Valentines Date: Youngbae and Kaila (Part I: Red Roses)

It's All About LOVE

 

            She was nervous. She was really, really nervous. Smoothing out her periwinkle dress once more, she patiently waited in her small apartment for his arrival. He told her to be ready by 6:00PM and at that moment it was only 5:50PM. She knew he would be there on time. He wasn’t going to stand her up. However, she couldn’t shake off the nerves she was suddenly experiencing. What was with her? She was the youngest soon-to-be Head Chef out there. Strong-willed, somewhat ruthless, and occasionally snappy, she shouldn’t be feeling anxious like something was eating away her confidence. She was the Shim Kaila. Nothing made her afraid… well, maybe this date was making her a bit fearful. It must be the day. It had been years since she last celebrated the holiday. She didn’t have reason to… until now.
 
            Before she could stand up from where she was sitting on her couch and pace around the quaint living room, a knock on her door stopped her from doing so. She quickly made her way to the entrance of her apartment to let her visitor in. As she opened the heavy set wooden door and smiled demurely at the man behind it, her heart literally felt like it jumped into at the sight of him holding a bouquet of red roses for her. He was dressed casually – a blue striped button-down shirt, dark blue denim jeans, and white Nike shoes. To her he was absolutely masculine, the epitome of manliness. She could even smell his subtle cologne that was a mixed in with something distinctly him.
 
            “Hi!” she squeaked, her voice quivering with added nerves.
 
            He smiled adorably back at her, eyes disappearing as he did so. “Hey!”
 
            “Are-are those roses for me?” she inquired, peering up at him beneath thick black lashes.
 
            “Oh! Yes. Yes, they’re for you,” he grinned, handing the flowers over to her. “When I saw them in the florist’s shop I couldn’t help but think of you, so I bought them.”
 
            Blushing, she took the floral arrangement from him and gestured him inside her humble home. “Why don’t you come in for a moment while I put these in a vase with some water?”
 
            Nodding, he followed her in carefully closing the door behind him and locking it. As she left him to go into the kitchen, he studied her apartment with curious eyes. It was very organized with everything in their place. To his left from where he was standing was a small hallway that led to the bedroom and bathroom. To his front was the small living room with a brown suede couch and another lighter brown colored suede loveseat. There was a mahogany colored wooden coffee table in the middle and a large flat screen tv hanging from the wall. To his right was an entry way to the kitchen where his date disappeared to. Checking his watch and confirming they had time, he followed her into the small kitchen. Although it was small, it was fully stocked with an assortment of spices and other things. There he found her bent under the sink, looking for a vase for the flowers he gave her.
 
            “Need help?” he asked politely, enjoying the view of her cute bum sticking up.
 
            Surprised by his sudden presence in her kitchen, she bumped her head on the counter on her way out of the cramped space under her sink. With one hand she clutched tightly to the vase she found and the other went to the back of her head where a bump was surely to form. Worried and guilty, he kneeled down next to her and cradled her injured head in his warm hands. He brought her closer to him and had her sit across his lap, the vase still in her arms.
 
            “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you like that,” he spoke, leaning over her. She was about to reply, but he put a finger to her soft, pink lips to silence her. “But, I do promise to make the pain go away,” and with that he lowered his hot mouth over hers.
 
==============================
 
author's note► posted this waaaaay~ before the site crashed... but i ain't mad. ^^ good thing Nichi is fast. so yeah, kimmie's is next which i will post right now... :D
 
==============================
 
© babypaopao 2011 - 2012