White cotton (1)

Married to the guitar

 

Jeonghan bumps his head on the steering wheel, accidentally presses the horn. Ignoring the weird stare he gets, he groans and ponders whether he should go home to lay on his comfortable bed and throw a tantrum.

It is not about his laziness. It is about his motivation to come for rehearsal.

He grunts when someone knocks on the window. He is going to send death glare to the unwelcomed person for disturbing his sorrow moment but his face expression softens when Dino comes into his eye. He rolls down the window and greets Dino.

"Hyung, have you just arrive?" Dino asks.

Jeonghan just cannot tell the truth that he has been locking himself in the car for 30 minutes.

"Let's go up together, hyung." Dino opens the door, clasps Jeonghan's arm and pulls him out of the car.

"Hyung, where is your luggage?" Jeonghan points at the back seat.

Dino takes out the bag and slings the bag straps over his shoulder.

"Dino, i can take it myself." Jeonghan pulls on the bag strap.

"Never mind, hyung. I am younger than you." Dino shrugs his shoulder.

"You are just four years old younger than me." Jeonghan harshly ruffles Dino's hairs.

Dino pouts and flinches away," Still I am a highschooler and hyung is an old college student."

"Aww, then why are you insisting me not to call you baby?" Jeonghan coos and side-hugs Dino.

"Hyung, i am a grown man." Dino presses open the elevator button.

"No, you are still a highschooler." Jeonghan squishes Dino in his embrace.

"Yes, but I am not a child." Both of them walks into the elevator, to be precise, the younger struggles to walk with Jeonghan clinging on him like a koala.

"Yes, you are." Jeonghan shoots Dino an innocent smile.

"Hyung, i can't breathe." Dino tries to pry away Jeonghan's hand.

"I am not going to let go unless you admit you are my baby." Jeonghan smirks. 

"Hyung, my dad will get jealous of you if i do that." Dino purses his lips.

"But your dad is not here." Jeonghan pouts.

"Ehem....." Both of them freeze as they hear someone coughing.

Jeonghan sees a beautiful man standing outside of the elevator.

"Are you gonna get down at this level?" The beautiful man makes way for Jeonghan and Dino.

"Yes." Dino drags Jeonghan out of the elevator.

After the elevator closes, Jeonghan splutters a "wow".

Dino sends his hyung a weird stare.

"Did you notice how beautiful that man is? He can disguise as a girl if he has long hair." Jeonghan dazes.

"Same as you, hyung." Dino shoves Jeonghan to the way to the event hall.

"Aww, thank you, my baby." Jeonghan nudges Dino's torso using his elbow.

"Since your dad will get jealous of me, can't you think me as your mom and admit that you are my baby?" Jeonghan adds.

"Sorry, hyung." Dino sends him an innocent smile and throws Jeonghan's bag back to its owner before he runs away.

"Yah, Dino!" Jeonghan eyes Dino running towards the other end of the event hall.

He lets out a soft chuckle and sits on a chair. He is glad that Dino was just down there or he would have skipped the rehearsal.

Maybe skip the performance too.

Jeonghan leans backwards and stares at the ceiling with a pursed lips before he turns to look at the empty space on his right.

He really miss the other's warmth.

He doesn't remember when that one day Guitar suddenly became extremely very busy, which the latter kept engaging in song rearrangement with Woozi and practice with the vocal team those days. Guitar didn't spare an eye to look at Jeonghan even when Jeonghan was sitting beside him during the practice. The worse is, from last week onwards, Guitar began to be late for the practice, or send a message to Dino, who is in charge of his hyungs' attendance, that he wouldn't able to join them that night.

Jeonghan have a thought that Guitar is avoiding him.

Those days after he reached home, Jeonghan would lay on his bed and lose in the thought of what he had done to deserve the cold treatment. And no matter how he ponder, he would come to the conclusion that he might slap the other's hand too hard that day.

But honestly, Guitar would have just ask for apology from Jeonghan if he really was annoyed, Jeonghan thought.

Jeonghan's mind was too occupied about Guitar until one day he created a new chatroom and invited his cute dongsaengs to let out his irritation.

HIs dongsaengs agreed to help Jeonghan at first but they couldn't do anything when the important date is nearer.

His Kwiyomi and Babo had to spend more time in vocal practice than Jeonghan since they bear the responsibility of main vocal.

His Baby was spending his available time with performance team after his school closed for winter vacation, which finally he could pay full concentration at the performances.

And his Fairy couldn't help much with his limited Korean vocabulary.

The other members who sensed the tense atmosphere suggested to call the practice off for two days, which are the eve of christmas and the Christmas day, so that everyone could rest while spend the holiday with their loved ones.

Jeonghan was eager to meet the one who kept running in his dream in those two days but Dino delivered the bad new that Guitar wouldn't join the practice until the rehearsal day.

This ends up that Jeonghan spent several days in a row to sulk at his dongsaeng and the culprit of his insomnia.

"I'm here now!" A shout brings Jeonghan back to the reality.

He turns to notice his Kwiyomi is breathing heavily near the entrance. And s are gathering around Jeonghan and the newcomer.

"Seungcheol hyung, sorry for being late." Seungkwan tells their leader.

"It's okay. I heard from the taxi driver that you got caught in a traffic jam." Seungcheol assures Seungkwan.

Jeonghan makes a mental note to interrogate Seungkwan because he notices the younger pulls out a silent victory fist after Seungcheol turns his back.

"Are everyone here?" Soonyoung asks in excitement.

"I did a head count and it's only twelve people." The tallest, Mingyu answers.

"Guitar is not here." Seokmin announces.

"Maknae, ask where Guitar is now." Woozi commands.

".....He said he is at airport." Dino gapes.

"Why is he there?" Wonwoo scoots near Dino to peek at his phone.

"I am going to call him now." Dino quickly taps his phone and places it beside his ear," Argh, his phone is unavailable now."

"What is he doing there? Shouldn't he be here for rehearsal?" Junhui tilts head.

"Calm down, everyone." Seungkwan says.

"Yup, maybe he has some stuff doing at the airport." Hansol adds.

"I will continue to call him." Dino tries to call again.

"Hey, is Guitar here yet?" Namjoon suddenly appears.

"No. He is coming." Jeonghan exchanges worried stare with s.

"Can you inform us if he arrives?" Jimin asks.

"Why?" Minghao asks back.

"Emm....actually today is V hyung and Guitar's birthday." Jungkook scratches his nape.

The statement earns "What?" from the 11 people.

"And we have prepared birthday cakes for two of them." Seokjin explains.

"Initially we are going to hide Guitar's birthday from you but V insisted that he want to spend birthday together with Guitar." Hoseok shrugs his shoulder. 

"Because we were born in the same day." Taehyung pops out.

"You shouldn't be here. Get out now" Yoongi crasps Taehyung's arm and drags him away with Jimin.

"Text us when he reaches. We are going to give him a surprise." Taehyung shouts before being dragged out of the event hall.

All of them stay silence until Soonyoung clicks his finger.

"Guys, I remember something," Everyone pays attention to Soonyoung, "One day, when we were taking a break, i had a small talk with Guitar. I am not quite remember what we had talked about but he told me that he always go back to his home country to spend his birthday with his mother."

"Is he going back to his home country today?" Hansol's statement alarms everyone.

"No way." Seungcheol slaps his forehead.

", what should I do?" Woozi squats down.

"Hyung, will you be able to rearrange the song by tomorrow?" Mingyu asks.

"I can but it won't be as good as original." Woozi mumbles in his hands.

"Guess that's the only way." Wonwoo sighs.

"Hyung, I have an idea." Dino who was busy tapping his phone just now suddenly talks.

"What is it, Dino?" Junhui frowns.

"Someone should go to airport and grab Guitar hyung back." Dino suggests while stares at Jeonghan.

Everyone follows his gaze to Jeonghan too.

Feeling uncomfortable, Jeonghan points himself," Me?"

"Yes, hyung." Dino nods.

"Actually it's a good idea." Woozi stands up.

"Harh?" 

"Hiphop team and performance team can't leave because they have to do rehearsal now. And you are the person who is closer to Guitar. Besides, i need Seungkwan and Seokmin now so no offense but you are the best candidate to do the job." Woozi reasons.

"Hyung, you should go now." Seokmin looks at Jeonghan.

"But I......" Jeonghan remembers that he and Guitar are not in the right term.

"Hyung, you should catch him before he flies." Seungkwan grabs Jeonghan's hand.

"He may leave before I reach there." Jeonghan bites his lips.

"Hyung, you still have time," Dino show his phone screen to Jeonghan, "I checked the flight schedule. There is a flight to Guitar's home country taking off from airport in less than two hours."

"I....." Jeonghan is looking everywhere until Minghao cups Jeonghan's cheek.

"Hyung, if you don't do it, you will regret later," Minghao locks eyes with Jeonghan, "You may.....no, you will lose him forever."

A lot of thoughts flash in Jeonghan's brain. The sincerity in Minghao's orbs successfully persuades Jeonghan to nod in agreement.

"Seokjin hyung, it's time to ride your motorcycle." Namjoon commands.

"Okay, Namjoon." Seokjin nods and leaves.

"Jungkook, tell Yoongi hyung to come here. Don't leave Taehyung with Jimin. I need you to use anything to stop Taehyung from coming here. I don't want to handle another mess." Jungkook flashes a thumb up before he runs.

"Hoseok, I want you to start rehearsal now. Brief them everything you know. I will be there after Yoongi hyung arrive." Hoseok instructs the performance team and hiphop team to go with him.

"Why motorcycle? Car is faster." Seungkwan asks.

"We shouldn't overlook the probability of traffic jam." Namjoon states the fact.

Jeonghan sees Seungkwan who gulps at Namjoon's words.

"I am here. Let's go!' Seokjin is back with a key.

"Jeonghan, good luck!" Namjoon shouts when Jeonghan is running after Seokjin.

"Hyung, you better come back with Guitar hyung." Jeonghan hears Dino's shout before he steps out of the building.

'Guitar, wait for me!' Jeonghan prays internally when he puts on the helmet.

 

A/N: it's too long so Part 2.....