Christmas

Happiness

--At Hyukbin’s house--

“Mommy~” Jaehwan whines as he hugs Hongbin who is busy cooking.

“Jaehwannie~ Mommy is busy now. Go play with daddy” Hongbin replies. Its true, he has been busy since morning, from wrapping presents to cleaning to cooking. They have invited Wonshik’s family to come over to spend the Christmas together. This is the first time they celebrate it with other family, he wants it to be perfect, and nothing should go wrong on this beautiful day.

“I know! Just wanna tell you I love you mommy!!” Jaehwan exclaims then runs off while giggling.

Hongbin chuckles at his cute son. Jaehwan does inherit those sweet talk from Sanghyuk, his husband who non stop sweet talking to him when they are alone. He is really glad that he has such a sweet son. Jaehwan is so cute and adorable that sometimes he wishes Jaehwan will never grow up.

“Daddy! Lets play!” Jaehwan announces happily as he joins his father in the living room. Sanghyuk puts down his phone immediately and carry his son high up in the air.

“Daddy! Its tickles!” Jaehwan laughs loudly while Sanghyuk is tickling him madly.

“Okay. What do you want to play?” Sanghyuk asks after Jaehwan gains his breath and settles down.

“Hmmm~ Jaehwannie wants to play with snow!” Jaehwan says while pointing at the yard which covers with snow.

Sanghyuk wants to agree with his son immediately but he is afraid that Jaehwan will catch a cold. The kid is rather weak since born and can easily catch a cold. He doesn’t want his son to fall sick.

“Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy” Jaehwan whines and pouts, pleading with his puppy eyes.

Sanghyuk sighs but nods, which earn a loud sequel from the kid. Playing a while in the snow doesn’t hurt, he thinks.

“I will be at the yard, Jaehwannie want to play with the snow” Sanghyuk says to Hongbin before leaving.

“Hyukie, its too cold” Hongbin says, a sign that he is disagree with the plan.

“I will dress him up properly, okay? Don’t worry. We will get back in if its get too cold” Sanghyuk assures Hongbin who is still worry.

Hongbin nods, “Alright, make sure our little baby is warm” he says and continues cooking. He smiles as everything is almost done, just need to bake a cake and some ginger bread then it will be completed and perfect.

Sanghyuk circles the scarf securely around Jaehwan’s neck. He smiles and takes out his phone to take a picture of it. Jaehwan looks so freaking adorable, half of face buries in the scarf, slightly red nose with rosy cheeks.

“Let’s play!” Sanghyuk announces as he opens the door.

“Yayyyyy!” Jaehwan shouts happily and runs towards the thick layer of snow. He giggles happily as he gathers some of the snow with his small hands.

“Attack!” he shouts and throws it at his father.

Sanghyuk louds and joins in the war but purposely makes smaller snowballs so that they will not hurt Jaehwan in the midst of game.

“My big baby and little baby! Its time to come in!” Hongbin says as he opens the door. It has been almost an hour both his favourite boys out in the cold and he is getting worry that they might catch a cold.

Jaehwan whines and pouts as he still wants to play. He has been so excited from the moment he wakes up from the bed when he sees there is a thick layer of snow at their yard.

“I have prepared hot chocolate with lots of marshmallow in it” Hongbin says. Jaehwan perks up at the mention of his favourite drink, immediately puts down the snowball in his hands and runs to Sanghyuk, asking the adult to carry him. Sanghyuk obeys easily and carries his son, joining his wife at the living room.

“Yum yum!” Jaehwan says happily as he sips the hot drinks. He loves chocolate a lot to a point that he doesn’t mind having chocolate all day everyday.

“Lets have a hot bath and change. Hakyeon hyung them will be arriving soon” Hongbin says after checking his phone for the time.

 

--At Navi’s house--

“Appa! Umma! It’s morning!!” Taekwoon announces with his unusual loud voice and jumps on the bed, launching on his father.

Since Wonshik is a heavy sleeper, he shows no sign to wake up despite having his son on top of him. Taekwoon smiles a little when he sees Hakyeon is waking up from the sleep.

“Taekwoonie, morning” Hakyeon greets sleepily.

“Morning umma!” Taekwoon replies energetically.

“You seem happy” Hakyeon comments and pinches his son’s cheek.

“Yes! It’s Christmas and I will see Hwannie later” Taekwoon answers.

Hakyeon smiles at his happy son, he then leaves the room with Taekwoon, leaving Wonshik to sleep in for a while more.

“Is pancake good?” Hakyeon asks Taekwoon who is standing beside him, wanting to help in preparing breakfast.

“Yes! With lots of strawberry and cream please!” Taekwoon answers, already imagining the wonderful texture of pancake with his favourite strawberry and cream on it.

