first step.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The weather is freezing cold.

 

Junhee is glad that she took her scarf at the last minute before heading out. She doesn’t bother taking it off which is wrapped around her neck. Even though the café is warm, it still feels chilly for her. There are no patrons yet considering it’s early in the morning. She turns around and sees the figure is still there. Once their eyes meet, they share a curt smile. Junhee is meeting Jisoo today. She attempts to be casual at first once the said male arrives. He’s all smiles after taking his order. Junhee has finished her coffee though. She wants to make this as short and simple as possible.

 

“I want us to end our friendship.”

 

Instantly, the bright expression is swept away from Jisoo’s face, “What do you mean, Jun?” Junhee gives him the sharpest look which made the male to flinch visibly. “Did I do something? Wait. We didn’t even meet so how can I possibly do something?” Junhee chuckles resentfully before staring him deadly in the eye, “My husband met you, didn’t he?” Jisoo loses all the innocence on his face, his features hardening. “Apparently, you told him things about me which were lies,” Junhee seethes, trying her hardest not to scream at him.

 

“I— I didn’t. I was too drunk to even think—”

 

“I know how you are when you’re wasted. You drag people with truth before telling them pure lies.”

 

Jisoo is flushing with embarrassment. It’s indeed true. He wants to explain himself but Junhee beats him to it, “You being Jongin’s informant. Telling Yifan lies that I slept with you and our friends. Why are you doing this? What do you actually want from me all these years?” Jisoo’s face drastically changes. So she knows. He can’t run away now. Tsk, He runs a palm over his face with a silent sigh, Just when I thought I could break them apart… I made things worst. He has no choice but to tell her the truth.

 

“I like you, Junhee.”

 

Junhee is impassive by the information. It honestly hurts but Jisoo keeps going, “I still like you even though you told me you won’t be returning my feelings a long ago. I know that but still… I thought I still had a chance…” Junhee frowns. What is she supposed to feel? Feel bad for the person who spit out fake news about her? He holds her hand on the table unexpectedly, his features despondent as he desperately tells her, “I want you back.” Junhee retrieves her hand away with speed. She blurts out the first thing which comes to mind, “You’re a freak.”

 

Jisoo isn’t surprised. He laughs instead, where he receives a weird look from the lady. A chuckle leaves his mouth. Like husband, like wife. He then smirks as he leans his body forwards, “I’m a freak for you and only you, Jun.” Junhee takes this as a cue to leave. There’s no point of having this conversation any longer. Jisoo seizes her arm with a brutal grip before drawing her close and grabs her nape within a flash. Junhee is perplexed at first by the speed movements before realization dawns upon her. She’s fully alert on what’s bound to happen. She roars, “Let me go!” The figure who has been observing them sprints to their way.

 

Jongin powerfully clenches Jisoo’s free arm and with all of his might, he wrenches him away from his sister. The other male tumbles a few steps back, crashing the huge thick glass window. Jisoo cowers on the floor, rubbing his hurting shoulder due to the massive impact. He recalls the unspeakable pain Jongin gave him that night. He’s way stronger so he doesn’t even think about retaliating against him. Junhee glares down reprehensibly to her supposed best friend where she had placed enormous amount of faith on.

 

Jisoo shows his true colours as he shoots a nasty glare towards Jongin’s way. “Not a word or I’ll call the cops,” Jongin growls down to the male, “They’ll charge you for what you did.” He glances on each and every security cameras at their secluded area before to the guy, smirking as the male seems to be mindful of them, “There are eyes everywhere.” Jisoo doesn’t speak a word. He simply leaves after casting one last sad glance on Junhee. Junhee’s legs are weak. Jisoo never had that look before when he caught her. She feels so frightened.

 

He would have made a move on her if only Jongin didn’t accompanied her.

 

He would have done something to her sooner or later.

 

He must have been waiting for it all these times.

 

She was an absolute idiot trusting him all these years.

 

“I’m sorry,” She cries silently into her younger brother’s shirt after swinging her arm around him wearily. Jongin holds her close and says nothing. His sister keeps repeating those two words and he doesn’t stop her. Jongin feels happy now that that jerk is gone but of course he’s not happy that Junhee is sobbing endlessly right now. He brings her outside to the car park and stops right next to his car. She’s still crying, never letting him go. Jongin sighs. He understands what she feels.

 

“It’s okay, noona. We all make mistakes,” He tells in the softest tone, having a little gap between them as he grasps her arms, “Look at you. Such a big baby. Oh wait. You’re short so you’re a small baby—” “S-Shut up,” Junhee crashes into his chest again, giggling through her tears. Jongin laughs, feeling glad to see her smile. He holds her tight, smiling into her hair. He really loves his sister. This very person taught him what love between siblings are. He’s glad now that she finally opened her eyes. It’s all thanks to Yifan.

 

Maybe he should treat him sometimes.

 

+++

 

It’s fourteenth of March today which marks their first wedding anniversary.

 

Yifan has gone out early to the flower shop Jongin has recommended a few days ago (by text of course). It was awkward to start a conversation first after knowing they were playmates when they were kids. Thankfully, Jongin had the precise answer for his question. The younger male even wished him good luck which lifted Yifan’s spirits greatly. He left a note on the nightstand before he left, hoping that his wife won’t be mad at him because he lied he has an appointment.

 

Once he gets there, he states the names of the three types of flowers to the florist right away. He isn’t ashamed to admit that he did his research for the meaning of the flowers. “Any cards, sir?” Yifan ponders if he should get one. By the time he has his answer, the female employee has already finished making the bouquet. She gives him a pen and a piece of paper and she explains they will print it out for him after he chooses a template for the card.

 

Yifan hides in the flush creeping up to his neck. Does this mean they will get to read it? “Is it possible if I get to type it on my own?” The lady gives him an understanding smile, “You can write it if you want to.” Yifan is in relief. He picks out a small pale purple card with floral curls at the corner ends of it. All he has to do is write a message to his wife. A short message will do. Yifan wants it to be original. He begins to write from the bottom of his heart, a smiling Junhee in mind.

 

It’s been 365 days we’ve been together,

Let’s cherish the happiness we’ll have on the following years to come.

I love you, Junhee.

 

Yifan is serious. He’s hundred percent sure he’s in love with her. Even the flowers he has chosen are associated to related emotion. White carnations means pure love, red tulips are declaration of love and finally, purple lilacs equals to first love. He really hopes Junhee will get the hints. Just thinking about it makes him giddy. “Happy with your purchase, sir?” Yifan nods twice as he receives the bunch of flowers, a sandy-coloured craft paper holding them all prettily. They’re beautiful just like his wife.

 

But Junhee is more beautiful of course.

 

He hides the small card at the bottom near the stems, careful not to misadjust the already arranged flowers. With a gentle thank you, he drives off to work. His heart doesn’t stop palpitating as he imagines Junhee’s reaction. How will she react? Will she like it? To calm himself from being too nervous, he stops by her favourite café and buys her favourite pastries. Yifan makes an instant prayer for no one to spot him as he heads out of his car.

 

He huffs out loud after literally speed walking to the elevator. Yifan checks himself at the mirrored wall. He pushes up a few strands of his hair and runs his fingers through it. Nice. He sprays himself with cologne and chucks it back into his coat’s pocket. Ding. Yifan breathes in deeply as he heads to Junhee’s office. He stands in front of the door, memorizing the things he needs to say once he sees her. He’s ready. He’s prepared for this ever since yesterday. With a knock on the door, he waits.  

 

No answer.

 

He does the same but loudly this time. The result is the similar. Yifan braces himself as he opens it by himself. Disappointment slaps across his face right away. There’s no Junhee at all. The office is empty. Even the desktop is unoccupied. With a sad heart, he decides to give the flowers later, hoping they won’t wilt. He has already placed an empty vase (with the help of Chef Park) under Junhee’s table the night before. Once he opens the door, something warm and light runs across his chest and a small ‘Oof’ is heard in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter