f l u t t e r

The Last Piece Of Art

The bus was packed, but more and more people kept piling in : mums with strollers, dads with babies strapped to their chest, old people in cardigans, women and men in suits, boys in caps. The atmosphere was buzzing.

You got off the bus when it halted in front of Seoul Arts High - the most prestigious arts school in Korea, where artists would dream to be in.

"Here."

You broke into a wide smile and stepped confidently into the campus. Upon reaching the registration counter, you tripped and bumped into someone, the bag that held your canvases and art tools almost slipping off your shoulder.

"Uh oh," That person caught your arm, his grip tight and strong. "Th...thanks."

You struggled a little to get back to your feet and flushed red when you caught sight of a really handsome man with a hot jawline. Then you bowed repeatedly.

"Heh, it's not a biggie," He brushed it off lightly. "I'm Jung Yunho. Second year here. I'm guessing you're only in the first year right?"

His gaze. You nodded, blushing heavily again, perhaps it was the close proximity that was between you both. Never in your life have you ever felt like this before. Then you noticed he had a huge black case strapped on his back.

"You play music?"

"Guitar," He looked over his back and answered. "Come, I'll help you with the necessary procedures."

-----------------------------------

"He'll be your buddy for the day." You nodded meekly at the bespectacled caucasian teacher and watched her walk away.

"Hello, I'm Ryeowook. I'm first year too, but I've got pretty much experience so I'm pormoted to second year. But I volunteered myself for the Buddy Program to help those first years." He introduced with a warm smile, and unknowingly you smiled too.

That warm expression on his face was invaluable. No one could make your heart flutter at their words, or faces. But he was exceptional. Still, you wouldn't believe in love first sight.

Ryeowook showed you how to create different shades by sketching, and he was very patient with you the whole lesson. At times, you would steal a few look at him, his face features and hand movements as they graced the huge piece of canvas, leaving a trace of grey behind each move.

And there, was an apple. A simple apple, in shades of grey, but a masterpiece at that. You wowed at his sketching, it would take you long before you can do something like that.

"Okay, so we're done for the day," Ryeowook got out of his seat and packed his things. "Come, let's go have some snacks at the cafe."

"There's a cafe?"

"What do you think?" He grinned and dragged you out of the class.

------------

"So, you havent told me your name." He emphasized name.

Ooops. He's right.

"Haii, I'm Song Jae Eun, what about you?"

"Jung Ryeowook." He said and took a sip of coffee. "Eh? I told you before."

"Oh right. Yeah. Sorry. I just remembered," You managed a little embarassed.

"Call me oppa," He suddenly said. You opened your mouth a little wide making an 'o' shape and stared at him in disbelief. We're not even that close.

He waved a hand in front of you innocently. And he looked too cute when doing that so-

"Ryeowook oppa," You said and he smiled with satisfaction. "You should stop drinking coffee."

He was just about to take another sip of coffee when he placed the cup down again.

"Why?"

"Because coffee makes your height shrink." You grinned cheekily, not really sure how you became that thick skinned.

Then he had this blur look on his face and he paused in his tracks.

"Yah!" He raised his voice a little, an indignant expression crossed his face after getting you hint.

And you laughed it off. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(;

hows it? <3