Getaway

Happiness

Sanghyuk decides to take a day off after finishing several big cases on hand. As a result of taking the day off, Sanghyuk will be able rest for 3 days including the weekends with his precious family.

Although he does not need to go to work, he decides to wake up early so that he can have breakfast with his family and send his son to the kindergarten. He enters the kitchen, still wearing his pajamas. He  spots Hongbin who is busy preparing breakfast for them as well as Jaehwan’s snack to be brought together to kindergarten.

“Morning, cutie” Sanghyuk says cheerfully and retrieves a cup from the cabinet to pour himself a cup of coffee. “You should sleep more. It’s your off day. You have been so tired lately” Hongbin says and offers his husband a bite of the sandwich.

“I know but I want to spend more time with you and Jaehwan” Sanghyuk explains. Hongbin sighs but nods in agreement as he understands Sanghyuk’s intention. The younger always tries to find as much time as possible to be with them. He remembers that there was once Sanghyuk said that he regretted he had worked so hard and so much that he had missed the moment where Jaehwan first learned how to walk, how to talk, how to feed himself and more. Hongbin knows that by heart and smiles at his thoughtful husband.

“Speaking of our little angel. Go wake him up. I’m almost done with the breakfast.” Hongbin says. “Yes sir!” Sanghyuk replies immediately and runs to his son’s room.

“Babyyyyyy” Sanghyuk calls and pulls away the blanket.

Jaehwan whines as cool air in contacts with his body. “Wake up” Sanghyuk says again.

“Appa~ carry~” Jaehwan says as soon as he opens his eyes. The adult chuckles and immediately carries the kid in his arms.

After breakfast, the couple sends the kid to the kindergarten together. Sanghyuk decides to have a date with his wife before Jaehwan finishes his school.

The couple goes to the noraebang nearby, enjoying some fun times just like how they used to have. At times like this, they feel like that they are like youngsters rather than parents.

“You know, I have planned a short getaway at my parents’ beach house for this weekend” Sanghyuk says after they come out from the noraebang.

“Really?! You are the best!” Hongbin says excitedly and leans forwards to peck his husband.

“You and Jaehwannie had said that you two want to go to the beach didn’t you?” Sanghyuk says with a tone full of love. He wants to pamper his family as much as he able to.

“Our baby will be so happy” Hongbin says, already imagining Jaehwan’s excited expression in his mind.

“Are you happy?” Sanghyuk asks.

“Are you silly? Of cause I’m happy!!!!” Hongbin says and hits the younger’s arm.

“Lets go pick up our angel. It’s Friday and their class end earlier than usual” Sanghyuk says after bickers with Hongbin for a while.

“Appa!” Jaehwan exclaims loudly and runs to Sanghyuk immediately. The kid giggles happily as his father holds him up high in the air.

“Hi Taekwoonie” Hongbin greets the elder kid who is standing near them.

“Hi Uncle Hongbin, Uncle Sanghyuk” Taekwoon greets politely with a smile.

“Hakyeon hyung not here yet?” Sanghyuk asks as he lets Jaehwan stands on his own.

Taekwoon shakes his head lightly and pokes Jaehwan’s chubby cheek, in which the younger giggles in return.

“What did you two do today?” Sanghyuk crouches down and asks.

“I drew! I drew umma, appa and I, with my chopper plushie!” Jaehwan says excitedly and giggles. He then takes out a piece nicely folded drawing block out from his backpack. Sanghyuk unfolds the drawing and ruffles the kid’s hair, “You draw really well, baby” he compliments.

“Its lucky that he didn’t inherit the drawing skill from you” Hongbin mocks his husband.

“Like you are any better!” Sanghyuk replies and stucks his tongue out at his wife.

Jaehwan and Taekwoon giggle, the younger kid comment “umma and appa are so cute!”

Minutes later, Hakyeon arrives and greets them with a cheerful smile.

They bid goodbye and back to their respective home.

“Jaehwanie, appa has a surprise for you” Sanghyuk says and glances at the rear mirror, his son is playing with the teddy bear that he places in his car.

“Really? Jaehwanie like surprises!!” Jaehwan says and giggles. “Appa will bring you and umma to a beach house. You wanted to go to the beach aren’t you?” Sanghyuk reveals the surprise.

“Yes yes yes!!!! Thank you appa! I love you!!!” Jaehwan exclaims excitedly and jumps at his seats. Its is lucky that they had fastened his seatbell, if not, the excited kid will fall from his seat.

“I will start packing so that we can leave earlier and reach there before its dark” Hongbin says as soon as they reach home.

 “Can I bring chopper and my robot?” Jaehwan asks with puppy eyes and the adults coo at his cuteness.

“Of cause you can, but the most you can bring along is three things. Okay?” Hongbin asks. As much as he wants to pamper his son, he does not want Jaehwan to be a spoilt kid.

“Thank you umma~ I love you” Jaehwan says cutely and runs to his room.

“He sure knows how to use his aegyo and cuteness for good” Sanghyuk says.

“Isn’t he the cutest?” Hongbin asks instead.

“Of cause he is. He is my son” Sanghyuk says with a proud smile.

“Go look after your son. I really need to start packing now” Hongbin says and walks away.

The moment Sanghyuk enters Jaehwan’s bedroom, he almost laughs as he sees the scene in front of him.

Jaehwan is talking to those plushies on his bed. Although it sounds silly, but its so cute that Sanghyuk secretly takes his phone out to record the scene as a video.

Jaehwan arranges his plushies in a line on his bed, “Mr Chopper! Mr Shark! Mr Moo moo! Mr Dolphin! Mr Puppy! Mr Kitty! Appa is bringing me to the beach!!! Jaehwannie is so happy!!!” Jaehwan announces to his plushie and giggles happily.

“I wish I can bring all of you there. But umma only allows me to bring three toys” Jaehwan says and pouts. He then takes the chopper plushie and the toy in his arms, he plans to take another toy from the playroom.

“Mr puppy~” Jaehwan whines as he gets off from his bed. He looks at the husky plushie longingly, deciding should the husky plushie be his third toy. Yet, he wants to bring his drawing block and crayons as well. “I can’t break promise..” Jaehwan says softly, deciding that drawing block and crayons are better than the husky plushie.

Jaehwan turns around to go to the playroom. He only notices his father now. “Appa!” he greets cheerfully. Sanghyuk smiles and stops the recording as Jaehwan’s mini drama has ended.

“You are bringing these?” Sanghyuk asks and points at toy and plushie in the kid’s hand.

“Yes! And I’m going to bring my crayons and drawing block too!” Jaehwan answers.

“Alright. Appa needs to go to the washroom. After getting your things, go look for umma, okay?” Sanghyuk says and the kid nods.

About one and half hour later, the family finally gets ready to leave for their short getaway.

Jaehwan is bouncing on his seat when they are on the way. He can’t wait to be at the beach. He wants to build sand castle, collect sea shells, plays with the water.

After a while, the kid starts to feel tired and sleepy.

“Our baby is asleep” Hongbin says and his long hand reaching the back seat and covers his son with a small blanket.

“He has to take his nap isn’t he?” Sanghyuk asks and Hongbin hums.

Soon, they reach their destination. Hongbin looks at his watch and decides to let Jaehwan to sleep for a while more before waking him up. He always thinks that nap and sleep are important for kids. He carries his son carefully and enter the beach house, places the kid softly on the couch, letting Sanghyuk to settle their luggage first.

The couple spends some time to settle their luggage in the room, not knowing that Jaehwan already awake. Jaehwan sits up and glances around, he finds that he is in an unknown location and his parents are not around him. He hugs the chopper plushie closes to him and starts to cry, feeling afraid.

The couple immediately runs to the living room as they hear someone is crying.

Hongbin carries Jaehwan in his arm immediately, wipes away Jaehwan’s tear with his sleeve.

“What happened?” Sanghyuk asks in worry.

“Jaehwannie is scared. Jaehwannie does not want to be left alone. Appa and umma not here when I woke up” Jaehwan says after he calms down.

The couple feels guilty immediately as they know that Jaehwan is always afraid of being alone in an unfamiliar environment. The kid will cry or tremble when its worse.

“Umma is sorry. Umma should have be with you” Hongbin apologizes and pecks his son’s forehead.

Sanghyuk who does not want to see his son to stay upset, immediately changes the mood by saying, “Since our little prince is awake, lets go to the beach!”. Jaehwan’s eyes and mood brighten in a second at the announcement.

After changing into comfortable clothes, the family runs to the beach. They are enjoying a pleasant time, splashing water at each other, non stop giggling. Hongbin and Jaehwan even team up together to splash water at Sanghyuk with the small bucket that they prepared for the kid.

After having a water war for about 30 minutes, Jaehwan runs off to play with the sand, he says that he wants to build a sand castle. The adults are left to be alone at the water. Hongbin decides to have some fun time with Sanghyuk but keep glancing at his son to ensure the kid’s safety.

“Umma~” Jaehwan whines after playing alone for a while. Hongbin looks at his son and finds that Jaehwan is pouting, he chuckles and says “Our baby is looking for me. I need to go to him”. Sanghyuk pouts but follow Hongbin as well.

“I don’t know how to build sand castle” Jaehwan says before the adults have any chance to ask a question.

“Oh. No problem. Appa is an expert for that!” Sanghyuk says proudly but Hongbin looks at him suspiciously.

True to his words, with Sanghyuk’s help and assistance, a beautiful sand castle is built and Jaehwan’s eyes shine brightly.

“Jaehwannie wants to live in this big big castle with appa and umma!” Jaehwan says with a wide smile.

“My queen” Sanghyuk says and pecks Hongbin forwards then leans downwards “My little price” he says and pecks Jaehwan.

I made a good a decision to have a short getaway with my family, Sanghyuk thinks as Jaehwan and Hongbin are laughing happily besides him. 


Enjoy reading :D