Summer break

Happiness

"Ummaaaaaaaaaaa" Taekwoon whines as he enters the kitchen. Hakyeon is currently busy reading some recipe via phone while noting down some notes. As the mother is busy and focusing, he actually ignores his son unknowingly. In which this leads to the kid to pout and decides to attract the adult's attention in a more aggressive way.

The kid decides to the seat which is opposite to his mother. He then knocks the table lightly. He huffs as there is still no reply. He then reaches out to snatch the mobile phone away from his mother's hand. 

"Taekwoon?" Hakyeon blurts, still not getting what happened. He only knows that he is busy browsing some recipes and out of sudden his phone is out of his hand. 

"You are ignoring me!" Taekwoon complains and huffs. 

Hakyeon laughs lightly as his son grumbles and complains. Taekwoon seldom grumbles like this so it might be something important. Or. At least it is important for the kid. Hakyeon then walks over and let his son sits on his lap.

"I'm sorry baby. Umma was a little occupied just now" Hakyeon apologizes and ruffles his son's soft hair. Taekwoon hums and leans in as the touch is soothing and comfortable. 

"So may I know what is bothering you?" Hakyeon asks gently. Taekwoon looks up and push his mother's hand away gently, causing the adult to look at him curiously.

Taekwoon looks up at his mother and starts his talking, "Its summer break now....". Hakyeon nods, showing that he is listening despite he not sure the direction of the converstion leading to. Taekwoon takes a breath and continues "it has been a long time I lasw saw Jaehwanie and I miss him! Can't we go his house?" he whines at the end of the question. 

Hakyeon laughs, so this is what bothering him. Sometimes Hakyeon finds that its funny that his son likes the other kid so much. He even thinks that he shouldn't be shocked if one day Taekwoon asks whether he can keep Jaehwan to himself.

"Buddy. Its just a week since you two last met and they have backed to their hometown" Hakyeon says, remembering that Sanghyuk actually told him that they will be going back to their hometown. Taekwoon huffs and comes up with another question "when are they coming back?". The kid pouts sadly, thinking that he might not get to meet Jaehwan throughout the summer break.

Hakyeon sighs, he feels like he shouldn't bother the other family's holidays but he can't stand his son's dejected face. "Let me call Unlce Hongbin and see when they will be back, okay?" he says and the kid immediately brightens up and runs to the living to get his mother's mobile phone. 

Hakyeon chuckles and starts dialing.

"Hey.. How's your summer break so far?"

"Just wanna know whether you have been back because Taekwoon here is missing Jaehwan" Hakyeon explains the purpose of the phone call, causing Hongbin to laugh while Taekwoon blushes due to shyness.

"Sure. See you soon" Hakyeon then hangs up the phone after few minutes of talking.

"Is Jaehwan back already? Can we go his house? Can I go play with him?" Taekwoon throws a lot of questions the moment Hakyeon places his phone on the dining table.

"Slow down boy." Hakyeon chuckles, its rarely that his son gets so aggreessive. "Baby.. They are still at their hometown, which is few hours away from here" Hakyeon says, Taekwoon pouts and sighs, feels both disappointed and dejected. 

Hakyeon laughs, this kid....

"But..." Hakyeon continues and Taekwoon immediately looks up. 

"They will be coming back few days later. Uncle Hongbin says they will drop by for a visit as they have some souvenirs for us as well.." Hakyeon finishes his sentence, looks at his boy lovingly, wants to know what will be the boy's reaction.

"Really?!" Taekwoon asks excitedly and Hakyeon replies with a nod. 

"YESSSSSSS!" Taekwoon shouts and runs to his room. 

"Don't run! And why you suddenly so rush?" Hakyeon warns his son and feel curious about his son's sudden action.

"I need to plan what game to play when Jaehwan is here!" Taekwoon replies with a giggle. 

Hakyeon just shakes his head and continues his search for their dinner's recipe.