Human ( Part I )

It's All About LOVE
            He sat on the weathered brown couch, an energy drink in hand and a copy of a medical handbook in the other. Trying to brush up on some of his terminology and skills, he didn’t hear the door to his apartment open. Completely engrossed at the words on the page, he was about to take a sip of his drink when another hand snatched it from his own. Surprised, he looked up from where he was lounging and grinned.
 
            “How was your day, babe?” he asked the woman before him who was gulping down his beverage in large helpings.
 
            She smiled happily at him as she set down the bottle on the coffee table and straddled his lap. “Pretty good. Finally told the girls about us.”
 
            He was again surprised at her news, but schooled it away with a cheeky smirk. “What they say? That you are the luckiest woman on Earth for snagging a guy like me?”
 
            “Puh-lease! Not even. They just reminded me of some things I wanted to talk to you about,” she replied, snuggling deeper in his arms as she could perched on top of him.
 
            “And what would that be?” he inquired, her hair and tossing the book he was reading to the floor.
 
            Taking a deep breath, she pulled away from his warmth slowly to gaze into his eyes. She really didn’t want to bring it up. She really didn’t want to point it out. It had been years since she felt that she was human and not a machine that works on autopilot. But, if she didn’t say anything at all  it could risk them both… and she didn’t want that.
 
            “I’ve been putting this off lately, but… You do know our relationship is forbidden, right?” she breathed, staring him down to read his emotions.
 
            He stiffened almost instantly, but as quickly as it came it subsided as well. Heaving a deep breath, he ran a hand through his unruly hair and nodded slightly. “Yeah. I know… but it doesn’t change how I feel for you.”
 
            “We can both be laid off for what we’re doing,” she pointed out, still not letting up on staring him down.
 
            “Do you wanna break up then?” he asked, not meeting her gaze with his own.
 
            She cupped his cheek and forced him to look at her as she responded. “No. I don’t want to break up… but we have to be careful. I don’t want to lose you as much as I don’t want us both to lose our jobs,” she sighed then, placing her forehead against his. “I love you Junho. I love you so much… it scares me.”
 
==============================
 
author's note► updated with another short drabble. what do you think? i'm at school right now so I can't really say much. hope you guys like it! and it's a bit of a cliffy. there will be a part two to their conversation. leave me some love guys! thanks! :D next update will be soon... hopefully. :D
 
==============================
 
© babypaopao 2011 - 2012