First Thoughts.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t mind, honey?”

 

“Yes, Ma. How can I say no when you specifically choose someone for me?”

 

“Well, kids these days don’t like these kind of marriage…”

 

“I’m not a kid, Ma.”

 

Madam Wu giggles by her son’s whiny remark, “If both of you aren’t progressing well, you can split―” “I don’t think I’ll do that. Let’s not talk about that, okay?” The mother smiles. Such a wonderful son she has. “Okay. We’re going to meet her side tomorrow night for dinner. I’ll settle the clothes for you to wear and don’t,” She points a finger to her son as soon as she sees signs of wanting to protest, “Just wear it, alright? It’s nothing embarrassing, Yifan.” 

 

Yifan sighs, before nodding in defeat. “Come home early today, honey. Your Pa has something to talk about the marriage too.” Yifan shots a small smile before sending her off towards the exit of the building. He smiles widely as he waves towards his mother who’s beaming so brightly. After she’s out of sight, Yifan sighs again. He’s turning twenty-six this year, yet he has already succeeded in lots of things anything related to business. 

 

The first thought that runs to his mind after his mother informed him about the arranged marriage is, isn’t it too early for him to be wedded? Yifan can’t say no either. He has never said no to his mother before. Taking over Peach Hotel’s as a director is a good offer that he can’t resist but… He sighs once again. His mother said that the girl is ridiculously pretty. He doesn’t care about that. He cares about personality.

 

She also said that the girl is the director’s assistant, which means she will be an assistant for him. He wonders whether the girl has agreed. If she hasn’t, his mother will be definitely sad. He doesn’t want his mother to be sad. He wants her to be always happy. Yifan can only hope for the best. When he’s back into his office, the pile of papers have disappeared from his desk. He sighs for nth time that morning. His mother is seriously a sneaky one.

 

+++

 

Junhee has never loved anyone before. Not even like. She believes that in business, love isn’t essential. Only companionship matters to her. Junhee is a total workaholic. She does her very best in almost everything. Even though she’s in a high post as her father’s assistant, she’s a very humble person to everyone. When she finds out that her father is retiring from his spot, Junhee almost panics because she isn’t ready to be the director, to replace her father’s position. 

 

She has just reached home after work on late night Friday, almost around eleven. Just after she settles on her comfy bed after taking a shower, her mother greets her softly before enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter