First Impression.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For some unknown reasons, Yifan can’t sit still. He has been tapping the costly marble floor with his formal black leather shoes ever since they have arrived here. They’re in a spacious luxurious restaurant, causing him to feel a bit uneasy because now that he thinks of it, he’s going to meet the Director of Peach Hotel’s. He’s going to meet him for real. They’re one of the tops when it comes to hotels and resort managements.

 

Their branches have also went to Japan recently and is still expanding. He definitely doesn’t want to look stupid or do anything dumb in front of him but the fear of doing so isn’t helping him at all. “Yifan?” A hand on his right shoulder almost makes him to jump on his seat. “Calm down, lad.” He looks to his right and sees his father who’s giving him a smile. Yifan forces out one. “Siwon is an old friend of mine.” Yifan blinks in surprise, “Really?”

 

“Yes. A high school friend, to be exact. We lost contact after we went to different universities.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Relax, will you?”

 

“I’m trying.”

 

“Are you nervous because of Siwon or for the girl?”

 

Yifan doesn’t reply fast and hears his mother giggling beside his father. “Ma…” He whines, embarrassed. “You haven’t answered my question, mister,” His father raises one of his brows for nonstop. Yifan feels all hot inside. What kind of teasing parents he has. “Both. I’m nervous for both, okay?” His father lets out a throaty laugh while patting on his back, “I told you to relax~” Yifan’s shoulders slumps for no reason.

 

The more his father coaxes him, the more nervous he becomes. “Yifan, honey, they’re here.” Yifan stands up in an instant in reflex, shocking his father. “Son,” The elder man places his hand on his chest dramatically, “You scared me.” His mother giggles once again which is unnoticed. Yifan tries to plaster a professional smile on his face. He heads to the other side of the table to pull out the chairs for the two guests.

 

The elder pair send a smile of gratitude towards the taller male and Yifan is back to his seat. He wonders where their daughter is because he doesn’t even see her. “It’s been awhile, Hangeng,” Siwon greets. Yifan’s father laughs for no reason as he nods in agreement, “I never thought we’ll meet again even after we part our ways.” Yifan sits there dumbly as he listens to their conversations. Where is their daughter?

 

“We’re sorry,” Madam Kim apologizes, who’s sitting across his mother and who’s also looking at him, “Junhee will arrive in a while. She’s… A little workaholic.” Yifan forces a smile in reply. Great. A workaholic. Will his future wife have time for him? “I’m sure Yifan wouldn’t mind waiting for her.” Yifan almost chokes on his breaths by his mother’s reply. “Uh, yeah. I mean, yes,” He feels like punching himself by giving such informal answer towards the Kim’s.

 

“No need to be all formal, dear. We’re all going to be a family soon,” Madam Kim sends him a sweet smile. Yifan feels himself relaxing in an instant. “Is that your daughter?” His mother’s words catches Yifan’s attention. He looks to the entrance, and he can’t catch on the girl’s face because she’s quite far. “I think she’s searching for us. Go get her, Yifan,” His father nudges gently against his ribs. Yifan almost whines again. He rises to his feet and braces himself to meet his future wife.

 

Junhee has her brows furrowed deeply as she searches for her parents. She unexpectedly went home a little late because she has completely forgotten about the dinner with her future husband’s parents and the man himself. She’s still currently annoyed by her mother’s antics. One of the maids has politely forced her to wear a very short plus sleeveless flower-patterned chiffon dress despite the chilly weather. Junhee knows that it’s her mother’s doing.

 

The maid has persuaded her to wear it or else she will get fired. Junhee being Junhee, thinks of others before herself. She tries to search for leggings but two maids have dragged her away from her wardrobe before making her to sit down before doing her hair and applying light make-up. She even has to wear a pair of white ankle-strap pumps which has been ages since she last wore them.

 

She whines internally because everything is her mother’s doing’s. Junhee never wore short dresses or short pants whenever she’s at outside. She doesn’t like drawing attention. She always covers her whole legs by wearing something long, like long dresses, comfortable slacks, or even jeans. Her mother didn’t teach her that but Junhee found out herself that she really doesn’t like exposing.

 

She only wears shorts when she’s in her room. Now that the dress is only thigh-length, she feels totally uncomfortable by the receiving disturbing stares. Junhee hopes that there are no paparazzi here in this huge restaurant. “Miss? You must be the Kim’s daughter?” Junhee turns her head to the front and is met with a clothed torso. She gulps before peering up to see a good-looking male.

 

Yifan is seriously in trouble. He feels his heart racing already and it’s no good. “Yes. I am. May I know where they are?” Yifan quickly feels relaxed by the soft voice, and snaps out of it, “They’re at the back. Let’s go.” The soft smile he receives almost makes him to trip on his feet but thankfully, he doesn’t. “I’m so sorry for being late.” He sees the young lady bowing apologetically towards his parents and he looks at them.

 

They’re only staring at her with a lovely smile. “It’s alright, honey. Sit, sit,” Madam Wu ushers. Junhee smiles at her before taking the seat that Yifan has offered her. Just when Junhee wants to introduce herself, the waiter has arrived with ordered feast. “Let’s eat first, shall we?” She hears her father looking at everyone before to her, as if he’s waiting for her answer. She nods with a smile.

 

The elders talk about business occasionally, including the wives. The awkward pair is seated across one another, munching on their food unhurriedly. Junhee lifts her eyes from her plate and stares at the man, the good-looking man, consuming his portion. Junhee muses inwardly on how good-looking he is. He’s wearing an almost dark blue suit and a white dress shirt inside with no tie. She admits that she has a liking towards guys who have their hair pushed up. It looks neat on him.

 

The way he greeted her just now is also good. The thing is, is his personality good too? She sighs internally before continuing to finish her meal, maintaining her posture because it’s getting too cold. Yifan lifts his gaze from his half-emptied plate and sees the lady, the beautiful lady, who’s emptying her plate. She’s indeed pretty just like his Ma informed. Hair fishtail-braided. Light make-up. Pink lips― Yifan realizes that he’s staring. He admits that she’s all good but, is her personality good?

 

Little that the awkward pair don’t know, their parents are silently witnessing them from their side. Junhee’s parents thank Yifan’s parents for reserving a table for six, but Yifan’s parents admit that the pair aren’t having communication. Not even once. “So,” Hangeng starts, “The wedding will be held next week.” Yifan has a coughing fit. He reaches for his glass but the glass is empty.

 

“Here.”

 

Yifan coughs as he stares up at Junhee, who’s handing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter