is stuck in Jeonghan's throat.

Guitar leans back," Are you okay, Jeonghan?"

"Something falls into my mouth." Jeonghan looks up and notices a white cotton is falling on Guitar's nose. He looks around and sees more white cottons are falling from the sky.

It is the first snow.

"God, why did you let the first snowfall happen now? Can't you see I am not with someone who like me?" Jeonghan sniffs.

Guitar frowns," Jeonghan?"

"What? I am telling the truth," Jeonghan rolls his eyes," The folks saying that if you are out on the first snow with someone you like, then true love will blossom between you and the one you like. And I am not with the destined one- W-what are you doing?"

Guitar suddenly leans his face nearer to Jeonghan's. The former stares into Jeonghan's eyes," What the folks tell us is true."

It's Jeonghan's turn to be confused but his brain hardly processes the word because Guitar latches his lips on Jeonghan's at the next second.

A lightbulb brights up in his brain. So as Jeonghan's face.

His heart starts to beat very fast, threatening to jump out from his chest. His breath hitches when Guitar tilts his head to deepen the kiss.

Jeonghan should feel happy in the situation, however between their lips are white mask and red scarf.

As soon as Guitar leans away, Jeonghan tucks down his red scarf and reaches to Guitar's white mask.

"Wow, calm down, Jeonghan. Are you going to put off my white mask?" Guitar grabs Jeonghan's hand.

"Yes. We should kiss without anything in between our lips." Jeonghan glares at Guitar.

"But I can't reveal my face until tomorrow." Guitar reminds Jeonghan about the game.

"Oh, you are right......" Jeonghan pouts.

Guitar chuckles," Can't you wait until tomorrow?"

"You won't be here tomorrow." Jeonghan mumbles.

"......Jeonghan, I promise I'll be back before you know, okay?" Guitar cups Jeonghan's cheek.

Jeonghan nods with a pout.

Guitar gently tapes his finger on Jeonghan's lips before he steps backwards," Guess I have to go now. I am gonna miss you."

"Me too."

Both of them gaze at each other, not willing to leave.

"Bye, Jeonghan." Guitar sends a bitter smile to Jeonghan.

"Bye, Guitar." Jeonghan reciprocates.

"I want to watch you getting on taxi." Guitar says.

"Okay." Jeonghan purses his lips.

"So...."

"So...."

"Goodbye." Both says in unison.

"See you next year." Jeonghan turns away and scoots closer to the road.

"I told you I'll be back before you know." Guitar shouts behind him, successfully curves Jeonghan's lips into a smile.

Jeonghan hauls a cab and gets into it," Hello, ahjusshi."

"Where are you going, young man?" 

Jeonghan realizes Guitar has disappeared. He sighs and tapes his phone.

"Go to this address, please."

He shows his home address to the taxi driver.

 

A/N: Happy birthday to Joshua and V~~ Next chapter is the last chapter.