Pearl Aqua Green

Married to the guitar

 

Jeonghan is checking himself through the full length mirror. He makes sure the white blouses perfectly tucked in the rose quartz trousers before he wears on the mask which is specially designed for him. The half face mask wraps his upper face and the bottom line of the mask stops near his nose tip. 

Jeonghan walks out of the changing room and wears on the matching color jacket. The male who is waiting outside of the changing room nods at Jeonghan and escorts him into the elevator.

Leaning against the wall of elevator, Jeonghan watches the other press 17th floor and close button. He bites his lower lip nervously, watching the red number flashing in every second until the number 17.

The elevator door opens and Jeonghan is told to turn left and walk until the end of the hallway. His shoes taps on the floor, creating beats which is not synchronized with his heartbeat.

Last month when Jeonghan was carrying out his daily morning routine, he found a pearl aqua green envelope addressed to him in his mailbox. On the back of the envelope, he noticed the letter was sealed with the candle wax stamp with the 'SHINee' word curled in the middle of the wax.

Jeonghan was aware of the name as recently the name is quite a hot issue on the internet. The name had been ranked number 1 in every search engine for past months. Even neither the politic news nor the new release of song by famous artists could beat the issue down.

Few months ago, a tall building was finished constructed in Seoul ,with 'SHINee World Hotel' signboard hanging on the entrance main door. The media then spred the new that five mystery rich men gathered together with the name of SHINee to build the one of one hotel in the world.

The SHINee's hotel features a total of 7,000 more rooms, making it to be the one of the largest hotel in the world besides the First World Hotel and the Venetian Hotel. It consists of five towers which is named Tofu, Bling Bling, Almighty, Charismatic Frame and Powerful. Each tower has its respective design and color. For example, Tower Bling Bling is colored in cream paints with golden dragon drawings on the outer wall while the inner design of the tower is Chinese style. The towers form a huge pentagon with swimming pools, sports & entertainment center, garden, fountain and a huge event hall in the middle of pentagon towers.

Well, there are also much more interesting things in the towers. 

Jeonghan learnt that when he visited the infamous hotel as the hotel is occasionally opened for the public at certain date and time.

An announcement was posted at the hotel website after its opening, asking the public to register online if they wish to visit the hotel. Luckily, Jeonghan managed to register his name and related information before the website got crashed due to overloading. He read some internet comments that the people who registered after the traffic overloading would be randomly selected to visit the hotel while all people who registered before the incident would receive confirmation email from the hotel.

After a week from the traffic spike, Jeonghan was taking a tour in the hotel, following the guide who is in charge of visitors. 

He couldn't keep his mouth close as he kept muttering 'wah's at the view. The guide even that flies might accidentally fly into his mouth if he still let his jaw drop, successfully snapped him out of the amusement.

Jeonghan not only able to visit all facilities, but also went into the towers. Of course, the visitors are not allowed to the hotel rooms levels, instead they were brought to levels which have small hall rooms.

Jeonghan couldn't resist the gravitational force pulling his jaw again.

The hall room was covered by thousands of celebrity face pictures. The wall. The ceiling. The tables. The chairs. Even the waiters were wearing different celebrity face mask on their faces. Except the cutlery, plates and glasses.

"Bet the guests may feel as if they were the celebrity face if there are pictures on those cutlery." The guide stifled his laughter.

The guide explained that they were organizing an event called celebrity impersonation party. The guests, who were invited to the party, would be requested to impersonate singers.

The guide told that SHINee, the rich men love to organize extraordinary theme parties. They invite guests by randomly sending invitation letters containing absurd question to people. For example, one man was being asked what kind of food he wish to be if he has a chance to reincarnate into food. As the person replied with the answer 'lobster', he then received a package containing a lobster mask . He wore it and went to the hall room, only to find that the event hall was decorated in different types of kitchen utensils. Other guests also wore masks like shrimp, mushroom, fish, onion and etc.

"As if they were going to be cooked." The guide commented.

Jeonghan would like to know more details but the guide pressed his index finger against his lips with a sly smile.

"You will know it when you are invited to the party." The guide left the words before he talked to another visitor in fluent Japanese.

Back to the letter, Jeonghan opened the letter and read:

Dear Mr. Yoon Jeonghan,

We would like to invite you to the party held by Shinee, the founders of Shinee World Hotel. You are advised to answer the following question if you wish to join the party.

If you can marry with anything except human, what do you wish to marry with?

_________________

Please kindly fill in your answer on the blank line and send the letter back to us.

Looking forward to your reply soon.

It spent a few days for Jeonghan to jot the answer down on the blank line and send the letter back.

He almost forgot the party invitation when he noticed the pearl aqua green letter on the coffee table after he came back from college.

"Oppa, can i?" Jeonghan's younger sister gave her brother a puppy eyes look, asking permission to read the letter for him.

"Sure." Jeonghan ruffled her hairs fondly.

Dear Mr. Yoon Jeonghan,

Thanks for accepting our invitation.

The event will be held at 7pm on 11 Nov 2016 (Friday). For dress code, suits with or without tie is advised. Dinner will be provided, as well as desserts and drinks.

Direction to Shinee World Hotel is attached at the back. Please show this letter to any of our employees and they will you to the hall room. Please be punctual as late comers won't be allowed to enter the hall.

Attached parcel contains the accessories that you ought to wear for the event.

Looking forward to see you soon.

"Oppa, enjoy the party. And tell me everything about the party after yoy come back." Jeonghan's sister pecked a kiss on her brother's cheek.

"Haha, i will." Jeonghan winded up the car window and drove to the destination. 

Jeonghan halted his car in front of the lobby and handed his key to the valet. He walked past the revolving door and towards the reception counter. He showed the pearl aqua green letter and then he was escorted to a room.

There were two men in black suits and black masks standing in the room with a changing room behind them and a rack of two colors of clothes beside them.

"Hi, Mr. Yoon, " Jeonghan handshaked them, "Please change your suits into this and after you finish changing, please follow him to the hall room." The male with black-hair handed Jeonghan a set of rose quartz suits and gestured his light brown haired partner.

And that's what happened before Jeonghan turns left and meets another man in black suits and masks who is sitting at the reception desk.

"Welcome to SHINee World Hotel, Mr. Yoon, " The mystery man with emerald green hair gestures Jeonghan to sit down and places a paper in front of the latter, "Before you go in, please read this paper and sign your name below."

Jeonghan nods and reads the paper.

Dear our guests,

Before the party, we would like to inform you a few statements. 

First, to protect your privacy, your real name will be kept confidential, instead you will use anonymous name throughout the party. After the party, you can choose whether to disclose your real name to any guest.

Please write your desired name here: _____________

Second, you are suggested to switch off your handphone throughout thr party. For the same reason as the first statement, your phone may expose your identity to others. Similarly, you are free to use it after the party, including adding other guests' contact number.  

Third, it is free for you to participate in the party. On one condition, we wish you can obey all instructions given by our employers.

Fourth, please be aware that anything about the event are prohibited to be disclosed to anyone (exclude family members), or you will be sued for violation of secrecy agreement.

If you disagree with any of the statements, you are free to withdraw from the party but aware that once you step into the room, you are not allowed to quit until the party ends, not even in the middle of the party. Any violation of the statements, we will definitely take action against it and serve the right to prohibit any service provided to you. Therefore, please take your time to consider before you sign your name.

________________

Jeonghan shrugs his shoulder. He has been curious about the party since last time. He can't just give up when the room to satisfy his curiosity is a few feets away from him.

'Hope they won't make me do exercise.' Jeonghan thinks.

"Thank you for your understanding, Mr. Yoon," The emerald green haired bows," Now please stand here and wear on this eye mask."

A few seconds later, two pairs of hands wrap around Jeonghan's two arms, making him jerk up in surprise.

"Hope you enjoy the wedding party," Jeonghan let himself being pulled while the emerald green haired whispers softly, "

 

Angel."