Let's not waste this moment

Love letters in 1994

August 20, 1994

 

    Yuta looked at the clock on the classroom wall and sighed. "Is Taeyong late again?" he mumbled throwing his head back in annoyance. It was always like Taeyong to be late everyday. Doyoung chuckled turning his head to Yuta. "he should be coming in 1...2...3" they both looked at the door excepting Taeyong to come running in and perhaps falling on something on his way to seat but there was nothing.  

Yuta heard the door open and turned around only to see Hansol coming into the classroom. He will admit that a wave a disappointment came over him. Hansol smiled at yuta making his way towards him.  "hey Yuta, where is Taeyong?" hansol looked around the classroom with a confused face. "he's probably late again or ditching" Yuta replied while giving hansol a small smile. Hansol bowed and sat at his seat. Yuta noticed how great hansol smiled today and how beautiful he looked he couldn't stop looking at him.  

 

Taeyong never showed up for class which made not only Yuta worry but the rest of their friends. 

Once they got out of school they went to Taeyong's house. Jaehyun knocked on the door four times before anyone answered it. 

Me. Lee opened the door with such force and was about to yell until he saw it was his son's friends. He smiled warmly at the boys. "come in boys" they entered the house one by one bowing at Mr. Lee as they came in. 

The boys stop smiling after they saw Mrs. Lee crying on the floor holding Taeyong's legs like she was preventing him from something. 

Taeyong's eyes meant ours and then looked down. He pulled away from his mother "I'll see you during my senior year mama" The boys looked at Mrs. Lee and Taeyong confused. 

Then they all noticed that Taeyong is wearing a military outfit. Jaehyun is the first one to speak up.  "Taeyong do you mind explaining this?" we all nodded agreeing with Jaehyun. Taeyong pointed to his room.  "wait for me" Taeyong replied in a serious tone. It shocked Yuta because Taeyong always joked around and was always playful with others now he didn't look like the Lee Taeyong he knew.... It made Taeyong y for some reason. 

They all sat on the floor waiting for Taeyong to come in. Ten was the first to break the silence. Is he being sent to the military?" Ten asked with a worried looked on his face. All of us went pale. "hopefully not" Taeil whispered under his breath. 

Taeyong came in bowing at all of us. "My actions have no excuses at all therefore I am being sent to military school where I will to become a proper Korean men and restore my families honor that I have ruined" Jaehyun slammed his hands down looking at Taeyong in a way none of them never seen him look at Taeyong. It was love? Fear? Sadness? Betrayal? Or was it all in one?. Taeyong wasn't the most attractive one in their group he wasn't attractive at all to be honest.  

Taeyong looked down and bowed at us "I'll be going you guys" Jaehyun grabbed Taeyong's arm "how long did you know you were leaving? This is only freshman year and you're already leaving?!" Jaehyun yelled causing all to jump. We've never seen him like this usually he's calm but in this situation he looked like he was close to tears.  Taeyong pushed Jaehyun's hand off of his arm "I'm sorry Jaehyun...ill come back in senior year I promise" he gave up at arguing with Taeyong then nodded. 

Taeyong smiled at us waving out the window. Yuta in the first time felt alone his best friend was not by his side for the first time. 

 

Yuta went home with a heavy heart, he locked himself in my room and pulled out his 'letters'. These letters are made for his crush which was hansol. Yuta wrote about everything that he was feeling. 

'Maybe I'll get to read these to Taeyong when he gets back so we can laugh about how cheesy I was while writing these letters' Yuta thought to himself 

 

December 25, 1994 

Often Yuta would get letters from Taeyong telling me how hard it is in military school and how he misses us.  Honestly it sounds like he's having fun there I just hope the best for him.  

Today was Christmas this year Taeyong won't be home nor spending Christmas with them but he did wish the group the best Christmas and told Yuta to confess to Hansol.Yuta

Yuta got dressed in his regular clothes and smiled at himself. Yuta had to look good for hansol. Everytime he thought of him yuta's heart raced. 

Yuta grabbed my jacket and ran out the door, he got to Jaehyun's house in time to eat and watch Christmas movies. He was sitting next to hansol which made him sweet the whole time even though the room was actually cold. 

Hansol turned to Yuta smiling at him brightly. "Yuta can we talk?" he nodded slowly, for some reason yuta couldn't speak he was getting nervous. Hansol grabbed his hand dragging him into Jaehyun's room. He felt a pair of soft lips crash Into his then he realized it was hansol's without hesitation yuta kissed back softly. Hansol's lips felt good against his. He loved the way Hansol's lips matches with his. 

They held hands while walking out of Jaehyun's room. Everyone started cheering when they saw them. Johnny smiled "Taeyong would be the most happy that you are finally dating" a wave of sadness came over yuta then he smiled at Johnny nodding his head slowly. "speaking of Taeyong...." Taeil started, everyone turned their attention to him. "He's going into war they needed troops from his military school to fight so they picked him" everyone was in complete shock.

Taeyong....could possibly die. Doyoung did a sad smile. "I'm sure he'll be okay guys........lets just watch the movie" no one said anything else. They were all trapped in their own thoughts, they were all scared for Taeyong. They were hoping that he'll be okay and not get hurt. 

That night Yuta cried his heart out he felt like his heart had been stabbed multiple times. How could Taeyong do this to him?. 

 

October 3, 1997

Taeyong's mom and dad invited Yuta over. He noticed its not the same. It was gloomy Taeyong's parents don't even smile anymore usually they stay in the house so he was surprised to get an invitation by them to eat at their house. 

Taeyong's moms eyes brighten all of a sudden. I could tell she had some good news. "Yuta.." I turned to Mrs. Lee and smiled back at her "Taeyong is coming home for good in November, how about you and the boys throw a party with him?" yuta felt so happy inside when he heard Taeyong was coming back from the war and military school.  "yeah we'll throw him a special party if he's up for it" Mrs. Lee nodded and went back to eating her rice. 

All the guys cheered once yuta told them the good news. "we haven't seen Taeyong in four years! I wonder if he looks the same" Ten stated earning nods from everyone around him.  "yeah it would be nice to see that ugly face again, I really miss it" Everyone awed at what Jaehyun said. He glared at everyone and then started to laugh. "Taeyong is like an older brother that I never want to lose... He was the only one who took care of us" it was true Taeyong did take card of them like they were all his sons. 

 

Hansol sat on Yuta's lap giving him a kiss on the cheek.  "finally Taeyong is coming back to us"