Red with White words

Married to the guitar

 

Jeonghan bites his inner cheeks and leans against the locker behind him. The air-conditioner is blowing cold air right onto his face, trying its best to cool down the heat radiating from his body.

He slightly shifts his body further away from the source of his heat.

He bites his lower lip, resisting the urge to turn left while distracting himself by looking at the four dancers and listening to the rapping sound from the closed vocal room.

A weight drops on Jeonghan's left shoulder and the familiar tickling sensation is on his neck. At first he tenses but relaxes when he looks at their reflection through the mirror to find that the other has fallen into sleep. He notices the guitar is going to slide down from the other's lap so he quickly grabs the guitar and shifts it to lay down on the floor in front of them. It is quite tricky for Jeonghan because the other's head almost slips down from his shoulder. He gently moves the other's head closer to his neck and runs his finger playing with the hairs. His finger touches the elastic band, making him itch to remove the mask and reveal the other's face.

He glances at the other who keeps occupying his mind recently.

Since that day, he found himself acting weird.

Every time Jeonghan's phone buzzed receiving messages from the group chat room, the feel of excitement would begin to well up inside him. He would try to calm down his heart before he clicked open the chatroom app. There always be two scenarios Jeonghan would act after he read the messages. He would feel deflated if the message was not from the person; vice versa, he would reply the message and bounce around his room like a female teenager who finally mustered her courage to ask her crush for a date, until his mother screamed not to jump from downstairs.

"Omma, oppa is strange recently!" His sister once complained to his mother.

Before Jeonghan could say anything, his sister had started to tell his mother about his recent behaviour. How he would smile like an idiot while looking at his phone. And how sometimes he would pout and stare at the phone as if the phone had done something wrong to him. Of course, she didn't miss telling her mother about her theory behind those weird behaviour. She thought her brother has a crush on the person who plays guitar well.

That would lead Jeonghan to recall the soft touch of his lips on other's cheek and the sweet cologne he smelled from the other. He even remembered how nice it was when the other's hairs brushing against his neck. But Jeonghan's imagination was bombarded by his mother's questions about his crush. And his mother felt disappointed at him after he told his mother that he didn't know anything about Guitar. Except his eyes, Jeonghan mumbled.

Time flied until the music party.

The music party invitation letter was received by Busan as a birthday gift from Shinee World Hotel, stating that he could bring unlimited friends to the party. And knowing their passion in music, he invited all of them to join the music party which was held in the huge event hall of Shinee World Hotel. Besides, he suggested them to play a game.

A game which they called 'Guess who I am'.

Busan explained that all of them should wear on black masks, which they could borrow from Rap Monster, at the party. They could choose either to hide themselves from others or gather enough hints of others by walking around the party. At the end of the party, they would gather at the exit and start the game with the help of Rap Monster.

And everything in the Shinee World Hotel just could not let Jeonghan's mouth remained close.

The event hall looks larger inside than what Jeonghan saw during the hotel tour. When Jeonghan stepped into the hall, he was shocked to see many people standing in front of the stage. Jeonghan shook his head and found a seat at the back of the event hall where he could see the stage clearly. 

"Well, here you are."  Jeonghan recognized the pink haired as Jin. He was going to greet but Jin's next words made him frowned.

"Why didn't you two join the crowd?" Jin smiled at them and sat beside Jeonghan.

Jeonghan turned his head to his right side and snapped back when he met with the cat-like eyes. He shifted nearer to Jin as he wished to avoid what happened last time. Still his curiosity forced him to take a short glance to his right, wondering why he didn't aware of the other's presence.

He stared at the black mask which covered Guitar's face except those beautiful eyes. Luckily Guitar were focusing on the weird noises from somewhere in the hall, not noticing Jeonghan's curious gaze.

But Jin asked for leave immediately after an emcee announced the party would begin after 5 minutes. Which attracted Guitar's attention back to them and caught Jeonghan's stare.

Jeonghan jerked up and looked down his lap. His cheeks blushed when he heard the other giggled.

He cleared his throat, going to ask how Guitar could recognize him but only distracted by the emcee who requested claps and cheers from the audience.

He widened his eyes when he recognized Jin as one of the performers who were standby on the stage. He exclaimed "Wow!" and patted Guitar's thigh while pointed at the small pink dot. He would describe himself as like a child who was brought to his favourite show found that his favourite star was on the stage.

He was staring at the pink haired who was singing and dancing when his hand was being squeezed. He looked down and found that his hand was on Guitar's thigh and Guitar's hand was on his.

Jeonghan swallowed his saliva.

"Shouldn't you pay more attention to me?" 

Jeonghan blinked his eyes in confusion and looked up.

"I d-don't unders-stand E-english-h." Jeonghan stuttered in English.

"Good. As the one who is responsible for my first cheek 'bobo', you shouldn't look at other guy." Guitar chuckled before he shifted his gaze back to the stage, leaving Jeonghan figuring what Guitar had said.

Still, Jeonghan shutted his mouth because he managed to make out the only Korean word.

He averted his gaze back to the freestyle rap battle on the stage, trying hard to distract himself from the feel of warmth over his hand.

His hand was only released when they got out of the event hall after the end of party. 

Both of them met other members and began to guess each other. They were given post-it papers to write down the names and sticked the names on the members according to their prediction. Jeonghan could only confirm Busan, Thomas and Vernon as he recognized the first's short height and the last two from the rap battle which had on the stage before.

On the other hand, all of them correctly identified Jeonghan. Mainly because they remembered his long hairs since the first encounter. 

"Jeonghan and Guitar hyung, Woozi hyung are calling you two." Seungkwan screams from another vocal room, waking up Guitar from sleep and snapping Jeonghan back to the reality.

Jeonghan quickly retracts his hand, hoping the other doesn't realize his intention.

Jeonghan eyes Guitar who raises up. Suddenly Guitar grabs Jeonghan's hand and pulls him up. Jeonghan yelps and trips over his legs, almost falls into Guitar's embrace.

"Careful." Guitar helps Jeonghan to stand properly.

Jeonghan blushes and mumbles a small thank you.

"I should be the one to thank you for lending your shoulder to sleep." Guitar tucks Jeonghan's hairs behind his ear.

Too embarrassed, Jeonghan fakes cough and slaps Guitar's hand away. He moves to the vocal room to continue their practice for the next music party holding at the end of December. He halts his step in front of the vocal room and turns back as he is curious why the other is not following him, only see Guitar is talking with pouting Dino.

Jeonghan frowns at the expression, thinking what they are talking about to make Dino feel sad. 

However, he is not able to ask Guitar as Woozi sends death glare to everyone to shut up and practice for their performance.

After the practice, Jeonghan opens his mouth to ask Guitar, only gets rejected by Guitar's tired and irritated tone.

"Sorry, Jeonghan, i have something to do with Woozi now. Maybe next time." Guitar slams the door in front of Jeonghan's face.

Jeonghan thinks maybe he slapped Guitar's hand too hard.

"Where is Ji....emm, Woozi?" As soon as Jeonghan leaves the practice room, a black haired male asks.

"He is in the vocal room." Jeonghan replies.

"Are you leaving now?" The black haired points at the direction to the lift.

"Yes. Are you waiting for Woozi?" Jeonghan nods.

"Not really. I am actually looking for Ca....emm, Seungcheol. Had he left yet?"

"No, he is in the vocal room too." Jeonghan blurts.

"What?" The black haired widens his eyes.

Jeonghan jumps back at the scream.

"I am gonna-"

"Here you are. Did you know how long we are looking for you?" Jin suddenly pops up and grabs the black haired's left arm.

"Let's go." Rap Monster grabs the black haired's right arm and pulls the black haired away.

"No! Let go of me. I can't leave my Jihoonie with the Camel." The black haired struggles in their grasps.

Jeonghan blinks in confusion and eyes three of them disappears at the corner of the hallway. He shrugs and glances back to the practice room. He then shifts his gaze to the 'Dream Comes True' word on the lockers and lets out a long sigh.

Guess he need to apologize to Guitar tomorrow.

 

 

A/N: Okay, this story is going to be ended in two or three chapters.