i l l

The Last Piece Of Art

"Eh? She looks familiar," Yunho looked up from his newspaper and noticed Ryeowook huggling you as you shivered.

"Hyung, she's Jae Eun. I'm her buddy," Ryeowook quickly answered and ordered the maids to give you some dry clothes to change into.

"There, just go with them," He lightly pushed you towards the three maids while he went to join Yunho.

"I saw her on my first day, she looks pretty innocent-"

"Who?" Nichkhun into the conversation and settled beside Yunho.

"My friend. Don't you dare try hitting on her or I'll kick you all the way to Africa," Ryeowook snapped. Nickhun just shook his head and smirked.

"I don't bang innocent girls, you know." And Nickhun went back up to his room.

"He's a freaking playboy and he ain't gonna change."

Ryeowook nodded in agreement with Yunho's statement. Out of them three, Nickhun maybe the second but he's definitely too much of a playboy and a heartbreaker.

"Tell me bout' it." Yunho remembered the shivering you and probed. Crossing his fingers into a ball, Ryeowook leaned forward and told him how he found you crying alone.

"That's a pity, but she seems pretty interesting, and mysterious at that," Yunho paused to think for a while. "I think I'm gonna like her soon."

Ryeowook just grinned. He felt alright when Yunho said that since Yunho was always the serious one and would never toy with anyone. He knew he could entrust Yunho to take care of the seemingly vulnerable you.

----------------------

"Ryeowook-sshi, she's fine and dry now," The elderly maid supervisor handed you to Ryeowook.

His eyes trailed from your hair to your toes, and you flinched a little. You begin to study your outfit too. Long black curls, a plain yet pretty much fluffy white dress and a purple pair of high heeled shoes.

"Jae Eun, sit here will you?" Ryeowook said warmly and gestured you over to him.

You forced a smile as you tried to walk in a straight line to him, but being inexperience with high heels you almost stumbled if not because you caught the sofa arm in time. Oh damn damn damn. I'm screwed. Then he flashed them an apologetic smile as you got up. The rain was replaced by a little sunshine now and you hurriedly took off your purple shoes.

"Um...thanks....thanks....thanks Ryeowook oppa and Yunho sunbae! I...I gotta go!"

Scurrying to the front door barefooted, you slipped on your drenched sneakers and the door opened at the same time. Ryeowook's parents stared at your actions and you forced another smile, trying hard to tie the shoelaces with utmost speed.

"Wait!" Ryeowook was a moment too late. You had already disappeared from his sight.

He rushed out of the house along with Yunho. You had brushed past his parents lightly and scooted off in your wet and sticky shoes no matter how uncomfortable it was. Uh-oh, you turned behind and saw them.

Picking up your speed, you turned around the corner, unsure of where you were heading. You just wanted to lose them. But your energy was leaving you, you had forgotten about your illness. Tiring yourself out will only agitate it.

"Yah!" Someone grabbed your shoulder. You spun round and gasped. You huffed and puffed breathlessly as you clutched your chest.

"Are you alright?" Ryeowook's voice entered your ears next. Both of them weren't even the slightest out of breath yet you were panting like anything.

"Well...um," You said breathlessly and closed your eyes in pain. "I...I'm fine...just," You paused again, feeling the pain spreading throughout your body. "Just...leave me alone," You ended quickly and pushed them away, though not very roughly and limped away.

"I think, we should just go?" Yunho suggested, seeing how much you wanted them to leave. Ryeowook sighed and nodded.

You hadn't gotten far before you crumbled to the ground, your legs weakening and your head dizzy from all the running.

"Jae Eun!" Ryeowook was walking away when he turned round and saw you. "Hyung! She had fallen!" Yunho rushed to you in an instant.

"Are...are you alright? You need to see a doctor right now," Yunho sat you up straight and noticed your face had turned very pale and your eyes was half opened. Your breathing was uneven and that made him worry more.

"Hyung, let's send her to the hospital now." Ryeowook fished out his phone but you hit his leg endlessly.

"Noo...don't, its...it's just...asthma." Blinking open your eyes, you brushed your fringe aside and tried to stand up, but failed. It was too difficult to even stand.

"You have to-"

"DON'T." You weakly managed a loud hiss as Yunho and Ryeowook helped you up. "I'll go back first...sorry to make you worry for nothing. I'm...I'm always like that."

With that, you thanked them and slowly walked back, though your legs threaten to give way anytime.