t i m e

The Last Piece Of Art

"How long...more," You suttered in a quivering voice, staring at the doctor uncertainly. She shook her head and faced you with a pretty much regretful expression.

"Half a year, Miss Song. Your leukemia is reaching the third stage very soon, yet you did not want to accept treatment?"

You shook your head stubbornly. I'm still a girl. I'm vain, as all are. And I want to die pretty.

"Well then, you're just going to let yourself die?" The doctor questioned. You shrugged and staggered out of the clinic, tears welling up.

The sky seemed as if it understood your feelings, as the colour turned from azure blue to a dark ominous grey. Thunder boomed across the sky and little raindrops pelted on the rooftops. There wasn't any difference between your tears and the rain.

I've got to fufil my dream, and Halmeoni's wish. I want to be an artist, a full fledged artist. I want to at least complete my first, and my last piece of art, before I say goodbye. Well God, can't you let me have my way, at least for once?

Trudging back home wearily, you cried. It was one of the many times you cried. You had learnt to accept fate as it is; it took away your parents, you were little and you didn't know. You thought they were just buried in the ground and one day they would grow like how plants do.

It snatched away your friends, you were angry, and you frowned alot. When it cut you off from your family, forever, your grandparents gone, you cried. You realised what happened all along. And you found out you had leukemia, but you didn't cry.

Why cry when you can join your family up there blissfully? You always thought.

Then all of a sudden, you could feel the rain no more. 

"Wha...what?" You found a shelter above your head. A peaceful blue shelter held by someone. Hastily wiping away your tears, you looked to your right and muttered a word of thanks.

"Ryeowook?"

"Yes Jae Eun. What's with you crying out here all alone?" He used a piece of tissue and wiped dry your face. He then wrapped his scarf around you and hurried you to a black car waiting by the roadside.

"Get in," He said. You gasped when you knew that car was expensive and backed away.

"Get in," He ordered sternly and your heart skipped a beat.

"O...okay," You were darn worried about wetting the seat of his car but nonetheless, he pushed you in and told the driver to go.