f i n i s h e d

The Last Piece Of Art

A brush, a , a piece of art.

“May I come in?” Ryeowook entered your room, holding a plate of chocolate cake.

“Ah..yea,” You muttered, eyes focused on the canvas, hands carefully adding final touch ups to your piece.

I shall not disturb her yet, Ryeowook smiled as he silently went and sat on your bed, placing the cake on the bedside table. He watched you in utter amazement and admired your ability to concentrate. So beautiful.

“There! It’s finished!” You smiled with tears in your eyes as you proudly presented your final piece of art to him. A wave of satisfaction and delight washed through you when he beamed back.

The picture was set in the winter. The sky was of a dim yellow colour ; the sunset. There were dark blue trees in the distance, followed by a sudden burst of orange autumn. Then in front stood only three houses, side by side each other.

“So…how is this your life?” Ryeowook inquired.

“Well…” You began.

The setting is winter. Winter is a representation of the cold, just like how my life has been. I have never felt warmth all these while until I met you and Yunho.

The sky is dim yellow because it is to represent the warmth I felt with my grandmother before she left. After she left, there was no colour in my life, therefore the blue colour of the trees that stood in the distance.

The sudden burst of orange is to represent autumn. Autumn is to represent a better life, though my life improved only a little, I’m definitely much more happy than before.

As for the three houses, well…you can guess, it’s you, me and Yunho. Thanks for being there.

"Ahh," Ryeowook grinned and clapped enthusiastically. "Let's go out for a chill at the park, shall we? I see you've been mugging all day in your house and that's bad for your cells."

You couldn't help but laughed and agreed immediately. It's gonna be a long day.