BONUS 1: SEOKJIN'S EYES

Throbbing Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin’s

 

I was never knew the feeling of losing someone. Clearly, because I’ve never loose anyone in my life, I think. Until I met him.

It was a simple job, to be honest. You only need to kill someone and bring his body to your boss. But everything changed since the day I saw his photo that Sehun gave me.

 

“This is him” Sehun told me. I nodded without opening the photo. “Bring his body to me, or at least his photo if it’s too suspicious. He usually went home at 2 in the morning, he went home alone” Sehun slouched back on his chair, holding a cigarette.

After that I went home. This time I didn’t ask Rotten Egg to find the information because I think it’s a very easy task and the fact that he no longer have parents or any relatives makes it even easier. Then it happened.

I just locked my car doors and curiously opened the photo.

Well, …

I thought.

He looks very young, very cheerful with that bunny-teeth smile. Why would Oh Sehun wanted to kill him? Is he a threat? I don’t think so, his expression didn’t contain any bad vibes. He looks… pure.

I was kind of hesitate to accept this order.

Maybe I should observe this kid before I murder him.

 

 

Observation day: 1

 

Oh, so that’s him.

He was walking alone into the building of his academy. His face is bright and looked a little sleepy.

I disguised as a librarian today.

I watched him high-fived with his friend who was shorter than him and a little bit chubbier. Looks like they’re bestfriend based on how they interact.

Oh, there’s another one. With boxy-grin and jumpy attitude. They went to the class.

 

 

He hasn’t come out yet. It’s nearly 7 in the evening. I decided to enter the building again and find him.

I heard the music still played from the other corridor and immediately knew maybe he’s still practicing or just resting. I approached the door and peeked.

He was there, still dancing with his bestfriend with sweat dripped all over his body. His expression followed his dance moves. His moves was smooth, very confident and sharp. It was kind of fun watching him dancing.

And now I knew, why Sehun assumed him as a threat.

They’re majoring in the same department, I don’t know what’s going on but I thought Sehun saw him as rival, maybe because this boy is very good at dancing and Sehun is afraid of his existent might weakened him.

What a coward.

But job is still job, right?

 

 

Midnight, 2 a.m

 

It’s him. Walking alone in the alley between two apartment buildings.

It’s show time…

 

“W-What do you want?” he asked with shaky voice after I slammed him to the wall and blocked his hands. Now I can see his face from close. I was right, this kid is still as pure as the first snow and my suspicion to Sehun is getting stronger.

I didn’t notice he was struggling that hard until he managed to flip his position, he was now facing me, with my hands still gripping on his.

“Let me go or I’ll kick you hard”

I smirked once I heard the threat. It was quite fun actually, he was the first target that dare to talk to me, the other were just begging for mercy. I think I should playing with him a little bit more.

I took out my gun and pointed at his temple, making his breath hitched. I clicked the gun and thought maybe I just ended his life here. It’s fun playing around with him but I need to finish my job. When he heard the gun being clicked, suddenly he gripped my bare hand and I reflect gripped his neck, causing him to groaned.

Suddenly something happened to my body.

My eyes widened when I felt a strike of burning sensation around my finger and a weird sparkle in my chest. It was weird, like I was never been this happy before. Than before I realize it, I stared at that one finger which had the hottest burning sensation. My eyes widened when I saw a red string started to appear on it. it burnt the hell of my finger skin fast.

Then a name appeared under the string.

Jeon Jungkook.

I feel like my heart stop beating for a moment. My head snapped at Jungkook’s direction. That moment, I realized I was destined to be with him. I was tied to Jungkook, to my ing target. So the legend is true. That soulmate string does exist. And my soulmate stood wide eyes in front of me.

 

**

 

Night when Jungkook committed suicide,

Seokjin’s apartment.

 

Seokjin’s

 

I laid him on my bed, his hands still covered with blood. I checked his temperature and it was high. I sighed and quickly went to the first aid kit.

I looked at his face as I treat his wound. Thank God it wasn’t deep. It’s going to heal in two or three days.

I placed the kit under the bed and brushed Jungkook’s hair with my finger. The throbbing still there and I was no longer paying attention to the pain in my finger. Maybe because what I feel in my chest is more painful. Seeing Jungkook, the usual happy baby laying on my bed, unconscious with bandaged hand, I’m not usually be like this but it hurts me.

As much as I hate his bratty attitude and my lack of response toward him, I don’t want something bad happened to him. It’s like I feel my world crumbling down in front of me.

Is that my fault?

Is that because of my job?

Is everything going to be like this forever?

What if I hurt him even more?

I leaned down and kissed his head.

No, I shouldn’t be like this.

Jungkook wasn’t supposed to suffer like this..

 

**

 

Author’s

 

Seokjin stared at Jungkook’s face with sorrow expression. He’s not usually showed his feeling but this time it’s time for loosen up and face the reality. He couldn’t stand risking Jungkook’s life because of his job. It’s getting harder and harder.

Seokjin engulfed Jungkook’s hand with his and kissed the younger’s head. Resting their forehead together with shaky breath.

I don’t want you to be like this forever.

I don’t want to cause another pain for you.

The assassin thought.

“I’m sorry, Jungkook” Seokjin whispered and caressed the younger’s hair gently.

Seokjin took a deep breath and pulled the blanket to cover Jungkook’s body. He glanced once again at the younger and a single tears escaped his eyes. He quickly brushed it off and turn off the light. He was about to lay down beside Jungkook but he quickly rejected the idea.

He probably don’t want to see me when he woke up.

Seokjin half-heartedly walked out from the room and took a thin blanket before slipping to his home clothes.

 

**

 

The day Jungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter