Cheesecake

Throbbing Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Jungkook was busy finding some reference for his musical theory class. He was sitting alone in school library with three thick books in front of him. Jungkook took his glasses and started reading. Actually Jungkook always wear glasses if there’s theory class. His eyesight was never really good courtesy of his studious nature.

Jungkook was too absorb on his book to notice the seat beside him is now occupied. Jungkook scribbled as fast as he can and reread it to make sure there’s no mistake in it. He was about to read the next paragraph when the book on his hand being snatched. Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“What’s good about this thing huh?”

 

Oh Sehun.

 

Jungkook sighed to control his anger and took back the book.

“Go away” was all Jungkook said.

“Actually, I had several things to talk to you, Jeon. Now-” Sehun took again the book and made Jungkook smacked the elder’s arm. Sehun winced in pain and Jungkook took back his book.

“I told you to go away” Jungkook nearly lost his patience.

“We” Sehun slammed the book on the table.

“Need” He spun Jungkook’s chair.

“To talk” Sehun glared at Jungkook.

“Fine. God damn it. What do you want Oh?” Jungkook placed his glasses on the table and crossed his arms. The urge to choke his fingers to Sehun nostrils is getting stronger. Jungkook really hate Oh Sehun after what the older did to him.

“Seriously you need to tell me what happened on the competition day. Why weren’t you coming?” Sehun need to know where Jungkook go and he also need to know what was really happening that night. Everything still blur. He knew Seagull guy already dead and his bodyguards confirmed it. But he still need to know. If Seagull killed the wrong person, so Jungkook should be participated in the competition and not wandering around.

“Why should I tell you about this?” Jungkook piercing gaze made Sehun somehow nervous. Wrong move and Jungkook would know that he hired a murderer to kill the dancer.

“Just tell me damn it, why are you making this difficu-”

“Ehm ehm” a voice from behind made Sehun turned his head.

“Who are you?” Sehun narrowed his eyes at the tall man with large glasses and blonde hair in front of him.

“I’m the new librarian here, and I saw you disturbing Mr…?”

“Jeon Jungkook” Jungkook answered.

“Mr Jeon here. I suggest you if you wanted to talk with Mr Jeon, wait until he finished. Also, keep your voice low, sir. Didn’t you see everyone is glaring at you and your extra volume?” the librarian didn’t have mercy on Sehun.

Sehun gulped and quickly bowed his head in embarrassment after seeing at least five heads looking at him with annoyed glare.

“Sorry, I’m going to wait outside” Sehun draped his bag on his back. “See you later, Jeon” Sehun quickly marched to the entrance and vanished.

Jungkook peeked to the entrance and saw Sehun already walked away and turned to the corridor. Jungkook’s eyes landed on the librarian in front of him and grinned.

“Thank you hyung” Seokjin took a seat beside the younger and opened a book. “What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked in hushed voice.

“Keeping an eye on you. As long as that bastard still here, I can’t let you be alone” Seokjin kept his eyes on the book. Jungkook knew the assassin didn’t really read it and just pretending.

“Y-your hair…” Jungkook saw Seokjin’s now blonde hair.

“It would return normal once I washed my hair”

“What about that big mole on your cheek?”

“They were fake. I can’t let anyone recognize me” Seokjin closed the book and stood up. “Got to go” with that Seokjin slipped something under Jungkook’s glasses and walked away. Leaving Jungkook in awestruck.

“Hyung is hot with blonde hair” whispered Jungkook.

Jungkook smiled and a pink tint appeared on his cheeks. He then remembered he need to finish his study. Jungkook wore his glasses back and were surprised seeing a piece of paper on his book. He quickly read it.

 

Keep study hard, kid.

If your grades are good in this semester, we’ll go on a date.

The glasses suits you.

If you need anything, go to the public telephone and called this number:

+827786xxxx

 

-Seagull-

 

Jungkook giggled and keep the paper in his pencil case. He really likes his Seagull.

 

**

 

“What is it?”

“I need you to give me full information about Oh Sehun, son of Oh Corporation’s CEO”

“In the scale one to ten, how important is this?”

