Heart of Seoul

Love letters in 1994

August 19, 1994 

 

       Yuta saw Jaehyun turn the other way trying not to laugh. Almost all there friends were trying hard not to laugh at Taeyong getting hit by his dad for having bad grades. This happens everyday so it wasn't a big deal.  

Taeyong's mom came out of the kitchen with a spoon smiling at us her smile soon drops after she sees what's happening. She started beating her husband with the spoon.  "Yah! Taeyong is still a growing child! Leave him alone you old Seoul man" 

All of us laughed at what's happening. His father starred at her with wide eyes. "I knew we should have raised our child in Busan, but no Seoul is way much better than Busan" she huffed walking back into the kitchen. 

Taeyong's dad threw down his report card glaring at him before walking away. We laughed once his dad was out of hearing range. 

"Man you were about to get cooked" Jaehyun teased Taeyong, which earned more laughs from us. "I did get cooked" Taeyong said in a matter of fact voice then threw a pillow at Jaehyun. 

Taeyong stood up "let's go somewhere" we all looked at each other. "didn't your dad say not to go out until your grades are up?" Taeil asked looking nervous. Everyone nodded. "I'll pay for food" once Taeyong said that everyone ran out that door except Yuta.  

Trying rolled his eyes at Yuta "why are you not out the door?" Yuta looked around nervously he was to good for Taeyong's bad choices. "well... Your father did say stay here" 

Taeyong rolled his while grabbing Yuta's hand and running out the door with him. They could both hear the screams Taeyong's father was doing. They stopped at Mrs. Kang's restaurant. She was a nice 50 year old woman who sometimes would give us free food. 

Once Yuta walked into the restaurant he blushed. His crush hansol was sitting with Taeyong and his friends.  "look at you blushing" Taeyong teased poking Yuta's cheek before joining their friends. 

Hansol smiled at Yuta once he saw him making a signal with his hands for him to join the group. Yuta sat next to hansol. His heart was about to shoot right out of his chest during the whole meal hansol's hand brushed against Yuta's and sometimes hansol will turn to yuta smiling at him.  

Yuta looked across at the table to see Taeyong smirking at him. Good god he wanted to smack Taeyong so hard right now. He knew I would act this way and he especially knew I had a deep crush on hansol. 

This was the best day of my life and worst. My best is sitting next to hansol I've never been this close to him and my worse was Taeyong smirking at me across the table. 

 I noticed Taeyong wasn't smirking at me after a little while. He wasn't even at his seat.  I looked around but no sign of him.  I tapped Ten's Doyoung's foot from under the table. He turned to me giving me a confused look. "where is Taeyong" I mouthed, Doyoung shrugged looking around. 

Johnny noticed us and laughed. "if you guys are looking for Taeyong he's over there" Johnny pointed his chopsticks to another seat. Yuta saw Taeyong sitting next to a girl with her head on his right shoulder. Yuta has never seen that girl let alone has never heard of anything about a girl from Taeyong. 

Yuta frowned once he saw that. Not because he was sad for Taeyong ditching them just because Taeyong never really tells him anything even though they are best friends.  

 

Yuta saw Taeyong kissing the girls forehead before getting back into the restaurant. He put a forceful smile on to Taeyong acting as if nothing happened. 

"Taeyong hyung, who was the girl you were with?" Mark and Jaehyun asked at the same time. Taeyong was taken aback from this question. Then he smiled lazily. "that was Go ara noona...you know the one I've been talking about but you guys don't listen" all of the boys looked at each other before realizing that Taeyong did tell them about that girl they weren't paying attention to him. 

Ten smirked at Taeyong. "is she your lover? Do you see her as a woman?" Taeyong choked on his drink trying to avoid everyone's eyes. "I think it would be great to buy a movie so we can watch that action movie" forgetting about the question everyone cheered while walking threw the doors of the restaurant. 

Yuta was walking next to hansol but when he saw Taeyong walking behind their group of friends while looking down on the ground smiling he could not help but feel curious about what's going on in his best friends mind. 

 

Jaehyun's room was surprisingly neat and organized. Who know that Jaehyun could be a clean freak like Taeyong?. 

During the whole movie Taeyong kept playing with his hands looking like he was thinking hard about something. Most times he would watch little parts of the movie so no one would think something was wrong with him but be sensed Yuta already knew something was up with him.

Taeyong's eyes widen then he grabbed his jacket bowing at everyone. "I'm sorry guys I have to meet someone, I'll see you tomorrow at school I promise" he did a big smile and ran out the door. 

'That was weird' Yuta thought to himself. Then they could all hear a sudden. "GO ARA NOONA I'M COMING" it was Taeyong yelling while running outside.  Yuta can feel his face turn red from being pissed.  

Taeyong ditched them for the same girl again. Well.... Yuta can't be mad at him if it was hansol he would leave anyone and go to him in a heart beat. 

In the corner of his eye yuta can see Johnny and hansol smiling while playing around. He frowned. His friend and his crush were being all touchy and playful.  

Yuta can see Ten making a pissed off face. Finally he got up grabbing his bag and mumbling "I'll see you guys tomorrow" everyone looked at him confused. I'm his way out he slammed the door which wasn't normal for Ten to do he is usual happy and calm right now he was pissed and so was I.  

 

When the movie was over we all got up and left to our houses. In Taeyong's house you could hear his father yelling at him. 

Yuta laughed before walking into his house that was next doors to Taeyong. This night Taeyong wasn't in his room. Even when yuta tried to call his name threw his window there was still no Taeyong. Yuta closed his window sighing. That boy is going to be in deep .