Friends Keep Us in Line ( Part I )

It's All About LOVE

 

                They were gathered together for their Sunday lunch at a small, quaint restaurant in the middle of the city. As orders were given to the waiting waiter, each woman couldn’t wait to share some exciting news that had happened over the past week. Once the lanky man had finished taking down their selections and left, they all began to speak about their news… at the same time. Looking at each other with wide eyes, they laughed heartily at the palpable thrill in the air.
 
                “Who wants to go first?” the eldest asked, sipping on the red wine she ordered.
 
                The two youngest looked at each other, drew out a hand, and curled that into a fist. Bobbing them up and down at the same time, at the count of three they unfurled their hands and watched with grins on their faces who was the victor that came out on top.
 
                “Ha! I win!” the second to the youngest squealed, gently patting the other girls shoulder in mock consolation. “It’s alright Kim, dear. There’s always next time.”
 
                “Oh shush, will you Kaila? That was luck of the draw,” the second eldest spoke, rolling her mahogany brown eyes at the winning woman.
 
                Smirking, Kaila held out her fist to the older woman, challenging her. “Wanna check and see?”
 
                “Come on Kai. You already won. Can you please get on with your story?” Kim drawled softly, pulling her friends arm back and away from their two older friends.
 
                “Kim’s right, Kaila. What do you have to share?” the eldest woman inquired, urging her dongsaeng on with her dark brown eyes.
 
                Shifting in her seat and clearing , she smiled fondly at her friends as she began her tale. “Y-You were right, guys. He’s… He’s different.”
 
                Kim grinned from ear to ear as she turned in her seat to gaze at her blushing friend. “So? What now?”
 
                “Uh, well. We… We set up another date.” Kaila nearly whispered, averting her eyes from the females around her.
 
                In no less than a second, the quiet restaurant was filled with girlish screams of delight. All the other patrons stared at the group of women in the middle as three of them covered their mouths and one covered her ears. Looking apologetic to the maître d' who glared at them, they all giggled quietly in embarrassment.
 
                “Should’ve expected that kind of reaction,” Kaila off-handedly said, taking her hands away from her ears.
 
                “Shut up! You know you would have been the same if Shai unnie told us that her date went that well and was going to have a second one,” Kim joked, but eyed the second eldest with interest.
 
                Sighing, she shut her eyes for a moment and deliberated whether or not to tell them. Overwhelming glee was the answer to her problems and she opened her eyes to the inquisitive ones of her girlfriends. “Well, yes. It was good.”
 
                “Just good?” the eldest commented, smirking a little.
 
                Groaning out loud, Aisha nearly banged her head on the table if it were not embarrassing to do so. “Fine,” she growled out. “It was more than fine! It was great, okay? It was so great that we’re meeting up tonight. Are you happy now April unnie?”
 
                “TONIGHT?!” the three other girls barely contained themselves.
 
                “Yes, tonight! Now hush! The maître d' will kick us out any minute now for being so loud!” Aisha exasperatedly whispered.
 
                They all giggled wildly, smiles hidden behind soft hands and starch white napkins. Looking at each other with glee and mirth in their eyes, they knew deep down inside that true friends keep each other in line. Or at least something that resembles a line.
 
==============================
 
author's note► i am so sorry for the late update. i promised this right after new year's, but i got busy with other things. anyways, better late than never! ^^ so, what do you think? this is the actual start of the story. the next chapter will be the continuation of this. only two have shared their stories. the other two still have to share theirs. hang on in there! :)
 
==============================
 
© babypaopao 2011 - 2012