Take a Chance

It's All About LOVE
                He watched her as he poured the amber colored liquid into a glass. She had been sitting there for nearly two hours, sipping on her drink and writing down furiously at the pad of paper she brought with her. This was her third consecutive day at the bar and he was becoming curious. Who was this woman? What was she doing there at a place like that? What could she possibly be writing? As he continued to think, his fellow workmate tapped him on the shoulder to grab his attention.
 
                “I’ll be heading home first, bro. See you tomorrow!” the young man said with a smile.
 
                Nodding, he waved goodbye and returned his attention to the mysterious woman. He needed some answers, and he needed them now. Grabbing his white towel, he made his way over to where she sat, perched on one of the black barstools. He stopped a few paces away of her and pretended to clean the counter he stood in front of. When he peaked to see if she glanced his way, he was disappointed to see that her nose was still buried into that paper of hers, the pen still scribbling all over.
 
                “Uhm, whatcha writing there?” he asked, hoping to get her attention through direct contact.
 
                She stopped, put her pen down, and turned to peer at him beneath her thick, black lashes. “Nothing.”
 
                He scoffed, moving closer to where she was. “It can’t be nothin’ if you keep writin’, now can it?”
 
                “Well, yes. It can actually. It can be nothing to you if you don’t know what it was,” she spoke, an eyebrow raised in challenge.
 
                “If that’s the case, then I don’t want it to be nothing. So tell me, whatcha writing?” he grinned, knowing he got her pinned by her own explanation.
 
                Rolling her eyes, she flipped her pad around and it towards him. “Just a story I’m writing. It’s not much, but yeah. That’s pretty much it,” she replied, taking a sip of her drink.
 
                Eyes scrolling the words on the page, he let out a deep breath and whistled. “That is somethin’ darlin’. I’m telling you, that is somethin’. How long have you been doing this?”
 
                “Writing or the story?” she inquired, resting her left cheek on her left hand as she stared at him.
 
                “Both.”
 
                Sighing, she took her pad back when he handed it over to her. What was she doing? Why was she talking to this… this stranger. Battling with herself, she gazed back up to his eyes and stopped. She didn’t know what made her do it, but she knew she just had to. She needed to take a chance… with him. “Why don’t I tell you… over dinner?”
 
                Eyes wide in surprise, he scoffed for a second before he smirked. “If you plan on that being breakfast darlin’, then sure. Why not?”
 
                Laughing lightheartedly, she ran a hand through her hair. “Breakfast it is then,” she smiled, amazed at herself. Yes! She needed to take a chance. She just needed it.
 
==============================
 
author's note► the third drabble is now up! ^^ do you know who these are? want a hint? hmm. he notices something about her, about her habits - if you see that then you'll know who she is. so, is it getting any good? i really, really hope it is! last drabble will be up tomorrow and then we will be able to get to the meat of it all. hang on tight! :D
 
==============================
 
© babypaopao 2011