b r u s h

The Last Piece Of Art

Listen to : Your Wouldn't Answer My Calls - 2AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXS3cYYP3YI&feature=player_embedded

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

You picked up your paintbrush and dipped it into the little beaker of black paint. There were only three, dull colours : black, white, and grey. Suffice to say that these colours represent your feelings, and your life. Your life didn't have those wonderful rainbows and sunshine, those bright and exuberant colours such as red and yellow. Only black, white and grey.

I'll try to paint my life now. It's always what I've wanted to do. You had been in this school for a month already. Yeah, you did make some genuinely good friends, like Ryeowook, Yunho, Sooyoung, Yuri and Gyuri. The feeling of having someone there for you was just so fresh and new, it was never like this back at home.

Experience takes time to accumulate, and in a month, you worked hard. Ryeowook offered to coach you, you stayed back in school to paint, to draw, to sketch. With al lthat sheer determintation and hard work, you are what you are now : a half-fledged artist.

You have five more months. Five more months, subtracting the days where you visit the doctor, subtracting those busy days and days where you'd be sick, you have hardly any time left. And all you wanted was to complete your first, and your last masterpiece.

Staining the canvas with a little black dot, you paused.

"I'll just take this as a draft. I don't want to ruin my masterpiece of life." You said aloud.

Then you said a little prayer and smiled. The brush dipped into the three colours, and that beaker of water repeatedly as it imprinted its traces on the surface of the canvas. For two days, you had cooped yourself in your hostel room, surviving with room service, and not even going out into the sunshine. Little did you know that Ryeowook and Yunho had begun worrying as you did not appear for some classes.

"There," Looking at your first finished draft, you settled your brush back onto the table and wiped your hands off the paint-stained cloth.

The canvas was of that three colours, with occasional of different shape. Many would see it as abstract, drawn all over the place. But indeed, that was what your life was at the current point, messy and dull. Then you lifted the canvas off the easel and placed it on your bedside table.

Ding dong~! Oh, the doorbell. You hurriedly got off your seat and opened the door.

"Oppa?"

Ryeowook just smiled at the shocked expression on your face and proceeded into your room. You closed the door and went to get him a cup of water.

"Wow. What's this? It's so abtract, but..." He saddened his tone. "Why is it so dark, and dull like? Abstracts are supposed to be full of life and colours. Still, you did a pretty good job, I see you write there that it's your first piece? That's awesome for a first timer."

"Oppa, here," You handed him the water and sat down on the bed beside him. "I'm trying to paint my life."

"Life is colourful isn't it?"

"No," You answered curtly, and your eyes dimmed. "Not for me." Then you forced a smile.

Ryeowook knew there was something wrong. He could see that glow in your eyes fading away. He wanted to know more about you, but he sensed a sad history, and decided to put it off for a moment.

"Jae Eun," He placed his hands on yours and squeezed it lightly. "If there's anything wrong, I'll always be there, alright?"

Your heart took a sudden leap at the touch of his hands against yours and the moment he said those words and squeezed your hands, you felt your cheeks heat up.

"Y...yea," You murmured, unable to look up into is eyes.

Ryeowook smiled at the shy you, and leaned forward to hug you. You flinched a little but he did not hold back. as his body pressed against yours, you felt a warm feeling rising within your body, a feeling you've never felt before. You tried to push him away at first, but he hugged you tighter. He was so comfortable, that the next thing you knew, you wouldn't mind staying like that for an our or so.