Love is in the air ( not me tho)

The short one.

Love is in the air ( not me tho)

I drop my car key on the coffee table and before I even take my phone off my handbag, a cute waiter appears before me. I smile upon her. ‘Seulgi’. Her nametag says so.

“ Yes miss, can I take your order?”   She smiles as I flips the menu pages. I guess she’s new. I’m a regular here.

“ Yes, sky juice for now, and tomato salad. I will wait for my friends first.” She nodded as another waiter come to say hi with plain water in her hand. This is one of my fav kid in the café.

“ You’re late dongsaeng ah.” She chuckles as she places the glass in front of me.

“ Not as late as your pretty clan.” I made a sad face.

“ I know right. I always be the first to reach tho. Thanks Joy. Tell seulgi to keep calm, she’s freaking nervous.” Joy left  and I’m all left alone.

Stars café is sure not as big as  other coffee big chains like Sarbucks but I love to be here. Found this place when we started our first year in S university and become a regular since that. I glance at my phone few times. Almost six pm.

A message appear on the screen.

Shorty Jung.- I might be late don’t wait just eat first. I can eat at neorabang later.

Argh. Why again this shorty late? I have this feeling that this have to do with a man named Kim Hanbin.

Another message come in

Sassy Jung – Come in five seconds.

As I close the message, I see a black mini cooper drops her down in front of the café, there the pincess Jung. The driver drops down the car’s down for seconds, and I can see Kim Jongin waving his hand to me. Hi Jongin! The car was gone and now she’s sitting in front of me, nagging on she was late because jongin was too late to pick her up.

“ I told ya you should bought a car princess. He might be overseas soon as they are rising very well now.” I mean the band he’s in.

“ Nope. By the way, there’s a gig tomorrow near S university, let’s go? I can introduce you to some of the band members. I mean u might like one of them and yeah you know.” She intensely trying to convince me as another member of the clan come.

“ Ssup girls. I heard that you’re talking about handsome guys can u introduce me one?” I laugh out loud with Krystal. Nana pouts as she’s taking her seat.

“ Why are u laughing at me?” We continue to laugh as Seulgi come back for the order.

“ Yeah. Seulgi, you can take the order now because Jung is coming late.”

6.30 pm.

“ where’s shorty anyway?” Nana asks in the middle of the dinner.

“ No clues.” I say as I savor the black pepper sauce chicken in front of me. She turns to Krystal waiting for a response.

“ Maybe. I just said maybe it’s Kim Hanbin again.” Krystal say and we burst into laugh again.

“ Just right. Just on point princess.”

We have nothing againt Hanbin by the way, but Yoojung always finds faults at him. I forgot to introduce this man to you guys, he’s yoojung best friend since high school. We never tell Yeonjung but we always know that they are not platonic, but more too, clueless-ly in love kind of relationship. You know, that kind of , you can see stars and hearts shooting at each other while they are talking, but no one ever try to confess or talk about it. I find it very depressing for audience like me, Nana and Krystal whenever Hanbin joins us in hangout.

Everyone is enjoying the dinner and here comes another question from Krystal.

“ So ladies, in for gig tomorrow? I need to tell Jongin to save us few seats.” Her eyes on her phone, texting to the beloved one I guess.

“ In. With Jae.” Nana says confidently as she sips her orange juice. I’m still thinking.

“ No need to think girl, I know you got no plans, single lady.” Nana push my forehead lightly as I scream (faking it).

“ Argh don’t be too loud everyone knows the fact.” I said as I faking sobbing in front of them. Krystal come to my side quickly and hugging me closely to her shoulder.

“ Don’t be sad baby, love is always there waiting for you.” With her teasing tone, I burst into smile.

“Thanks princess for supporting me. Unfriend Nana for two minutes.” I said as I walk to the ladies. Nana and Krystal was laughing behind me.

Seriously I can’t even imagine a life without these girls, even mom have said this before.

“If I don’t know you, I would say that you like girls, because you stick to them like a glue.”

No offense, people called me lesbo many times, I don’t even care, I just love my girls. That’s all. People even be more curious why I never had a bf when I have study in the dominated –men department for four years, and have been working in engineering world for already for years. Simple and easy, no one caught my eyes.

I have nothing against man, I surely like them.

 

 

 

Krystal POV

“She basically have everything except a man.” Nana nods and she adds.

“ She’s taller than us all, most beautiful, most modest, the richest.”

Yoojung appears in front of café looks  a bit haggard than usual, wearing a not very cheerful expression, which totally opposite of her character. The most cheerful of the clan. She takes a seat and sigh.

“ Another bad day, Sorry guys I’m super late.” Nana slowly leaning to her and asks.

“ Why shorty why?” In her most supposed to be sweet tone. Aih this surgeon.

“ Hanbin gets into hospital because he’s  having a super bad fever and he doesn’t even tell until Jinwon actually call me.” Aahhh. I smile upon then answer.

“ So you’re worried that your bff would be sick like forever, it just a fever dear. Ask the doctor here if there would be bad effects of fever?” I try not to smile Yoojung turns to Nana with sad look.

“ Nothing bad would happen right?” Nana squints her eyes and fakingly-think hard.

“ Let me think, there might be some bad effects.” She says seriously and shorty face become more gloomy than before. I push Nana shoulder a bit.

“ Stop scaring her. Enough. Nothing will happen to your bff. Order something to eat. We have a lot to do tonight.”

 

Nana POV

Jay comes after like 10 minutes and i bet she had a bad stomach day. Jeon jay is the real queen tho, queen of eating , queen of everything. She already finish a salad when I reach the café and now she’s ordering another desert.

“Cheesecake, on me.” Jay saids. Krystal pouts, as I knows she’s on diet, but I knows also she will eat.

“Surely you have so much money to spend on us.” She smiles.

“Perks of being single I guess.”

Wait. My phone is ringing. Please no emergency calls right now please I really need some rest today. And tomorrow and yeah, I can sleep for years I guess.

‘Star.’ Calling, I smile

“Let me take this call.” The girls are making weird faces in front of me. Haha I know it, jealous faces.

“ Hi bae.’ I can see Jae smiling through his voice.

“ Not too late okay. Don’t worry. Jay can accompany me i guess. Okay. Love ya.”

My POV
 

“Not too late okay. Don’t worry. Jay can accompany me i guess. Okay. Love ya.”

I can sense Jaehyung will be in studio for late night practice and yeah as usual, Nana will crash at my house which next door to mine.

“ Babe.” Nana starts telling and I can sense also she’s a little bit sad,  I caught her hands, squeezing it a little bit.

“ It’s okay. At least he’s always be there for you right.”  Awww. I can hear Krystal and Jeong trying to hide their laugh.

“ Aih you two, you two should come also. It has been a long time since we have a sleepover.” I said. Seriously miss uni year.

“ I’m in, I’m free tomorrow.” Krystal responds as Yoojung still hesitated.

“ Go to Hanbin, I know your mind is not here anymore shorty.” Her face blush as I said that.  We decided to end the meeting and yeah, im driving home with two ladies.

“ I decided to try to love.” I said as fx song playing the background. The sleepy ladies suddenly come back as fresh as live flowers as I end my words.

“ What’s happened to Jeon Jay actually?”. They asked and I shake my head. Even me didn’t know what I am talking about.

 

Maybe being 28 years old and seeing my friends being happy with their partner, made me feels so lonely sometimes. I love my single life, to a rate that I don’t know actually others can actually open their heart and let someone in. Like Nana did to Jae years ago. Like how good Jongin treats Krys and vice versa. Like how caring Hanbin to  Yoojung

I wanna find one too.