Rose Quartz and Serenity

Married to the guitar

 

"Mr. Angel, please sit here." The emerald green haired mumbles in Jeonghan's ear.

Jeonghan nods.

He leans forward at his seat. His hands are groping around the table before his pinky finger brushes something soft on his right. He hears someone gasps.

"Sorry." Jeonghan apologizes.

"....Angel?"

"....Guitar?"

Jeonghan turns his head to face Guitar whose voice is coming from his right. He can't see the other but he senses the other is looking at his direction too. 

His pinky finger slowly shifts away from the warmth radiating from Guitar's hand.

".....Angel hyung, is that you?"

Jeonghan turns his head to his front.

"Yes, i am. Are you.....Thomas?"

"Of course. I see you remember my voice very well."

"Well, you talked too much last week that we could not forget your voice easily." A voice from the far end of table.

"I could not forget yours too as yours is too loud." Another voice near Jeonghan mumbles.

"Achoo!"

"Bless you, Scissors."

"Yuck!"

"Eww, don't sneeze towards me!"

"Someone get him some tissue, please."

"Thank you!" A snort.

"Emm...that's my beanie."

"What the....."

"Not that word, please." Guitar warns.

"Ahhaha, i wish i could see it."

"Me-ha-too-ha."

"Ehem....Guys, we should make a roll call to check if everyone is here." 

Jeonghan recognizes the voice as Coups.

Everyone agrees with a "okay" or "sure".

"Me first, one." Coups shouts.

"Two." Jeonghan says.

"Three." Guitar answers.

"...Four.....Five....."

Jeonghan bobs his head left and right to the directions where the numbers are coming from.

"....Eleven.... Twelve...."

Jeonghan shifts his head to his front.

"Thirteen!"

Jeonghan jerks up and leans to his right before he stares at his left.

"D-dinosaur?" 

"Surprise, Angel hyung."

"When did you get here?"

"Hyung, i was the first one who reached here." Jeonghan can sense that the other is pouting.

"How did you know you was the first as it is too dark here?" Thomas questions.

"Ehem....Welcome to Black Hole restaurant ," It is the emerald green haired, "I am one of your sensory guides tonight, Rap Monster. May i serve you food now?"

The words end with growling sound from the thirteen stomachs. The emerald green haired takes that as their responses and their meals are on the table at the next moment. 

"Before you have your meal, I would like to inform you a few things. First, each two of you will be assigned to a sensory guide."

"Mr. Angel and Mr. Guitar, I am your assigned sensory guide, Jin." A voice speaks between Jeonghan and Guitar.

"They will assist you throughout your meal. If you have any problem, you may raise your hand and they will approach you in a second. Second, to ensure your hygiene, we will help you to wear on the aprons now....."

Jeonghan feels a soft breeze patting his right cheek. Later, a soft cloth is swung in front of him and knots are tied at his nape and lower back. 

"....Dessert will be served after an hour....."

Sound of something dropping on the floor interrupts.

"Sorry."

"Chim Chim, please prepare a new fork for Mr. Scissors.....Where did I stop? Whatever. You may start to eat now."

During his meal, Jeonghan would accidentally drop his food or rub his food on his nose at first, but with the help from Jin, he slowly becomes familiar with eating in the dark.

After Scissors' apologies of dropping things on the floor for the umpteenth time, the waiters excuse to leave for awhile.

A beautiful piano and guitar duets permeates the dark.

It is the same song that was playing in the hall room where Jeonghan was brought after he signed the agreement last Friday.

When Jeonghan was finally instructed to take off the eyemask, he found he was sitting at the right side of a black sofa with two taller males. 

And at the middle of the hall room, a male was placing his fingers on an electric piano keyboard while another male was holding a guitar. 

Jeonghan saw the guitarman stood up and handshook the pianoman as if he just performed a song in collaboration with the pianoman.

An extremely tall man, who claimed himself as the emcee of wedding party, appeared out of nowhere and welcomed them to the party, also appreciated the duet performance. He proceeded to separate the seventeen guests into two groups according to the color of their clothes and directed the men-in-black to guide the groups to respective round tables where they would have dinner later.

It turned out that Jeonghan was sitting between the guitarman and Thomas, who broke down the awkward silence and took lead of the conversation in the rose quartz group. And he got everyone's name in a blink of eyes.

That was how Jeonghan managed to know the guitarman's name without initiating chat with the latter.

They didn't talk much as they were requested to stand in a line facing the serenity gang after the dinner. 

The emcee suggested that the rose quartz and serenity had talent battle with each other.

It was quite surprise for Jeonghan as he found everyone had hidden music talent such as dance, rap, vocal and instrumental music. 

When it was Jeonghan's turn, everyone was already sitting in a circle as if they were teenagers who were enjoying talent shows in a summer camping trip. They were no longer enemies, but were strangers with same interests in music.

Jeonghan looked around.

The light of the hall room was switched off, instead a campfire lamp was situated in the middle of the circle, emitting orange light on the masks and happy faces. The original white wall of the hall room was covered by cloud curtains, providing an illusion as if they were enjoying the music on the white fluffy cloud. The ocean waves sound was playing softly at the background, sweeping the nervousness in Jeonghan's heart wave by wave.

A pink haired man-in-black handled a microphone to Jeonghan whom everyone's eyes were focusing on.

Jeonghan cleared his throat and parted his mouth.

"Just like a star across my sky

Just like an angel off my page..."

A guitar sound chimed in.

Jeonghan continued his singing with the corners of his lips curling upwards.

"....Just like a song in my heart

Just like oil on my hands

Honour to love you"

Jeonghan turned to look at Guitar who were going to sing the next part.

"Still I wonder why it is

I don't argue like this

With anyone but you...."

Guitar shifted his gaze from the string of guitar into Jeonghan's eyes.

Jeonghan widened his smile before he sang the next part with Guitar.

"You've got this look I can't describe...."

Jeonghan felt like he had known Guitar for a long time although his rational mind poured cold water on his thoughts by telling that Guitar was just a stranger.

He argued back that they could exchange numbers and become friends after the party.

And his rational mind reminded how timid he was when he tried to make friends in the past.

He couldn't make a counterattack as it is a truth. He always prefer others requesting to be friend with him than he being the one who takes the initiative.

His rational mind scoffed at his impossible wish, which making Jeonghan suddenly lost interest to sing.

"...Blowing out my mind"

He looked away and shut close his mouth, hoping Guitar would finish the song by himself.

"....angel....."

Jeonghan raised his head when he heard someone calling him, only realized that Guitar was whispering the last part of the song.

"You have appeared to my life

Feel like I'll never be the same"

As if the whisper erased away the heavy load in Jeonghan's heart, he sang the last two lines.

"Just like a song in my heart

Just like oil on my hands"

After they applauded, the tall man announced it was the end of the party.

Before they left, Coups who was the leader of the serenity group suggested that they should stay contact after the party. Most of them agreed immediately, only four of them refused and Jeonghan who was still hesitant with the idea.

"Join us, Angel." Jeonghan noticed a pair of shoes stepping into his sight when he was busy staring at his shoes.

"Why should I?" He looked up and bit his inner cheek when Guitar's mask was just in front of him.

"So that we have a chance to sing 'Like a star' together again?" Guitar looked away while covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Sure but we should sing another song." Jeonghan replied shyly.

And Jeonghan's heart skipped a beat when he received a wide smile from Guitar.

And a few days after the party, Dinosaur, who they later found out he was the youngest, told his twelve hyungs that he got a rose quartz letter from the hotel which containing a group discount voucher of the restaurant. Therefore, he invited all of them to have dinner in the restaurant. 

All of them accepted the maknae's suggestions but they faced a little difficulty when deciding the date. It was Busan, the pianoman, who was too busy that a few days after the maknae's invitations, he finally told them the date when he is free.

That was how Jeonghan ends up in the restaurant with twelve people on Tuesday night.

"Did you enjoy the meal?" Rap monster asks after they finish the dessert.

Jeonghan shows a thumb-up in the dark.

"Great. Before you leave, I, Rap Monster, as the representative of the hotel, would like to give Mr. Busan a gift."

"A gift?" Busan asks.

The question is answered with a familiar song.

"Happy Birthday to you~~"

Automatically everyone gets the message and sings along.

"Happy Birthday to you~~

To our beloved Busan~~

Happy Birthday to you~~"

Loud popping noises are emitted simultaneously around the table. Jeonghan feels some confetti falling on his hairs.

"What? Your birthday is today?" Coups shouts.

"Busan, you should tell us earlier." Hoshi chimes in.

"Cake! Chim Chim hyung, can we order a cake now?" Scissors asks.

"Stop eating, please." Infinity sighs.

"Hahaha, he told Scissors to stop eating." Moon laughs.

And suddenly a hand gently the confetti away.

"Thank you." Jeonghan shows his appreciation although he doesn't know who did that.

"You are welcome, Mr.Angel." Jin replies.

"We should do something for Busan hyung." Dinosaur exclaims.

"No. You don't have to." Busan protests but no one heard him.

"We should sing Winter Child." Beanie suggests.

"What happened?" Guitar leans closer to Jeonghan.

"Just now-"

"Good idea." Horse roars.

"- confetti-"

"Born in the winter" Vernon starts to sing.

"-Jin helped me to brush it away." 

"Sorry, Angel. What did you say?" Guitar raises his voice as Horse begins to sing along.

"...Clean as snow

You who belong to me...."

"I said..." Jeonghan repeats his words.

"Regardless whether it's spring, summer or autumn

Winter is always clear and clean"

Now Thomas joins the choir.

"Sorry I still can't hear you." Guitar apologizes.

Jeonghan sighs and leans closer to Guitar.

"I got confetti on my hairs so Jin helped me to brush it awaiiii" Someone pushes Jeonghan from behind and his lips press on something.

The something leans away and shutters,"W-why did yo-u do-o th-at?"

"Do what?" Jeonghan frowns and his lips.

"Y-you kissed my cheek. Oof!" Jeonghan feels something falling on him and pushing him to lean forward.

"Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you"

"Last line, everybody! Happy birthday to who?" Thomas cheers.

"Happy birthday to Busan (hyung)~~"

 

 

“Hyung~~ohhhhhhhh“

“Yeeeeeeyyyyyyy!”

“Please stop singing!” Busan lets out a groan when the song ends with adlib.