minshua

peachy peachy pink

sleepless dream


Dread. That’s what Jisoo feels right now. He was dazing off into the distance when he heard his surname being called. He felt his heart sink the moment his professor’s gaze landed on him. He knew he’s screwed.

 

Jisoo would not usually feel this way  since he is a diligent student. He’s always prepared for recitations, quizzes, and even exams but today, he’s not.

 

Why now of all days?!

 

“Will you please repeat the question, sir?” Jisoo politely asked

 

The professor huffed in disappointment, frowning at Jisoo before repeating the question. Jisoo heard some of his classmates snickering which furthered his embarrassment.

 

“Is person B obliged to person A even in the case of a fortuitous event?”

 

“N-no sir, because an obligation will be extinguished in case of a fortuitous event.”

 

“Correct. But in the situation that person B was robbed at 11 pm on the street, will he be held liable?”  

 

“No?”

 

“Are you sure with your answer, Mr. Hong?”

 

“Ummm… yes?” The professor looked at him pointedly, clearly not believing Jisoo.

 

Jisoo started fidgeting on his spot, showing signs of nervousness. Jisoo wants to slap himself because the stress is getting to him, and he can’t stop the trembling of his shoulders. He thought he’s going to have a nervous breakdown because Jisoo never flunked a recitation in his entire college life, ever. But he wants to blame his other subjects for not getting enough sleep and enough time to read the laws and obligations for this subject. He’s pretty sure his professor will give him a grade that might affect his overall performance in the course which might affect his GPA and his part of being a dean’s lister.

 

“Sir, will it be alright for me to become his substitute?” A voice asked beside him

 

Jisoo looked at the owner of the voice, it was…

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

“Mingyu”

 

Mingyu looked at him with a gentle smile; understanding Jisoo’s current predicament. Jisoo felt relieved and touched because of Mingyu’s thoughtfulness to help him out. Mingyu’s always there for him, genuinely willing to lend a hand anytime.

 

Mingyu is Jisoo’s close friend. Jisoo doesn’t actually know how to classify him yet since he can be called as a suitor too since he already confessed his feelings towards him. Jisoo feels something for Mingyu but still isn’t sure about it. He doesn’t want to enter a relationship with him just because he feels something, he wants to make sure of it first.

 

The classroom fell into silence, the snickering stopped and Jisoo can’t help but look at their mixed reactions. Some were shocked, and others were filled with admiration because of Mingyu’s chivalrous act. Jisoo even heard some swooning girls “well, Mingyu’s popular after all” Jisoo had to remind himself.

 

If only Jisoo listened carefully though, he would’ve heard some of their fangirls squealing and chanting “MinSoo” over and over again.

 

Mingyu stood up from his seat, touching Jisoo’s shoulder in the process which prompted him to take a seat already. The professor allowed Mingyu to take over since he doesn’t like wasting time, and he figured that Mr. Hong doesn’t have anything to say anymore.

 

“Person B will still be held liable in this situation even if he claims it to be a fortuitous event, sir.” Mingyu stated

 

“And why is that? Isn’t robbery considered a fortuitous event because it’s unforeseen, and even if foreseen, inevitable?”

 

Mingyu smiled, knowing what to say next “But sir, under the 4th requisite of a fortuitous event, the debtor shouldn’t have any participation in the event, but in this case, the item was with him and he should’ve taken extra good care of it. He should’ve known that it’s dangerous to walk alone at 11 pm with a valuable item. This means it can be avoided. And in addition, robbery is no longer considered as a fortuitous event today because of the increase in crime rate.”

 

The professor looked at him with an appraising look, “Correct, Mr. Kim. You may sit now.”

 

Mingyu gave him a toothy smile before taking a seat. He immediately turned towards Jisoo who’s looking at him with an awed look.

 

“Wow. You really studied for today huh?”

“Of course. I thought it’d be a good idea since I know you haven’t slept last night.”

Jisoo was momentarily shocked because of what Mingyu just said, he studied for me? Then his eyebrows scrunched in confusion

 

“Wait, what? How did you know?”

 

Mingyu only smiled enigmatically, leaving Jisoo’s question unanswered.

 

“Looks like I’ll have to ask Jeonghan later” he mentally noted. Jisoo’s pretty sure that his roommate-slash-best friend tipped Mingyu about his sleepless night.

 

“Umm… You didn’t have to do that but thank you, Mingyu. I appreciate it.” Jisoo sincerely thanked.

 

“You’re always welcome, Jisoo.”

 

Jisoo’s heart skipped a beat.


 

A/N: Well… this really happened in a class I was a part of and got this idea. It was really sweet. I am starting to mix reality with fiction lol.

And this is for the poll that I made last night~ MinShua won so yeah. (I immediately worked on this)