“Twenty”

“Okay. Though it’s not usual-”

“He hired me to kill your cheesecake”

A pause.

“Check your email in fifteen minutes”

“Thanks Rotten Egg”

The call ended.

 

**

 

The exam week came too fast for Jungkook liking. He lessened his dance practice schedule because he needed to focus on the theory. Jungkook knew he can passed the dancing test that Hoseok would give, but he wasn’t sure about his theory class, so, he needed more time to study. And as much as Jungkook hate it, he had to inform Seokjin not to come to his apartment before midnight because he was still studying. Seokjin didn’t complain at all and Jungkook glad he have an understanding soulmate.

Jungkook groaned when his phone rang. He was in the middle of reading and couldn’t be disturbed. Jungkook’s eyebrows furrowed when he saw a weird number on the screen. Jungkook answered the call carefully. He waited for the caller to say something first.

“Hello? Kookie? This is Uncle Joonie”

Jungkook let go his breath. He wasn’t aware he held his breath all this time.

“Uncle Joonie? Who?” Jungkook played dumb to make sure it’s really Namjoon.

“The one who fed you cheesecake for your graduation ceremony when you’re four”

Jungkook’s grinned when he remembered it. No one knows about it. Only Namjoon and him. His parents that time won’t allow Namjoon to feed Jungkook cheesecake because they thought it would disturb the toddler’s digestion system. Turned out nothing happened to his nephew. Oh maybe something did happened, Jungkook addiction to Namjoon’s homemade cheesecake.

“Uncle Joonie!” Jungkook squealed like a child.

“Hello, sweetheart, how are you? I heard the exam week came in two days?”

“Yes, yes, I’ve been studying hard, Uncle! Ugh, I hate to read but if I don’t read, I couldn’t answer the test” Jungkook pouted and Namjoon chuckled.

“Good then, if your grades are all good, Uncle will sent Seagull to give you the cheesecake. How many slice do you want?”

Jungkook’s eyes lit up at the mention of cheesecake.

“I want… uh… five! One for Monday, one for Tuesday, one for Thursday, one for Friday, and the last for Saturday, yay!” Jungkook couldn’t wait to pass the exam week. Lots of good things would come to him if he did great on the test.

“Okay, Uncle will send you. But remember, don’t forget to eat, don’t forget to sleep, and don’t overwork yourself, okay? Sweetheart?” Namjoon heard Jungkook giggled.

“Okay, Uncle. And you! Don’t overwork yourself too” Jungkook remembered Namjoon’s eyebags from the last time he visit.

“Yeah. Okay then, Uncle got to go, bye and goodluck”

“Thanks Uncle” Jungkook then ended the call.

 

Seokjin just entered Jungkook’s apartment from the window. He saw Jungkook sat on his dining table, several books sprawled on the table and the younger had his serious face. Seokjin sighed at the view. It’s always relaxing to watch Jungkook study. The dancer didn’t produce any sound and just focusing on the materials. Seokjin decided maybe a glass of milk would help the younger.

Jungkook’s eyes caught something from his left. A glass of milk was placed beside him. He quickly darted his sight to the man who placed it. A big, tired grin appeared on his lips.

“Thank you hyung. Sorry I didn’t see you coming” Jungkook took off his glasses and massage the bridge of his nose.

“Hm” Seokjin took a place beside him.

“I think it’s time to take a rest” Jungkook stretched his stiff muscles.

“How long have you been studying?”

“Uhmm…” Jungkook glanced at the clock. “I started it around eight p.m, so…. It’s almost five hours” Jungkook took his milk and drank it. Seokjin’s brow knitted.

“Jungkook, there’s a different between hardworking and overworking. You know that, right” Seokjin sighed and crossed his arms. Jungkook giggled.

“It’s fine hyung. I need to keep my grades high so I won’t lose the scholarship. Besides, there are two more factors that motivate me to work harder” Jungkook closed his books and put them in his bag.

“I don’t know if you got scholarship” Seokjin felt a tug in his heart. He re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter