Promise

Happiness

“Appaaaaa” Taekwoon whines and hugs Wonshik’s leg tightly like a koala bear.

“Yes my boy” Wonshik answers sweetly and carries his son.

“Can we go outside and play? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” Taekwoon pleads while blinking his eyes.

Wonshik chuckles and pinches his son’s nose. Although Taekwoon always insists that he is already a big boy, he is always the sweetest and cutest baby in Wonshik’s eyes.

“Where you want to go? What you want to do?” Wonshik asks gently. He wants to do fulfill Taekwoon’s needs if he able to. Hakyeon has left him to be with Taekwoon for a day so that he can spend some times with their son.

“Anywhere will be good as long as appa is with me!” Taekwoon answer sweetly and Wonshik smiles brightly at the answer.                                        

 “Lets go to your favourite café to have your smoothie and cake” Wonshik suggests and Taekwoon shows his happiness with a loud “Yes!” and “Thank you appa!”.

The kid skips happily to his room to change while the adult enters his own room as well.

“Appa! I’m ready!” Taekwoon exclaims and opens his parents’ room’s door without knocking.

Wonshik lets out a girly scream as he only in his shirt with his boxer, not even has enough time for wearing his pants.

Taekwoon giggles and runs to his father. “You should knock!” Wonshik grumbles.

“I’m too excited!” Taekwoon replies while giggling.

Wonshik sighs and wears his pants with the speed of light.

“Lets go!” Taekwoon says and drags his father. The poor father immediately grabs his wallet, phone and a beanie. The usual fashionista father grumbles as his son didn’t give him enough time to choose and match his outfit.

Wonshik smiles as Taekwoon is humming happily in his seat while he is driving. At times like this, Wonshik can see that Taekwoon does inherited some traits from Hakyeon, such as being excited from little things.

“Appa” Taekwoon calls the adult from his seat.

“Yes my boy” Wonshik answer while parking his car.

“Can I have ice cream later?” Taekwoon asks pleadingly. Wonshik can sense the desperation in his son’s voice as Hakyeon usually doesn’t allow Taekwoon to have too much sugar.

“Sure, but it will be a secret between us” Wonshik says and winks at his son. Taekwoon sequels happily.

Wonshik places the order for both of them after getting a table near the window. Taekwoon smiles happily, knowing that he will have his favourite strawberry smoothies and chocolate cake.

“How’s school?” Wonshik asks after their orders reach. Its have been a long time since he last have a sincere talk with Taekwoon. He was too busy to even spend 10 minutes properly with his son which he seriously feels sorry for it.

“Its fun! I play football with my friends! Hwannie was there too but he doesn’t like football so we build sandcastle at the sand box instead.” Taekwoon answers excitedly.

“You like Jaehwan a lot, don’t you?” Wonshik asks despite the jealousy in him.

Taekwoon nods furiously, even giggling when his father mentions the name of the younger kid. “Jaehwanie is so cute! I want to play with him forever!” Taekwoon exclaims cutely.

Wonshik chuckles at his son’s cute action. The kid always insists that he has grown up and no longer like a kid but times like this makes Wonshik feels that his son will forever be his little baby.

Two of them fall into silence. The adult checking his phone for mails and messages while the kid is enjoying the cake while looking outside the window.

“HWANNIEEEEEEE!!!” Taekwoon exclaims loudly as he sees someone familiar at the counter. The sudden loudness causes Wonshik to put down his phone and calm his son. The adult then turns around to look at the counter. He finds that Sanghyuk is choosing cakes at the counter with his son, Jaehwan in his arm.

Despite Taekwoon’s loudness, it seems that the father and kid don’t hear them, still immerse in choosing cakes and dessert.

“Sanghyuk ah” Wonshik calls with his deep voice, causing the other to finally turn and look around.

“Oh hyung” Sanghyuk greets with a smile, finally noticing that his friend is also at the café.

“Uncle!” Jaehwan also greets cheerfully after ordering his favourite cake by pointing at it.

“Let’s share the table” Wonshik says, inviting them to join him and Taekwoon as he knows that Taekwoon will be happy with it.

“Should we?” Sanghyuk asks and looks at Jaehwan in which the adorable kid nods happily.

“I want sit with Hwannie!” Taekwoon says happily.

“Sure” Sanghyuk answers with a smile and let Jaehwan sits beside Taekwoon while he sits opposite them.

“Didn’t know that you visit this café too” Wonshik comments as Hakyeon and him have been visiting this café since years ago and even more frequent after having Taekwoon but never once they come across with Sanghyuk or Hongbin.

“It’s the first time we visit here. Jaehwanie just had his swimming lesson nearby and he is hungry so I brought him here” Sanghyuk answers.

“Daddy! This cake is soooo good! Jaehwanie loves it!” Jaehwan exclaims, interrupting the adults’ conversation.

“Really?” Sanghyuk replies fondly and wipes his son’s chocolate stained face.

Taekwoon pouts at disappointment. He was so happy moment ago because Jaehwan is beside him but the younger is so immerse in the cake and not talking to him. He wants to talk or play with the younger, not just staring at the younger wordlessly.

Jaehwan finally puts down his fork and turns to the side as he feels burning stare from the other.

“Hyungie?” Jaehwan asks in confused.

Taekwoon is thinking to burst out and complain to the younger, not wanting to be ignored anymore. However, the moment when he his adorable friend with puffed and chocolate stained cheeks, he finds himself forgive the younger easily.

Taekwoon smiles at the younger and asks “is the cake nice?”

Jaehwan nods and shows the elder his toothy smile, “Ah~ hyung~ ah~” he says and offers the other his cake.

Taekwoon blushes but eats the cake wordlessly.

As much as the adults want to coo at the scene, they can’t help but jealous at the other kid. They know for sure that their wives Hakyeon and Hongbin will be cooing at their cuteness and says something like they should be in laws. However, they have different opinions from their wives. As much as they wish their sons can be best friends, they can’t imagine their sons leaving them because of love. Hongbin has been comforting Sanghyuk that Jaehwan will adore him no matter how much he likes Taekwoon but Sanghyuk wants his son to only at him.

“I guess both of us are the jealous type” Wonshik says and chuckles when he notices his friend also have the jealousy on his face.

Sanghyuk bursts out in laughter, causing the kids to look at the adult with curiosity.

The laughter ceases when Wonshik’s phone vibrates as there is a message.

Wonshik unlocks his phone and reads the message; he smiles as the message is from Hakyeon.

“We have to go now. I need to pick up Hakyeon” Wonshik says to Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk nods, “same to me, Jaehwannie will fall asleep anytime soon” he says while chuckling. Jaehwan and Taekwoon are playing with the toy cars together, while Taekwoon is all excited and happy; Jaehwan is less active and keeps yawning.

“Taekwoon, time to go. Umma is waiting for us” Wonshik says and stands up.

Taekwoon whines and protests as he wants to spend more time with Jaehwan.

“Taekwoonie~” Sanghyuk coos and pats the elder kid’s head.

“Uncle promises you that you and Jaehwannie will be having a playdate, soon. Okay?” Sanghyuk says sweetly, knowing that this will immediately soothes the elder kid.

“Really?” Taekwoon asks.

“Really.” Sanghyuk answers with a smile.

“Pinky promise!” Taekwoon says and Sanghyuk links his pinky finger with the younger.

“Hwannie! Uncle Hyukie promised that we will have playdate soon!” Taekwoon says happily to Jaehwan who is now in his father’s arms again.

“Jaehwanie can’t wait! Another playdate with hyungie!” Jaehwan says happily.


Enjoy reading! :D