First day

Happiness

“So you have made decision on which school Jaehwan going?” Sanghyuk asks as he sits on the couch. He sighs in content when he is contact with the soft and comfy furniture as he has been rushing on projects and keeps attending meetings for during the day. 

“Yea. I’m planning to send him to Starlight kindergarten” Hongbin answers as he passes his husband a cup of chocolate. Sometimes he thinks that its funny that his husband is still childish and cute at home, a totally different person from work.

“The one that Wonshik hyung’s son attending?” Sanghyuk asks again, he can’t help but sounds sour in the question.

“Are you jealous?” Hongbin asks in a teasing tone.

“Its normal, okay? I want my son to adore me, not some random kid” Sanghyuk says and Hongbin comforts him with a peck.

“Jaehwan adores you a lot. Don’t doubt your son. On top of that, Taekwoon is your best friend’s kid, not some random kids” Hongbin says and leaves the living room to get his son from the playroom.

“Daddy!” Jaehwan greets and jumps onto the couch.

“Little prince” Sanghyuk says and pinches his son’s cheek lightly.

“Did you miss daddy?” Sanghyuk asks and lets his son sits on his lap.

Jaehwan nods furiously and shows his father his toothy smile.

“I wish I can keep you in my pocket. So cute!!!” Sanghyuk exclaims and tickles his son.


Few weeks later, Sanghyuk finds himself to wake his son up early in the morning. It is the day that Jaehwan will start attending kindergarten. The toddler whines and buries himself further into his duvet. Sanghyuk chuckles and pulls the duvet away, he then carries the toddler to the bathroom.

“Baby. Time to wake up.” Sanghyuk says patiently and holds a toothbrush in his hand. He has to get Jaehwan ready soon, at least before Hongbin done preparing the breakfast. “Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy” Jaehwan whines as his father tries to wash his face with the cold water. “Sorry baby” Sanghyuk apologizes and proceeds to brush the toddler’s teeth.

“Mommy!!” Jaehwan calls happily as he enters the kitchen, Sanghyuk is still carrying him.

“Baby! You look so cute in your uniform!” Hongbin says and pecks the toddler.

The small family has their breakfast together. Sanghyuk is busy feeding his son to speed up while Hongbin is busy preparing lunchbox for Jaehwan. Although the kindergarten will provide the kids lunch, Hongbin decides to make it himself for the first week since Jaehwan has some allergy issues.

“Since today is your first day, daddy and mommy will send you to school together” Sanghyuk says as his family comes out from the house.

Jaehwan cheers happily as he holds his mother’s hand tightly. All he knows is that he is going to school and there will be friends and fun waiting for him there.

20 minutes later, they reach their destination. Sanghyuk helps Jaehwan to get down from the car while Hongbin is holding his son’s bag.

“Hwannie!”

Three of them turn around when they hear someone is calling Jaehwan. In front of them, there are Wonshik and Hakyeon with their son Taekwoon. Taekwoon is running towards them with a bright smile while the adults follow behind him.

Jaehwan smiles shyly and whispers a soft “hi”.

“Baby. You are too passion early in the morning” Wonshik says and shakes his head lightly.

“Taekwoon really like our son” Hongbin comments as he looks at the kids’ interaction.

“I know right. They look so cute” Hakyeon coos but Wonshik and Sanghyuk roll their eyes instead.

“I guess we both have a jealous husband” Hongbin says and earns a nod from Hakyeon.

“I think its time for them to enter the class” Sanghyuk says as he looks at his watch.

Hongbin and Sanghyuk kneel in front of Jaehwan.

“Baby. Be good, okay? You can ask for help from teachers if you need any. Taekwoon will be here with you, too. Mommy will come pick you up later, okay?” Hongbin says and Jaehwan listens obediently while nodding.

“Come baby. Give daddy a kiss before you go” Sanghyuk says and pouts his lips in which Jaehwan kisses him immediately while giggling then proceeds to kiss Hongbin.

“I entrust Jaehwannie to you. You will be a good hyung, right?” Hongbin asks Taekwoon with a sweet smile.

“I will take care of Hwannie! No worries!!” Taekwoon replies enthusiastically.

As what the adults expect, the kids in the class welcome Jaehwan and treat him well. Jaehwan is being showered with love by his friends due to his small size and shyness. On top of that, Jaehwan is adorable and sweet. Although Jaehwan is shy at first, but he soon adapts to the new environment and has fun with his friends. Without him knowing, he has gained few friends. He likes his friends very much, especially Sandeul and Seokjin.

Soon, it is lunch time. All the other kids are sitting in a classroom which can occupy all the kids regardless of age to have lunch together. They are waiting for the teachers to give them the food while Jaehwan is sitting obediently with his lunchbox in front of him. Jaehwan looks up when he feels someone sits beside him.

“Hwannie! I miss you! Did you miss me?” Taekwoon asks cheerfully and sits beside Jaehwan while holding his own spider man theme utensil in his hands. Jaehwan nods shyly while blushing. The elder only smiles even brighter, not noticing that the younger is embarrassed.

“Lets eat!” Taekwoon says as he receives his portion of food. Jaehwan nods and opens his lunchbox. He smiles cutely at his lunchbox as it is filled with his favourite food. Both of them eat silently except sometimes Taekwoon will stop eating and asks the younger some questions. Few minutes later, the teacher walks around the room and gives them milk.

“No!” Taekwoon exclaims as he sees the teacher places a pack of milk in front of Jaehwan. “Miss Kim! Hwannie is lactose intolerance!” Taekwoon says with panic. The teacher apologizes and gives Jaehwan a pack of orange juice instead. Taekwoon nods in satisfaction and Jaehwan mutters a soft thanks. Taekwoon smiles proudly as he had helped Jaehwan. He has asked Hakyeon about Jaehwan’s allergy issues and he remembers those food that Jaehwan should be avoided from having them.

“Lets go play!” Taekwoon says and helps the younger to pack up the lunchbox. He then leads the younger to the swing. Both of them are having fun and non stop giggling until the very minute that the teachers ask them to go back to the class for the remaining classes.

Another 90 minutes of class and finally the day has come to an end. Jaehwan is now waiting for his mother to pick him up at the yard with Taekwoon besides him. Both of them are playing with the robot that Taekwoon has brought from home despite the protest from Wonshik. Taekwoon has whined that he wanted to share it with Jaehwan.

“Boys” Hongbin calls as he enters the yard with Hakyeon besides him. Jaehwan smiles and runs to his mother immediately.

“Mommy! I miss you” Jaehwan says cutely and Hongbin replies “I miss you too” sweetly.

“How was your day? Did you take care of Jaehwan like promised” Hakyeon asks Taekwoon who is in his arms now.

“Yes! The teacher gave him milk but I stopped her!” Taekwoon says proudly.

“Really? Thank you” Hongbin says and ruffles the elder kid’s hair.

“Baby.. say goodbye to Taekwoonie.. time to go” Hongbin says as he picks up his son’s bag.

“Bye bye Woonie hyung” Jaehwan says shyly with a smile.

Taekwoon pouts “Can’t I go Jaehwan’s house? Umma~~ I want to play with Hwannie” he whines to Hakyeon.

“Taekwoonie.. I’m sorry but we have to go somewhere else later..” Hongbin says with a small smile, he doesn’t want to upset the child.

“Hyungie.. we will play together tomorrowww~” Jaehwan says with a tone full of aegyo and a bright smile.

The pout on Taekwoon’s face disappear in a second and a wide smile on his face. “Okay.” Taekwoon says and reaches forward to hug the younger.

Taekwoon smiles dreamily as he sees Hongbin’s car drives off the road. He can’t wait for the next day to play with Jaehwan again.


Enjoy reading :D