Meeting

Happiness

“I’m home” Wonshik announces as he removes his shoes. A kid immediately runs to him and hugs his legs tightly.

“Taekwoonie” Wonshik cooes at his son and scoops the kid into his arm, placing his briefcase on the couch.

“Did you miss appa today?” Wonshik asks gently, walking towards the kitchen to look for his wife with the kid in his arm.

Taekwoon nods furiously and pecks his father’s cheek, “I miss appa so much!” he exclaims.

“Why are you so cute?” Wonshik says and pinches his son’s nose.

“So I am not cute?” A question comes from the kitchen.

“You are the cutest” Wonshik looks at his wife and says, letting Taekwoon to stand on his feet.

“Appa and umma is disgusting” Taekwoon says and giggles.

“Go watch your animation” Hakyeon says and sends his son off to the living room. Taekwoon laughs and runs to the living room, getting comfortable on the couch to continue washing his favourite animation.

“Oh ya. By the way, can I invite Sanghyuk’s family come over for dinner tomorrow? He helped me a lot in my recent project” Wonshik says as he retrieves the orange juice from the refrigerator.

“Sure. It has been a long since I last met them. Ask them to bring their kid along” Hakyeon answers with a smile. Sanghyuk is Wonshik’s best friend for life and best partner in work. Hakyeon gets to know the younger through his husband and it shocked him when the younger told him that he already married and had a kid the last time he met him.

“Thank you.” Wonshik says and pecks his wife’s forehead, knowing that preparing a dinner for two families requires hard work.

Wonshik then walks away to give a phone call and comes back few minutes later. “Sanghyuk said that they will be bringing cake over tomorrow” Wonshik says.

“Taekwoonie likes cake!” Taekwoon exclaims as he take a seat at the dining table.

“Of cause you do” Wonshik chuckles and ruffles the kid’s hair.

---- The next day ----

“Taekwoonie. Let’s go bath. Appa’s friends are coming later. You are not going to see the guests with your sweat” Hakyeon says and asks his sweaty son who just comes back from the field with his father.

“Appa’s friends coming?” Taekwoon asks in confusion and looks at his father.

“Appa forgot to tell you yesterday. Yes, appa’s friends are coming later” Wonshik says and pats the kid’s head.

“Okay!” Taekwoon says and runs to his room to take a shower.

“What about you? Are you joining me in the shower?” Wonshik asks and bites his wife’s shoulder.

“Go away. We are not doing anything. Especially there are guests who coming over later” Hakyeon says and pushes his husband away.

“Fine. Then we are going to do anything and everything on the bed later at night” Wonshik says and runs to his room immediately, avoiding from being smacked by his wife.

“How’s appa friend?” Taekwoon asks after showered.

“Hmm.. He is a very good person. His wife is a good person also.” Wonshik answers and Taekwoon nods.

“Do they have children?” Taekwoon asks as it will be bored for him if only adults presence in the dinner.

“They have a kid. A boy also” Wonshik answers.                 

“Is he younger or elder than me?” Taekwoon asks excitedly.

Wonshik tries to think and realizes that he does not know the answer. Sanghyuk didn’t really talk much about his family when they are working. He only remember that the younger once told him that he had a kid but he never asked how old is the kid.

“I’m not sure. But he should be around your age” Wonshik says and pats his son’s head.

“I hope he is younger!” Taekwoon says with excitement in his eyes.

“Why?” Wonshik asks in curiosity.

“I always wanted a younger sibling!” Taekwoon says and Wonshik laughs.

“Do you think they will like pasta? I don’t know their preference” Hakyeon asks as he comes out from the kitchen.

“I’m sure they will like your cooking. Your cooking is amazing” Wonshik says, assuring his wife who is worried.

“What time are they coming?” Hakyeon asks and sits beside his son.

“I think they will reach soon. Sanghyuk just texted me that they are on their way.” Wonshik answers and checks his phone.

“Then I will go shower first. Can you and Taekwoonie tidy up the living room for a bit?” Hakyeon says. To be honest, the living room is considered tidy, except there are some toys which scatter around.

Both of them begin to clean up the tidy room. Taekwoon puts all his toys in the box which prepared by his mother and Wonshik carries it to the corner of the living room.

Half an hour later, the doorbell rings and the family leave the couch to open to door.

In front of them, Sanghyuk is greeting them with a smile while carrying a kid who is sleeping on his shoulder while Hongbin is carrying a small bag and a box of cake.

“He is Jaehwan. I’m sorry but he fell asleep when we are on the way coming” Hongbin apologizes and takes over the kid from his husband, letting the kid to clings onto him and continues sleeping.

“Are you Taekwoon?” Hongbin asks gently at Taekwoon who is staring at him and Jaehwan.

“Yes. I am Taekwoon and I’m six. How old is Jaehwan?” Taekwoon asks politely.

“He is three.” Hongbin answers.

“Yes! I’m hyung!” Taekwoon exclaims happily and his loud voice disturbs Jaehwan’s sleep.

Jaehwan squirms and wakes up from his sleep, pulling away and looks at his mother with sleepy eyes.

“Mommy?” Jaehwan says sleepily, still not fully awake.

“Buddy. Time to wake up, we are here” Hongbin says softly and trying to sooth his son’s messy hair.

Jaehwan looks around and finds that he is in a new environment. He then sees there is another two adults in the room other than his parents.

“Hi auntie uncle” he greets softly and shyly.

“Awww.. he is cute” Hakyeon cooes at the shy kid.

“It seems that he is shy” Wonshik comments and Sanghyuk nods and replies “Our Jaehwanie is very shy.”

“Hi! I’m Taekwoon hyung” Taekwoon introduces himself happily and stares at the cute kid in front of him.

“Taekwoon hyung?” Jaehwan says and stares at him with curiosity.

“I’m elder so you have to call me hyung!” Taekwoon says excitedly and Jaehwan only nods in return.

“You are so cute and squishy! Like my teddy bear!” Taekwoon exclaims excitedly again and this time Jaehwan who is too shy immediately goes into his father’s arms and seeks for comfort.

“Daddyyyyy” Jaehwan whines and Sanghyuk only shakes his head and pats his son’s back softly.

“Our boy is really shy. I hope this does not offend you all” Hongbin says in apologizes.

“Its okay. He is adorable” Wonshik says.

“Can we play together?” Taekwoon asks timidly, he feels frustrated as the other kid does not really respond to him earlier.

“Baby. Go play with Taekwoon. Don’t you say you want to have a playmate?” Sanghyuk says and encourages his son.

Jaehwan pouts and nods after thinking for a while. He then gets off from his father’s laps to play with the elder kid.

“It’s dinner time!” Hakyeon announces 15 minutes later.

“Hwannie, lets go eat” Taekwoon says as he puts down the toy.

“Hwannie?” Jaehwan asks.

“Its your nickname. I gave you a nickname. You don’t like it?” Taekwoon asks dejectedly. He really wants to be the younger’s friend but the younger seems shy and distant from him.

Jaehwan shakes his head and replies “No, I like it. Thank you, Woonie hyung”

“Woonie hyung? Is that the nickname you give me?” Taekwoon asks in excitement and the younger nods.

“We are friends from now on, okay?” Taekwoon asks and the younger nods with a smile.

“Umma!!! I gave Hwannie a nickname and he gave me one too!” Taekwoon announces happily as both of them go to the dining area.

“Really? I’m glad that you two become friend” Hakyeon says and motions the kids to take their seats.

Soon, the two families take their respective seat at the dining table.

“It’s cream pasta?” Hongbin asks and stares at the plate of pasta in front of him.

“Yes. Is there any problem?” Hakyeon asks nervously, afraid that the dish may not suit the other family’s taste.

“Hmm.. no no… but our Jaehwanie is lactose intolerance..” Hongbin says softly, trying his best not to offend the other.

“Oh my! I’m sorry.” Hakyeon immediately apologizes.

“Its okay. We didn’t inform you earlier. Hmm.. do you have bread?” Hongbin asks.

Hakyeon nods and retrieves the loaf of bread from the counter and passes to Hongbin.

“Baby, you will eat bread instead, okay? You can’t eat the pasta” Hongbin says and taking away the plate of pasta from Jaehwan.

“Why?” Jaehwan asks and pouts, he is hungry and he wants to eat.

“It has milk and you will get stomachache and diarrhea if you eat it” Hongbin explains and Jaehwan nods. The kid still remembers that the last time he had the same issue and end up went to the hospital.

“Good boy. Mommy will give you biscuit later, okay?” Hongbin says and feeds his son with the bread.

Jaehwan smiles and start eating the bread.

“Hwannie can’t eat pasta?” Taekwoon asks, not knowing the meaning of lactose intolerance.

“Yes honey. He can’t eat or he will be sick” Hakyeon says.

“but Hwannie will be hungry!” Taekwoon protests.

“Taekwoonie, Jaehwanie is eating bread. He will be fine” Hongbin assures the elder kid.

“Really?” Taekwoon asks.

“Yes” Hongbin says in assurance. Taekwoon finally nods and starts eating.

After dinner, the adults chat for a while and the kids play with each other at the playroom.

“Thank you for inviting us over.” Sanghyuk says when they are leaving.

“It was fun and our kids get new friend, too” Hongbin adds.

“Then we should meet up more in the future” Hakyeon says and smiles.

The Hyukbin couple nods in agreement.

“Baby. Say goodbye” Hongbin says.

Jaehwan then smiles shyly and says softly “Goodbye auntie uncle. Bye Woonie hyung”

“Hwannie! I will see you soon, okay?” Taekwoon says happily, can’t wait for the next time to come.

Jaehwan nods and hides behind his mother due to shyness.

“He is really cute” Wonshik comments.

“We know. He is our son” Sanghyuk says and the adults laugh.

Then, the Hyukbin family leaves.

In the car, Jaehwan is singing along to the animation theme songs while hugging his teddy bear.

“Baby, did you have fun?” Sanghyuk asks.

“Yes. It was fun” Jaehwan replies.

“I’m glad that you make a friend” Hongbin says and pats his son’s head.

Jaehwan nods and smiles brightly at his mother. Deep down, Jaehwan is glad that Taekwoon is not as shy as him. He smiles as he got himself a new friend, new playmate. 


Enjoy reading :D