Hakyeon chuckles and nods, start getting all the ingredients ready on the counter before he starts.

Wonshik finally wakes up and joins them when they are almost done preparing with the breakfast.

“Morning appa!” Taekwoon greets. Wonshik smiles and pecks his son’s nose.

After having their breakfast, the family gets ready to leave and go to the mall. They have to do some last minute shopping for Christmas gift. Hakyeon has wanted to do it much earlier in the week since he doesn’t like things to be rushed but Wonshik insists that he wants to shop together and he only has his day off on this very day.

“Have you decided what to buy?” Wonshik asks Hakyeon as he is driving.

“Yea. I have thought about it” Hakyeon says, he has a habit of making a list or plan before he goes to shopping so that it will save more time and be more efficient.

“What do you want to get for Jaehwan?” Wonshik asks Taekwoon who is singing along those carols in his seat.

“Hwannie says he likes plushie and chocolate! Can I get both for him?” Taekwoon asks excitedly, he can’t wait to see the bright smile on the younger’s face when he opens the present. He is super duper happy since last week as his father received a phone call from Sanghyuk who invited them to their house for dinner on Christmas. He is satisfied that Sanghyuk has fulfilled the promise which will set up a playdate for him and Jaehwan, too.

 “Of cause you can” Wonshik says affectionately, he will agree with his son everything as long as he is able to fulfill it.

After shopping for few hours, they are finally done with the last minute shopping. Wonshik brings them to a café to have some hot drinks to warm them up.

“Time to go. Taekwoonie needs to take his nap” Hakyeon says after checking the time. Taekwoon whines as he still wants to spend some time with his parents but Hakyeon’s stern look makes him quiet.

Taekwoon straight goes to his room the moment they back home. Although he protests that he does not want to take his nap, but he falls asleep when they are on their way back.

“Do you think I should bake some cupcakes?” Hakyeon asks Wonshik who is watching television at the living room.

“I thought Hongbin says that they will take care of the food?” Wonshik asks in confusion as he remembers that Sanghyuk them have insisted that they don’t have to prepare anything for the dinner as Hongbin will handle everything.

“I know. But I think it will be better if we contribute at least a bit” Hakyeon says.

“Alright. Do you need my help?” Wonshik offers instead.

Hakyeon laughs and shakes his head, “No thanks. Your knowledge about cooking is even worse than Taekwoon”

Wonshik whines and pouts, decides that watching television is better than being teased by his wife.

--That evening--

Jaehwan has changed into the outfits that Hongbin has bought online. The family is currently watching some animation with the kid non stop laughing while waiting for their guests to arrive.

“Everything is ready?” Sanghyuk asks in which Hongbin nods with a smile. Hongbin has checked everything and satisfied with the results.

“Mommy~ my feet are cold~” Jaehwan whines and points at his feet which are not covered with socks.

“Why didn’t you wear the socks for you son?” Hongbin asks with an upset tone to Sanghyuk.

“I thought it wasn’t necessary as he just came out from a warm bath” Sanghyuk argues as he himself is perfectly fine with the temperature without socks.

“Sorry baby. Daddy will bring you your socks” Sanghyuk immediately as Hongbin glares at him.

“Come here baby” Hongbin says and hugs Jaehwan, checking his son’s temperature as well.

“here” Sanghyuk approaches his son and helps him wears the socks.

“Forgive daddy okay? Give daddy a kiss.” Sanghyuk apologizes with a smile and Jaehwan immediately goes to his father’s arm and kiss his father.

The doorbell rings and Jaehwan perks up at that. The family goes to the door to welcome their guests.

“Hyung!” Sanghyuk greets happily.

“Hi! Merry Christmas!!” Hakyeon says cheerfully with a bright smile.

“Hwannie!” Taekwoon greets happily and hugs Jaehwan, leaving those nice wrapped presents on the floor.

“This kid” Wonshik says and picks up those neglected presents.

“Come in~ its too cold to stay outdoor” Hongbin says and welcomes all of them.

“Lets start eating before the food get cold” Hongbin says and leads all of them to the dining table.

“Wow. You cook really well” Wonshik comments as he sees the feast on the table.

“It looks yummy!” Taekwoon adds.

“Mommy always cooks nice food!” Jaehwan praises his mother as well.

“Well. Thanks for all the compliments. Lets sit” Hongbin says with a shy smile.

As Taekwoon wishes, he sits beside Jaehwan. He can see that his best friend’s eyes shine brightly at those delicious foods in front of them.

“Mommy! Jaehwanie wants chicken!” Jaehwan requests with a bright smile.

“Buddy, this is turkey” Hongbin corrects his son and gives the kid a big piece of the meat.

“Turkey?” Jaehwan asks curiously, it looks like chicken for him.

“Hwannie~ its different! We usually eat turkey on Christmas!” Taekwoon turns and explains to the confused kid.

Jaehwan tilts his head but still nods with a bright smile, deciding that it doesn’t matter whether its chicken or turkey as long as it tastes nice.

After the dinner, the adults chat in the living room while the kids play at the playroom.

“Hyungie~ Jaehwanie has something shows you” Jaehwan says and leaves the playroom to go his own bedroom.

Jaehwan enters the playroom minutes later, holding a big plushie which is almost as tall as himself.

“Hyungie! Let me introduce you! He is Chopper! My favourite plushie!!” Jaehwan says cheerfully as he shows the elder the plushie.

“Its so cute! Like you!” Taekwoon exclaims as he holds the plushie.

Jaehwan smiles shyly and plays with toy car that he left earlier to distract himself.

“Boys! Time to exchange presents” Hongbin calls from the living room. Both the kids immediately put the toys away and rush to the living room, holding each other’s hand tightly.

“Yes! Rudolph!” Jaehwan says happily and hugs the new plushie which is a gift from Taekwoon tightly close to himself.

“Do you like it?” Taekwoon asks anxiously, it is the first time he choose present for someone else other than his own parents. On top of that, its for Jaehwan, in which he wishes he can impress the younger.

“I love it! Thank you hyungie!!!” Jaehwan says, putting down the plushie and hugs the elder tightly.

Taekwoon blushes and returns the hug. He then unwraps the present which he receives from Jaehwan.

“Jaehwan has spent a lot of time choosing it” Hongbin adds.

“And I’m jealous of that” Sanghyuk says and pouts, which causes all the adults to laugh loudly.

Taekwoon’s eyes brighten as he looks into the box. There are a greeting card with some messy drawing and a waterproof drawstring bag. He smiles at the bag, knowing that younger chose it because he has complained before that the current one has worn out after using for two years continuously.

“Hyungie! Do you like it? I chose them myself!!” Jaehwan says excitedly.

“I love them! Thank you Hwannie!” Taekwoon says and ruffles the younger’s hair.                                                                

“You two are so cute! Let’s take a photo!” Hakyeon says and pulls out his phone. The kids stick together and pose for the photo.

“I think it’s a good idea to celebrate Christmas together” Wonshik says after they settle everything.

“I know right. The kids have fun too” Sanghyuk says.

“Although its puppy love but I hope they end up together. They are so cute!” Hakyeon sequels as he sees Taekwoon is fixing the Jaehwan’s Christmas hat while Jaehwan is blushing madly due to the close contact.

“Don’t say something like that!” both Sanghyuk and Wonshik chorus, obviously do not like the idea that their sons are pairing up with other.

“Can you two stop? They are pure and innocent. Why you two always think so negatively?” Hongbin says in frustration. He is tired of seeing both of them being jealous of each other son.

“Stop what?” both the kids ask together with an innocent smile on their faces.

“Nothing” both the fathers immediately reply in which Hongbin and Hakyeon shake their heads instead.

Both the kids only nod and continue playing with the toys.

“Thank you for inviting us over. It’s really fun” Wonshik says when its time for them to leave.

“Thanks for coming too! It’s our first time to invite someone over for Christmas and it’s really nice” Hongbin replies politely.

“Hyungie going home now?” Jaehwan asks with a pout.

“Yes little prince. Taekwoonie has to go home” Sanghyuk says and pats his son’s head.

“But Jaehwanie still want to play with hyungie!” Jaehwan whines and reaches out to hold Taekwoon’s hand.

Taekwoon smiles at the younger. Usually, he is the one who says he doesn’t want to go, it is the first time that the younger is the one who wants him stay.

“I promise you two will meet up real soon, okay?” Wonshik says and crouches down so that he is at the same height as the kid.

“Promise?” Jaehwan asks innocently.

Wonshik nods, “I promise”.

Jaehwan smiles and nods then steps forward to hug the adult.

“Thank you Uncle Wonshik!” he says cutely and pecks the adult’s cheek.

“Oh my gosh! You are so damn cute” Wonshik says and pinches the kid’s cheek, starting to understand why his son so fond of this kid.

“See you soon. Goodnight” Hakyeon says before they get into their car.

“My prince~ are you happy today?” Sanghyuk asks fondly to his son who is now his arms, playing with his nose again.

Jaehwan nods furiously and replies enthusiastically, “yes! Jaehwanie is so happy! I love you daddy!”

“What about me?” Hongbin asks, looking at his son with a fake sad look.

“I love mommy the most!” Jaehwan exclaims and goes into Hongbin’s arms instead.

“You little traitor!” Sanghyuk says and tickles the kid.

The night ends with laughter and happiness and Jaehwan can’t wait for the next Christmas.


Enjoy reading! :D