Missing

Happiness

Taekwoon is bouncing in his seat happily. He is currently waiting for Jaehwan at the bench at the yard. He has asked Hakyeon to send him to kindergarten earlier than usual so that he can spend more time with Jaehwan. He knows that the younger always reaches the kindergarten earlier than him.

He has been excited since the moment he woke up. Its Monday and he didn’t get to see Jaehwan for the past two days and he misses the younger badly.

He is humming softly while clutching tightly onto his bag. He has brought his favourite cookies to share with the younger as promised.

Minutes pass and Jaehwan is not there yet. He pouts due to disappointment as Jaehwan should be already there at this timing.

Another 5 minutes pass and the teacher comes out to call Taekwoon to enter the class as its time for their classes. Taekwoon pouts and whines but follows obediently. Has Hwannie already entered the class? But I didn’t see him! Did I missed? But I have been staring at the entrance for a long time! he thinks.

For the first time, Taekwoon can’t concentrate in the class. He can’t wait for break time so that he can go to the other class to look for Jaehwan. Maybe I should be angry as he didn’t come to look me! but maybe he didn’t expect to see me since I always reach later than him, Taekwoon thinks, still contemplating what should he do later.

The long awaiting break time is finally here and Taekwoon runs off of the class immediately. He looks into Jaehwan’s class through the glass but he can’t find the younger there.

“Hyung?” Sandeul, one of Jaehwan’s close friends in the class calls Taekwoon as he sees the elder has been staring into the class for minutes, like looking for something or someone.

“Hi, did you see Jaehwan?” Taekwoon greets and asks.

“Jaehwanie? Teacher says he is sick so he is absent today.” Sandeul answers before running off when his friend, Baro asking him to join him.

Taekwoon pouts and walks back to his class. He sits down and slumps, feeling upset that he have to spend another day without the younger.

So Hwannie is sick.. is he okay? he looks so small.. Taekwoon thinks and starts to feel worry for the younger.

Taekwoon spends the remaining day with boredom and non-stop missing the younger. He leaves the class immediately when the class is finish.

He kicks the sand mindlessly as he waits for his mother, Hakyeon to pick him up.

Maybe I can ask umma to bring me visit Hwannie.. Taekwoon thinks and nods, feeling satisfied at his own idea.

“Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon calls from his car for his son. He smiles when he sees his son runs to the car with a smile.

“Umma~” Taekwoon greets and pecks his mother’s cheek as soon as he gets into the car.

“Did you have fun in school today?” Hakyeon asks sweetly.

“No~” Taekwoon whines in reply.

“Why?” Hakyeon asks, he is curious at the answer as Taekwoon always enjoy going school.

“Hwannie is not there. He is sick so he is absent. Can we visit him? Please~” Taekwoon pleads with his puppy eyes.

Hakyeon softens at the puppy eyes and pulls out his phone, “I will call uncle Hongbin first, okay?”. Taekwoon nods and silently prays that the sweet uncle Hongbin will let him to come for a visit.

“Okay, see you later” Hakyeon says before he hangs up the phone.

“Umma! Are we going?” Taekwoon asks excitedly.

“Yes, my dear. We are going” Hakyeon says and Taekwoon smiles in satisfaction.

Soon, they reach Jaehwan’s house. Taekwoon immediately gets off the car and runs to the door. He wants to see Jaehwan as soon as possible.

“Taekwoonie~ chill~ Jaehwan will not run away” Hakyeon says and chuckles then presses the doorbell.

“Hi hyung. Hi Taekwoonie” Hongbin greets when he opens the door.

“Sorry for coming to visit so suddenly” Hakyeon apologizes.

“Its okay. Its fine” Hongbin says and smiles.

“Is Jaehwanie okay?” Hakyeon asks in worry. As far as he knows, Jaehwan is one of those kids who falls sick easily, especially when the season is changing.

“He is fine. He had high fever last night but now he is fine already” Hongbin says with a soft smile. He has spent last night taking care of Jaehwan with full of care, barely sleep.

“Can I see him?” Taekwoon asks and points at the stairs.

“Sure” Hongbin says and leads them to his son’s room.

“Baby” Hongbin calls softly when they enter the room.

A small figure is sleeping soundly on the bed, hugging the puppy plushie tightly against his chest.

“My baby” Hongbin calls again, this time sits on the bed beside his son and the soft hair.

“Mommy” Jaehwan replies sleepily and snuggles against his mother.

“Hwannie” Taekwoon calls from the side.

“Woonie hyung?” Jaehwan asks in confusion.

“I was worry because you were not in class! So I asked umma to bring me here to visit you” Taekwoon explains and pats the younger’s head, gasps softly as he feels the warmness from the younger’s skin through his palm.

“I’m sorry” Jaehwan apologizes, upset at the fact that he has made the elder worry.

“Its okay” Taekwoon says softly. “Rest well and we will play together again” he adds.

Jaehwan nods but whines and snuggles closer to his mother.

“Mommy~ my head hurts” Jaehwan whines with tears as he feels uncomfortable and unwell.

Hongbin looks at his son with worry and turns around, “Hyung, I’m sorry but it seems its not the best to pay a visit” he says apologetically.

“Its fine. I understand.” Hakyeon says and signals Taekwoon to follow him and exits the room.

“Get well soon, okay? Cutie~” Hakyeon coos and ruffles the kid’s hair.

“I miss you! Hope you recover soon and we will play together again!” Taekwoon says before leaving.

“Thank you!” Jaehwan replies with a weak smile, already starts to imagine those fun time he will have after he back to the kindergarten.

Taekwoon leaves the house with a small smile as he already met the younger. I miss you, get well soon… 


Enjoy reading :D