Life is Full of Surprises

It's All About LOVE

 

                She groaned, annoyed with herself for allowing such friends to put her in this situation. What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say? Glancing quietly at the man next to her, she sighed inaudibly and refrained herself from palming her face. He was a nice guy, easy to get along with. However, he was extremely shy and quiet. He didn’t initiate any conversation. He didn’t look her in the eye. He was just… ugh! Shifting in her seat, she turned her eyes back to the big screen in front of her. He brought her to a movie when they had nothing else to say. Out of politeness, she accepted but now she was regretting it. She knew he wasn’t going to take her to an action movie, but seriously… a romantic comedy?
 
                “Uhm, are you okay?” he asked her, shaking her out of her thoughts.
 
                Snapping her head to the side, she nodded jerkily. “Uh, yeah. Never better.”
 
                “Are you… Are you sure?” he inquired again, his voice full of anxiety.
 
                “Yes. I’m sure,” she smiled, hoping to put him at ease.
 
                Grinning widely, he reached over to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. “I’m glad. I’m not really good at this dating thing, but I want to try. You… You make me feel happy.”
 
                “Really?” she questioned, eyes wide with surprise.
 
                “Yeah. Really,” he whispered, pulling his hand away from her face and to her hand. Taking her small palm into his larger one, he felt the slight roughness of her skin and delighted at the shock he received from just the simple touch. Blushing, he held her hand lightly in his and resumed watching the movie.
 
                She on the other hand looked at their entwined fingers and grinned. Well, the date wasn’t really that bad. And if she was more truthful to herself, he wasn’t that bad at all. He may be shy, but when he did talk, he was sweet. Now blushing herself, she raised her eyes to his face and softly smiled. Life was full of surprises… and he was slowly becoming one.
 
==============================
 
author's note► the second drabble is up! :D lmao! i wonder if anyone can guess who these characters are. hint? well, read carefully how she describes him, it gives him away easily. ^^ so, what do you think? getting interesting yet? no worries. there are still two more before we officially get to the story. ;) the third drabble will be up tomorrow! watch out for that!
 
==============================
 
© babypaopao 2011