f o r w a r d

The Last Piece Of Art

1 Month Later

 

There wasn’t any need to doubt that Yunho and Ryeowook indeed had absolute powers to control most of the girls at school. They were told to accept the fact that you were living with them no matter what. And no one dared to lay a finger on you ever since Yunho confirmed you…as his girlfriend.

“2 more months,” You muttered to yourself as you laid out the paints and paintbrushes on the wooden table of your new room.

You instinctively ran your fingers through your hair, and noticed a couple of loose strands. Your hair was dropping as time was passing, it was the sign of goodbye.

“What’s up?” Ryeowook entered the room, holding a tray filled with two cups of hot coffee, chocolate chip cookies and two apple Crêpes.

“The ceiling,” You gave a lame answer.

“You’re lame,” He chuckled in response, “Come and eat. I know you have a huge mission to paint, but you need to rest. Do you have any idea how you would like your painting to be? Abstract, landscape, or a portrait of you?”

Ryeowook walked over and placed the tray on the same table. You dragged a chair over to him and settled down on yours.

“I think…,” My life was a mess. A grey, blue mess. The only warmth I’ve truly felt was these three months. “I want a landscape painting. And I’ll try to include nature in it, since I like the serenity of nature.”

Handing you a cookie and the coffee, Ryeowook then leaned back and smiled. When she fell, she got up. She’s a strong girl. He suddenly thought about the past as his eyes focused on you.

Then you realised everything was silent except for your sipping of coffee and cruching of cookies.

Embarrassed, you spoke, forgetting your mouth was kind of full, “Oppa? Why aren’t you talking?”

Beautiful, innocent.

He leaned forward and pressed his palms together. “We can plan it first, the colours and all. Let’s take our time.” He picked up the knife and fork and began cutting the crepe as he spoke.

How am I supposed to tell her she had captured the whole of my heart?

Take our time? His words played back in your mind once again. I have no time. Absolutely NO time.

“I…I want to finish it as soon as possible, by this month,” You sounded as final as the closing of the coffin. Before I leave this place where memories are borne, you excluded that part.

------------

 

 “Jae Eun.”

“Eh?” You were walking down the stairs when someone called your name. Your face lit up brightly upon seeing Yunho’s cheerful face at the bottom of the stairs. He was dressed smartly in a black suit with faint white stripes.

“Let’s go for a date, we haven’t had one because I was so busy with my guitar exams, sorry,” Yunho leaned down and planted a small kiss on your ear. You heated up that instant, and your heart beat raced. Then he pulled you into a hug that lasted a little too long.

Yunho has been acting intimidate with you ever since he confessed a while ago, but you were still not sure yourself. You knew it was all a pretend date, a plan to protect you, and you did your best to play along, but for Yunho, he was taking it slow. He wanted it real.

Yunho was more initiative, less shy, and he would always bring you out, cheer you up.

Yet, Ryeowook was the shy and soft one, who would actually go into little details such as helping you tidy your table, bring you snacks very often, and always visit you he had time to spare.

It was a struggle between both. You can’t bear to hurt either, neither did you want to be selfish and have them both.

“Okay, where to?” You dismissed your thoughts, deciding to relax while you still can.

“To the park. Dongsam Nature Park. Autumn’s here and the trees there are really beautiful,” His fingers clasped around yours and he spoke in a smooth, manly voice which you always loved to hear. Then he scooped you up bridal style and swirled you around, emitting squeals from you as you begged for him to put you back down.

“Yah oppa please~,” You pleaded as your eyes wondered about. Time momentarily stopped when you met his eyes, your smile faded and he returned you a soft encouraging smile before disappearing.

He saw. He had seen everything.

The kiss.

The hug.

And the spinning that sent you squealing in happiness. His heart sank, but he kept a straight face. Retreating back up the stairs, he fought with his thoughts.

Ryeowook knew the date was actually a pretend, and Yunho had told him he loved you. But Ryeowook did not tell anyone about his feelings for you…And he became worried when the ‘pretend’ date seemed like it was turning into something more…

“Should I? Or not,” He contemplated on whether to give you up. Nonononononononono…I…I should ask her how she feels first. He thought hopefully, remembering when your eyes both met at that instant.