Seagull

Throbbing Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

“What the hell” Jungkook heard the man cursed. “What kind of ty fate is this?” the man continued rambling as like Jungkook wasn’t there.

Jungkook hissed when the string burnt his finger more. He narrowed his eyes when he saw something written on his finger. “Kim…Seok..Jin..?” Jungkook spelled it slowly. He turned to his newly-found soulmate. “Are you Kim Seokjin?” Jungkook asked innocently. The man glared at Jungkook and took a step closer to the dancer.

“Don’t say my name” he whispered in low tone that sent shiver to Jungkook’s spine.

“W-Why…?”

“Because if someone found out my real name, I’m going to cut your remaining life and sent us to hell together” he leaned to Jungkook’s face and Jungkook felt his face grew warmer. “Why the hell it has to be you, huh?” Seokjin shoot Jungkook a death glare.

“W-What do you me-”

“Off all the people on earth. Why does it has to be you” Seokjin pulled back. “I was supposed to kill you tonight and threw your body to my client. Damn it” Seokjin started to walk away.

“Wait! Wait!” Jungkook chased him and grabbed the man’s hand.

“Don’t touch me” Seokjin yanked his hand and causing Jungkook to jump in surprise.

Jungkook didn’t know how the soulmate thing works but he felt a faint pang in his chest. Jungkook gulped. He knew it’s not going to be easy.

“S-Sorry I was just-”

“What do you want? Quick” Seokjin cut Jungkook. Jungkook blocked the man’s step and stood in front of the elder.

“What should we do now? I know that you may hate me because of this but please don’t leave me hanging like this. You know how the soulmate thing works right? We couldn’t be away for a long time” Jungkook’s concern didn’t make Seokjin’s expression to change. He just stared boringly at the younger.

Jungkook was tired, his body was tired and the midnight breeze didn’t help. He hadn’t had his dinner tonight. Jungkook sighed when he didn’t get any response from Seokjin.

“Fine. Whatever. It’s not like you would care” Jungkook stepped aside and continued to walk home.

Seokjin leant on the fence. He lit up a cigarette and started to think. He knew he wouldn’t get payment if he didn’t get Jungkook’s dead body or at least a photo. He stared at Jungkook who’s walking with his head down. Somehow the words from the younger earlier hit him hard. It’s not like he didn’t care about the soulmate thing, it’s just that it was complicated because he wasn’t ready and didn’t like someone’s presence beside him. He used to be alone and do his job perfectly. Now that he had another responsibilities that cost his life, Seokjin decided to cut the crap and deal with the boy.

“You can’t show up for the next four days” Seokjin’s voice made Jungkook stopped in his track.

“Why?” Jungkook turned around and faced the man.

“Because if you showed up, I wouldn’t get my payment and they would know if you’re still alive. I’m just going to fake your death. You’re an art student, there must be some face paint in you place. I need those” Seokjin now stood in front of Jungkook. His mask already pulled down. Jungkook had to tilt his head to see Seokjin’s face because damn, Seokjin was tall.

“No. I can’t. I had an important things to do” Jungkook’s brow knitted. He couldn’t let Sehun win the competition.

“You will”

“I am NOT going to listen to you!” Jungkook snapped. Seokjin wanted to argue but seeing a tired lines on the younger face and slightly hurt gaze from the boy’s eyes made him sighed. He couldn’t believe he’s being weaken by the power of soulmate thing.

“We need to talk” Seokjin dragged Jungkook away.

“Where?! I don’t want to! I wanna go home!” Jungkook whined and tried to pry himself away from Seokjin’s grip but it’s no use, Seokjin’s grip was far too strong.

“Your place, damn it. Stop moving or I’ll shoot you to the death” Seokjin didn’t receive anymore complain so he assumed that Jungkook understand.

 

Seokjin let Jungkook took a shower before talk. He took a quick observation on the younger’s apartment. Seokjin’s eyes landed on the fridge. There are many photos being stuck on it. Seokjin leaned down to see them.

There are so many photos of Jungkook winning what seemed to be dance competition, the boy grinned widely and it showed his bunny teeth. There are also several photos of Jungkook with his dancing class. Seokjin’s eyes landed on a photo where Jungkook is being piggybacked by a short boy with chubby cheeks. The two looks so happy and it sent a sickening feeling to Seokjin’s chest.

Seokjin didn’t waste more time and walked away from it. He didn’t expect that his soulmate already have a boyfriend. Seokjin plopped himself on the sofa. He heard the bathroom door clicked open and Jungkook stepped out with pout on his face. Seokjin’s brow raised. The boy just ignored him and went straight to the kitchen. Seokjin saw the boy took out a pack of instant noodle and brew it.

“What do you want to talk about?” Jungkook’s tired voice made Seokjin sighed.

“Finish your meal first, kid”

“No. I need to sleep so it’s better for you to talk now” Seokjin smirked when he noticed a sassy attitude from the boy. It’s kind of surprising how Jungkook didn’t feel scared of him and acted like a boss just now. I mean, he knew that Seokjin could kill him anytime but the boy didn’t even flinched.

“We’re going to make a deal” Seokjin lifted his leg to rest on the sofa.

“What deal?” he saw Jungkook poured the noodle to the bowl and mixed it with the spices.

“I fake your death, got my payment. You didn’t need to show up for four days and you didn’t die. It’s a win win solution” Seokjin crossed his arms once the boy walked to him with a bowl of noodle and sat comfortably on the other sofa.

“No” Jungkook objected and he saw Seokjin’s brow knitted. “I can’t. I have a dance competition in three days and I need to practice hard. If I didn’t show up, Sehun might be mocking me all the time and I don’t want to be loser. You can just fake death me and sent the photo to your client or boss-”

“Sehun is the one who hired me”

Jungkook’s movement stop. He quickly swallowed the noodle and stared at Seokjin. “What?”

“Oh Sehun, twenty one years old, dance major at Jean’s Academy of Art, son of a businessman. He was the one who hired me to kill you. I met him two days ago and he gave me your photo” Seokjin took out a piece of folded photo and tossed it to Jungkook.

Jungkook opened the photo. He sighed when he noticed the photo was taken when they were practicing in the studio.

“He’s trying to get rid of me. He didn’t want to lose the competition” Jungkook had loose his appetite and put the noodle bowl on the coffee table. “He’s cheating. I should tell my teacher about this” Jungkook took out his phone but Seokjin was quick, he snatched the phone from Jungkook.

“You can’t”

Jungkook felt a raising anger inside. “But why?! He’s cheating and trying to kill me! He’s a murderer Seokjin!” Jungkook chest raised and fell to control his anger.

“Think clearly, kid. If you tell the other, they would know that I’m exist and they would hunt me. I’ve killed for like thirty people and they would shoot me death as punishment” Seokjin slammed the phone on the table.

“Why are you so selfish! You only think about-”

“If I die, you’ll be following me three days after” Seokjin stated and successfully shut Jungkook. “You have to remember we can’t die by unnatural cause” Seokjin saw Jungkook’s expression turned gloomy.

“B-But I’ve been practicing hard for the event” Jungkook gulped. There’s a sickening feeling in his chest and his mind went blank. “I couldn’t let Sehun win the competition with this kind of way. What should I do…” Jungkook folded his knees and buried his face in it.

“Cut the crap, this is not the right time for mourning over something like that. If Sehun knew you didn’t die, he probably would going to find someone else to kill me. And maybe to kill you too. If that things happened, I may not be able to protect you. You’ll die and I’d too” Seokjin stood up.

“Do I really have to do this?” Jungkook could feel his eyes started to get hot.

“Yes. If you wanted to stay alive. I need to go. Remember, don’t act stupid or we both die” Seokjin walked to the door.

“When will I see you again after this?” Jungkook’s voice halted Seokjin’s hand on the doorknob.

“If you didn’t do anything stupid, maybe you can see me again” with that, Seokjin left. Jungkook finally let his tears flowing down on his cheeks.

“But I’ve been practicing hard…” he sobbed. “I wanted to win…” Jungkook held his leg tighter. He didn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

 

**

 

Jungkook spent the rest of the day in his room. Locked away from the world. He stared at the photos on his fridge. Jungkook had won so many competition before things like this happened. He cursed at his bad luck. Deep inside, he was kind of confuse by the fate. He could feel everything crumpled down in his eyes. His dance teacher probably upset of him. His friends too. And Jimin. Jimin might hate him for something like this. Jungkook wanted to drown himself in the sea and followed his parents to the heaven.

He heard his phone rang. He took it and saw Jimin’s name on it. He braced himself and answered the call.

“Hello?” Jungkook raspy voice echoed.

“Kook? Where are you? The practice almost start” Jungkook could tell that Jimin was calling him from the toilet, the chubby boy talk in hushed voice.

“Jimin… I-” Jungkook stopped when the realization hit him again. “I need to talk to you today, can we meet in your house? But promised me you wouldn’t tell anyone that I’m still in Seoul. If anyone asked where I am, can you tell them that I’m visiting my parent’s grave in Busan?” Jungkook begged. He heard Jimin sighed.

“Yeah, of course. Whatever happened, I hope it’s not a bad thing. Take care Kook, I need to go, the practice already started. Bye. See you later” Jungkook could feel Jimin smiling. He smiled too.

“Bye Jimin” he ended the call and rubbed his eyes. Jungkook dragged himself to the bathroom and decided to take shower. Maybe it could help his heart to get better.

 

Jungkook put his hood on and wear mask. He came out from the emergency exit if his apartment. He made sure nobody followed him. After ten minutes walking, he arrived at Jimin’s house. Jungkook pressed the doorbell and opened his mask. He smiled when he saw Jimin’s face grinning at him from the screen.

“So tell me what happened” Jimin crossed his legs and offered Jungkook a cup of strawberry milk once the boy is already in his room.

“Thank you” Jungkook sipped the milk and sighed. “Jimin, promised me one thing first. And no, I’m not joking right now” Jungkook stared at Jimin with serious eyes. Jimin’s eyes turned into crescent.

“Our Jungkookie has grown up! Hyung is proud” Jimin patted Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Jimin, it’s not the right time to joke around” Jungkook blocked Jimin’s hand that trying to ruffle his hair.

“Sorry, it’s just that. I rarely see you being so serious like this. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter