first vacation.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

part one of two of their vacation.

 

The first time Junhee felt something fluttering in her stomach was the night of her birthday. Yifan literally had to drag her away from the sink since he couldn’t wait to give the gift. When her husband wore the silver bracelet around her wrist, Junhee knew it costed more than it should. She loved it because it was simple and it was just her style but most importantly, it didn’t stand out too much.

 

What made her so flustered was her husband’s unreadable gaze later after that.

 

“Do you like it… ?”

 

Junhee isn't able to utter a word for a moment. This gaze of Yifan’s is rare and now he’s giving that look, her heart stutters. “Yes,” She breathes out, smiling shyly as she caresses her thumb on the silver, “It’s beautiful.” A large palm clamps over her cheek and she’s staring right into her husband’s eyes again. Goosebumps ghost over her skin once there’s a hand gripping on her hip firmly.

 

“Happy birthday,” Yifan wishes with a gleeful smile on his face. Junhee doesn't get to reply because she knows he’s about to do something and the anticipation is killing her. “Can I kiss you… ?” Yifan has that look again and Junhee nods very slowly, her eyes closing. The first touch of lips always feel different and Junhee wants to experience it over and over again for the rest of her life.

 

The hand on her hip has gone to her back, slowly bringing her forward against the tall figure, the other is still gentle against her cheek. Her own hands automatically rest on her husband’s waist, her mind becoming a goo because the kiss is getting longer and longer. She can feel her legs weakening and she wonders when Yifan will let both of them breathe. She doesn’t mind though.

 

“I wanted to treat you a nice dinner but… Because of the meeting…”

 

“It’s okay,” Junhee loops her arms around her husband as she pants softly against her husband’s chest feeling it rising and falling rapidly, “Dinner at home is much better, to be honest…” Yifan looks down at her with curiosity once their eyes connect, “Why’s that?” Junhee shrugs nonchalantly, “I can get close to you without anyone looking and,”  She stares ahead to her husband’s chest, hoping he can’t see the pink on her cheeks, “We can get to kiss like this…”

 

She doesn’t get to see the blush on Yifan’s face. “D-Did you like the kiss… ?” Junhee conceals her face into his shirt, nodding. Her face is about to explode as well as Yifan’s. “Then… C-Can we try that again from the other day… ?”  Junhee’s heart feels like it’s about to leap off from her ribcage, “The one we failed miserably?” Yifan nods and Junhee can see how pink her husband’s cheeks are as she purposely avoids his gaze with a nod.

 

Yifan holds her face with both of his hands this time before narrowing in. Junhee fists her husband’s shirt at the first brush of his tongue on her lower lip. She parts a little and he’s much better from the other day where both burst out laughing due to their failed french kiss. She does the same to Yifan and the taller lets out a sound in his throat without his knowing.

 

After getting the hang of it, both part for air before connecting their mouths once more. 

 

They keep pausing for little gaps of air, unknowingly heading closer to the kitchen aisle. Junhee feels her lungs burning but she doesn’t care at all. She likes this feeling even though her stomach is feeling weird. It’s warm and the arms around her are getting tighter and tighter and her own are coiled firmly around her husband’s neck, their heads tilting, their mouths nudging and their tongues brushing intimately.

 

Her back hits the edge of the countertop of the kitchen island and they break away for a second before diving in for another-

 

“Ow,” Junhee rubs the back of her head after getting hit onto one of the pendant lamps, leaning into Yifan’s chest immediately. “I’m so sorry,” Yifan replaces her hand with his, rubbing the spot repetitively with a gaze of concern. Junhee lifts her head to look at him and Yifan stares back. A muffled chuckle slip out from both before they burst out laughing. They were so engrossed with one another until they didn’t even realize where they have gone to. 

 

“Does it still hurt?”

 

Junhee shakes her head before smiling up to her husband shyly. Yifan copies it before leaning in for one last kiss. “We should sleep,” Yifan mumbles recklessly against his wife’s mouth while holding onto her warm cheeks. “One more,” Junhee tiptoes to attach their lips again, the kiss slow and soft just like how they will share before they fall asleep. The slow kisses continue once they’re side by side on the bed.

 

Now that they’re going to go on a short trip slash honeymoon soon, Junhee feels giddy. 

 

Their parents are delighted once they give them the news of the short vacation. Junhee’s mother notifies her to take the needed vitamins since she can get sick easily in a foreign country due to the difference in weather temperature. Yifan’s mother strictly tells him not to do anything they aren’t ready and Yifan has to repeat the word ‘Yes’ and ‘Okay’ for nearly thirty-times to make her stop.

 

Their fathers only wish them to have fun around the town and eat a lot of delicious food. They even plan to have a family vacation in the near future. “I thought they’ll tease us,” Junhee muses once she’s done talking with her father. Yifan sits next to her side after settling his own phone on the nightstand, “I know, right?” Junhee leans into his chest and Yifan holds her close, noticing something off so he waits for her to speak.

 

“Now that Mom told me to pack the vitamins, I’m kind of nervous…”

 

“You rarely flew out of Korea, right?”

 

“Mhm. I do want to travel but just thinking of packing the vitamins is giving me a headache.”

 

“I can do that for you.”

 

Junhee peers up to her husband, her temple pressing against his shirt, “Really?” Yifan nods twice. Junhee sighs, cuddling into his chest again not knowing Yifan is blushing by the cute gesture, “I don’t know… I don’t want to bring them all either…” Yifan rubs her arm up and down, hoping it will soothe her, “We still have a month left. Maybe you can think about it later?” 

 

Junhee pulls away, nodding before pulling his hand to hold it, “You’re right. Let’s just sleep now.” Yifan holds in a chuckle. A sleepy Junhee is kind of grumpy. It’s cute. As they lay side by side, Yifan combs the fallen hair away from his wife’s face so that he can look at her. “Sleep, Yifan…” Said male nods but continues to rake his fingers through her hair, lulling her to sleep. 

 

She moves closer, leaning over to peck on his mouth before turning to the opposite way, knowing he won’t stop his doings. A smiling Yifan drapes his arm lazily over his wife’s waist before closing his heavy eyelids. Ever since the romantic date, they have been inseparable even though they didn’t have time for each other due to work. Both get to know each other even deeper and little by little, Yifan has a feeling he can declare his feelings to his wife soon. 

 

Maybe he will confess during their short vacation slash honeymoon.

 

Even the word has him blushing. 

 

+++

 

They’re heading to Guangzhou three days before Yifan’s birthday. Their flight tickets plus accommodation has been booked with the help of their fathers’, telling that it’s on them. The elders were so insistent so the couple couldn’t even refuse. Junhee has been keeping a watchful eye on her husband these days. Yifan has never shown any personal interest other than cooking.

 

She currently has no idea what to give on his birthday. Junhee thought of gifting recipe books but they can be searched easily on the internet. “What’s on your mind?” Junhee’s shoulders jump out of surprise by the intrusion. “You seem to be so lost lately. What is it?” Junhee sighs, propping her chin on her palm, blowing her bangs away from her eyes, “It’s nothing, Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun stares at her with a pointed look, “I don’t believe that, Mrs Wu.” Junhee throws a glare which doesn’t have any venom in it, having her assistant snorting out a laugh. “Is there anything I can help you with?” Junhee stares at her for a while. The lady has her face somewhat sparkling today. “When you have no clue what to give your partner a present, what will you do?” Joohyun thinks for a while.

 

“I’ll go to the internet, of course. I assume you’ve done that?”

 

Another sigh and Junhee sinks into her chair this time. “Or you can even ask him by yourself.” The Deputy perks up at this, “Really?” Joohyun nods with a smile. “Isn’t that… You know, shameless?” Joohyun raises one of her brows, “It’s better to be honest rather than disappointing your partner.” Junhee nods unconsciously. That’s true. What if she gives something Yifan doesn’t like?

 

Her husband, being the nice person he is, will probably receive the gift with a big smile on his face just to make her feel better. Junhee wants to give him a memorable and precious gift. She glances down at the silver around her right wrist. How did he ever find out about her liking towards simple jewelry? Did he ask Jongin? No way, She shakes her head out of shame for thinking low of her husband, He wouldn’t go that far…

 

They have been living together for a year so of course, he must have noticed her preference. 

 

How come she hasn’t noticed anything? 

 

“...nhee? Hey. Are you okay?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Junhee blinks up to the person next to her. It’s Yifan. She then blinks to her assistant who’s clearly holding in her laughter. Junhee scowls at the lady but Joohyun isn’t affected. “She’s been acting strange, Mr Wu. Maybe she’s under the weather.” Instantly, Yifan’s expression shifts to worry, feeling her forehead with the back of his hand, “Is that so? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

Joohyun bows as she excuses herself, leaving a blushing Junhee with her husband alone in her office. “I’m fine,” She grabs his hand and stands to her feet, “Joohyun was just playing around with you. She’s the one who’s been strange.” Yifan doesn’t seem to be assured, “You know you don’t have to keep everything to yourself. I’m here.” Junhee nods thrice, her cheeks lifting as she beams.

 

Suddenly remembering what Joohyun advised her, she puts it to good use. “Yifan, what do you want for your birthday?” Yifan seems taken aback at first but he’s actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter