First Person.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junhee sighs tiredly as she passes by the entrance of the hotel. Another tiring day, yet she doesn’t get sick of it. It’s her passion anyway. Today, she needs to arrange a meeting for the Wu’s department. On what day, she needs to set a date after she’s in her office. Everyone greets her and she smiles while bowing slightly in response, too tired to talk even though it’s still morning. Junhee hopes that her smile can satisfy them.

 

After reaching a certain floor and just when she’s about to enter her office room, an unfamiliar man’s voice calls out for her. She turns around and peers up to see a tall male who’s clad in a formal attire. “Good morning, Mrs Wu.” Junhee quirks a brow at the title, “May I know who you are?” She asks politely, her tone curious. “I’m Mr Wu Yifan’s secretary, Park Bogum.” Junhee bows in respect, same goes to the man, “Just call me Junhee, if you don’t mind.”

 

She gives a comforting smile, a little flustered after hearing the man calling her as ‘Mrs Wu’. “I’ll just call you Ms Kim. I’ve come here to inform you that Mr Wu is still having a fever and the meeting with your and the Wu’s department will be in here,” The man hands her a file which she accepts it, “Mr Wu’s mother personally told me to give you this. The meeting will be on Sunday. After your wedding.” Junhee scans the cover of the file before she promptly stares up to the male.

 

“I’m the first person to know about the wedding in the Wu family’s side and don’t worry, Ms Kim. I’ll keep this matter confidentially.”

 

Junhee sighs in relief, smiling after that, “Thank you, Mr Park,” She bows. “You’re welcome. You really are Mr Wu’s type.” Junhee’s brows furrows as she looks at him sharply, making the secretary to be a little intimidated by it, “What do you mean by type? Am I a thing to be considered as a type?” Bogum begins to ramble out apologies when Junhee’s secretary barges into their conversation unintentionally. “Unnie, I’ve― Oh, sorry!” Junhee turns around again to see her, “What is it?”

 

Her secretary’s face is flushed. Junhee knows that she will easily get embarrassed if she does anything unknowingly, like right now. She knows her secretary a little too well. “I, um, I just read an email where someone is going to see you… And he’s already here.” She smiles to assure her that nothing is wrong, “It’s okay. He’s about to leave anyways. Thank you again, Mr Park,” She forces a smile before going into her office, leaving her secretary with Bogum.

 

Junhee sighs as she sits on the leather chair, piles of files and papers placed neatly on the edge of the desk, waiting for her to work on it. Something then clicks on her conversation with Yifan’s secretary earlier. “So there’s no honeymoon?” She asks to no one but herself. She then feels a wave of flush creeping up to her neck. “Why would we need a honeymoon anyway… It must’ve been postponed,” She mumbles as she takes out her phone from her trenchcoat. She texts something to her close friend.

 

Junhee settles her phone aside as she begins to read the papers in the file for the meeting. After reading the Wu’s department biography, she begins to work on the papers, but a phone call diverts her attention. Junhee doesn’t want to take the call at first but not until she reads the name on her phone. She answers the call with a smile on her face, “Hello―” “YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED ON THIS SATURDAY?!” Junhee laughs as she distances the device away from her ear a little.

 

A reaction where she has expected from the latter. “Relax! Why are you so worked up about it?” She hears nothing other than something rustling on the other line. Then, a groggy voice speaks, “Are you sure that you’re not pranking on me?” She laughs again, resting her phone on her shoulder before pressing her right ear on it so that it won’t fall off as she divides the papers, “I’m not lying, Jisoo. Don’t tell this to anyone, okay? You’re the first person to know this other than his and my family.”

 

A groan is heard and she giggles. “Why didn’t you say no? You haven’t been in a single relationship before and now you’re gonna marry someone just like that?” Junhee snorts, “Come on. I can’t say no to my Mom. You know that, right?” The person on the line snorts this time, “But still! It’s your life, Junhee. Why did you let them control you?” Junhee sighs, the words heavy, “Because I know I won’t find anyone unless they find one for me and they did.” 

 

“How’s the guy?” 

 

“We’re just awkward even though we’re engaged already.” 

 

“YOU WHAT?!” 

 

“Stop shouting! I’m at work!” 

 

“How can I not shout after getting sudden news like this? God, Junhee. Do you really want the marriage to happen? Your mother will force you to have kids―” 

 

“Hold on. Don’t go there. We’re not even married yet.” 

 

“I know that and cut this marriage off, Junhee. It won’t do you any good. The guy will divorce you after a few years―” 

 

“Jisoo, can you just stop rambling. It’s hurting my head. You should’ve congratulated me or something rather than giving me bad vibes of Yifan―” 

 

“Yifan? The guy’s name is Yifan? He’s a Chinese?! Really, Junhee?” 

 

“I know.”

 

“Do you like him already?” 

 

“Oh my God. Can you stop it?” 

 

“How can I when I’ve known you for years and you’ve never had any relationships with anyone before and suddenly you’re marrying a Chinese dude?!” 

 

“If you won’t shut up, Jisoo, I have to hang up.” 

 

“Wait!” 

 

“What?” 

 

“I, uh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” 

 

“Too late.” 

 

“Jun―”

 

She hangs up, just like she has said earlier before literally throwing her phone away on the desk. “Why did I tell him anyway?” Junhee grunts, feeling the foul mood coming. The sound of the door being knocked is heard and she tells the person to come in. It’s her secretary. “Yes, Joohyun? What is it?” Joohyun walks into the room with her dark violet heels clacking even though she’s walking slowly. Junhee speedily asks, “Did Yifan’s secretary tell you anything? Did he disturb you?”

 

Joohyun shakes her head by her questions, “He wants to send his apology to you. That’s all. Oh and, here,” She gives a few fashion magazines where they are part of the sponsership. The cover of one of the magazines makes her eyes to expand a little. The model on the cover is no other than her younger brother’s wife. “Do you think something happened?” Junhee asks her secretary. “I wanted to ask the same. I hope they’re alright.” Junhee hums in reply and Joohyun then takes her cue to leave.

 

Junhee takes her time to search for other pictures of the model, but there are only a few. She kind of likes the dark chic look, especially with that shiny leather jacket. Junhee has only met Kyungsu for three times. Once before Jongin’s wedding. Twice on Jongin’s wedding. Last on last year’s New Year family gathering after Jongin’s wedding. Kyungsu has mentioned that she quitted modelling after they were engaged but after seeing the pictures, something must have happened between them.

 

There’s nothing important mentioned on the interview section with Kyungsu in the magazine other than the model’s passion. Junhee sighs. Why there are so much distractions today? She can’t even do her work in peace. Just after she puts the magazines away, her phone rings again. It’s her younger brother. She has to take it, or else he will spam her with messages. “NOONA!” She pulls herself away from the phone by the very loud voice, “Jongin, what―”

 

“Mom just told me about it! Should I come home, noona? Do you need any help? I can make an excuse for you to run away from the marriage.”

 

Junhee laughs, much to her brother’s surprise. “Have you gone mad, noona? Oh no, this is serious! I’ll tell Mom about this, noona. Don’t you worry, okay?” Junhee rolls her eyes, “Jongin, it’s alright. I’ve agreed to this already.” If only she can see Jongin has his mouth wide open. “Are you serious, noona? You’re not joking with me, right?” Junhee sighs before telling him that she’s really serious about it.

 

“Am I the first person to know about this?”

 

“You can say that. I’m sure Mom must’ve sent invitations today. Or maybe yesterday.”

 

“How come you don’t know anything, noona? You’re gonna get married on this freaking Saturday!”

 

“I don’t know, okay? Mom and Madam Wu insisted to plan the wedding.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter