Birthday Boy

Throbbing Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

author’s

 

Jungkook’s eyes twitched open when the morning sun hit his face. The first thing he felt was drowsiness. He didn’t remember much what happened last night. His head hurt like and he felt a stinging feeling on his left wrist. Jungkook lifted his wrist and saw it was bandaged. An image of him trying to kill himself popped in his mind and he instantly felt numb.

Jungkook sighed tiredly and cursing his head for throbbing hard when he got up from the bed. His brows knitted when he realized it wasn’t his room.

Where am I?

Jungkook coughed several times before he got up from the bed. He saw his reflection in the mirror and almost didn’t recognize who it was. The person had an ugly bluish thing under his eyes together with puffy red eyes. He saw how messy and tangled his hair was. Not that he would care. Also, he didn’t wear his own clothes.

Jungkook take a look at his clothes. It was plain black and maybe two sizes bigger that his own size. The pants that he wear also draped on the floor. Everything is black. Jungkook sighed and walked out from the room.

He peeked from the doorframe. There’s nobody around. He walked slowly and winced in pain when the headache still there. Jungkook stopped in the middle of living room and his mouth slightly opened.

There’s Kim Seokjin, the bastard that he thought would give him a happy ending. Sleeping on the couch with thin blanket on. Jungkook felt sick and he didn’t want to see Seokjin face. He marched to the door and gripped the doorknob.

“AAH!”

Jungkook jumped in shock when he felt a wave of electricity struck his hand. He stared at his slightly red fingers and sighed. He didn’t expect Seokjin’s apartment to be full of trap. Jungkook turned around and was surprise to see Seokjin already standing behind him with crossed arms.

Jungkook didn’t lift his face and step aside to avoid Seokjin’s glare.

“We need to talk” Seokjin sounded tired and Jungkook never heard the elder sound like that.

“There’s nothing to be talk” Jungkook pushed Seokjin’s hand but the taller swapped their hands and gripped Jungkook’s hand.

“What do you want now? Aren’t you satisfied after hurting me?” Jungkook sounded so broken and it hit him, how much Jungkook had to keep up with his coldness all this time and how hurt the younger by his heartless treatment.

“I just wanted to talk” Seokjin’s deep voice came again. Jungkook stop struggling and sighed in defeat.

“Then talk. I don’t want to see your face now” Jungkook looked anywhere but Seokjin.

“No. look at me” Seokjin dragged Jungkook closer. The dancer still refused to meet Seokjin’s eyes. Seokjin sighed and gripped Jungkook’s chin. He lifted the younger’s face but Jungkook closed his eyes tightly.

“Jungkook” Seokjin was getting tired. He only got an hour sleep and he didn’t want to deal with teenager raging hormone.

“FINE! WHAT DO YOU WANT DAMN IT JUST TELL ME!” Jungkook suddenly snapped. He slapped Seokjin’s hand from his chin and glared at Seokjin. His chest raised and fall, the gesture that only appears when he’s truly mad.

Jungkook thought how amazing Seokjin at this rate. Keeping his stoic expression all the time while the person in front of him broke down. Or maybe it just the anger that fulfilled his mind to notice a slight sadness behind those cold eyes of Seokjin.

“I’m sorry if my job hurt you that much” Jungkook’s eyes soften at the apologize word that came from Seokjin’s mouth. Jungkook now noticed how his stringed finger throbbing hard. It was the second time. The first time Jungkook had no worry since Seokjin was actually okay. But this time seeing his soulmate standing in front of him with flat expression feels different. Jungkook tried to look deeper to Seokjin eyes because eyes would never lie.

Jungkook’s mouth fell opened when he notice something different in the elder eyes. He never saw that in Seokjin eyes before. Jungkook thought Seokjin did a great job on covering his emotion all the time but this time maybe, just maybe, Seokjin was too tired to hide it perfectly and let the depression slipped from his gaze.

“What you see earlier. You misunderstood it. I didn’t do anything with her. It was pure my job. I was ordered to kill her and took a piece of diamond from her purse then gave it to people who hired me” Seokjin was surprisingly calm while explaining everything.

“I don’t believe you” Jungkook didn’t mean to say that but it just came from his mouth.

“I know. That’s why-” Seokjin took out his phone. “-I gave you this. Call your uncle. He was the one who assigned me the task” Seokjin took Jungkook’s uninjured hand and pressed the cell phone there.

“You’re not threatened my uncle to compromise with you, do you?”

Seokjin’s shoot Jungkook an unbelievable stare that makes Jungkook instantly regretted what he said. “It’s fine if you don’t believe me. But Namjoon loves you a lot. He could kill to protect you” Seokjin then left. His brows still furrowed and Jungkook wanted to punch himself. Just how amazing his mouth doing its job. Jungkook stared at the throbbing string in his finger. The pain is getting stronger and he knew how miserable Seokjin was inside. Jungkook find Namjoon’s number and dialed his uncle.

“Uncle Joon?”

 

**

 

Jungkook found Seokjin laying on the couch. He assumed the elder was half asleep. Jungkook bit his lips. He placed the phone on the table and took some time to take a look at Seokjin. He was kind of surprise. Seokjin didn’t have a mask on, he also didn’t have his cap. No black liner or smokey eyes on the assassin’s face. Jungkook realized it was the first time he saw Seokjin relax. The elder have a plain white wife-beater on and a black sweatpants. Seokjin looked more human in this form rather that his all black clothes.

“H-hyung” Jungkook called. Seokjin didn’t move. “Hyung, wake up” Jungkook poked Seokjin’s feet with his finger. At this, Seokjin’s eyes squinted open and he yawned.

“Have you called Namjoon?” Seokjin scratched his head and sat up. Jungkook nodded. “Good”

“Hyung”

Seokjin just hummed. Jungkook moved closer and tugged Seokjin’s sleeve. The elder lifted his face to see Jungkook.

“I’m hungry” Jungkook pouted.

“Go make something to eat. You know how to cook” Seokjin pushed Jungkook’s finger from his sleeve.

“But hyuuung”

“What?” Seokjin shoot the younger annoyed glare. Jungkook pressed his lips into thin line. The throbbing on his finger lessen. Jungkook was glad, if Seokjin started to get annoyed with him, it means Seokjin has back normal.

“Hyung cook for me. I’m tired” Jungkook pulled Seokjin’s sleeve. Seokjin sighed and hissed but he stood up anyway and went to the kitchen. Jungkoook smiled shyly behind him.

What Jungkook didn’t know was Seokjin actually saw him smiling from the reflection in the kitchen mirror. Seokjin’s lips tugged upward a little.

 

**

 

Seokjin was so done.

Jungkook pushed the hairbrush to his chest.

“Brush my hair hyung, it’s a punishment for making me cry” Jungkook settled in front of Seokjin. They were sitting on Seokjin’s bed.

“You’re twenty. Brush your hair yourself” Seokjin pushed the brush back to Jungkook.

“Don’t wanna” the younger stubbornly object. Seokjin didn’t react, he just stared at Jungkook with his usual stoic face. Jungkook sighed and his brows knitted. “Hyuuuuunggggg Seokjin hyuuunggg” Jungkook bounced on the bed and Seokjin groaned.

“Stop bouncing God damn it” Seokjin pushed the younger to turn around and took the brush.

“Bouncing around is fun you know” Jungkook muttered, enjoying Seokjin’s hairbrush on his hair.

“No” Seokjin untangled several part of Jungkook’s hair.

“It’s fun once you know I could bounce perfectly on you”

 

A silence.

 

“Ouch!” Jungkook winced when he felt Seokjin hit his head with the hairbrush.

“Watch your mouth, kid. You don’t know what you asked for” Seokjin smirked from behind Jungkook. Jungkook’s cheeks started to redden. His heart beating loudly inside.

Seokjin stop brushing Jungkook’s hair once he felt his stringed finger throbbing weirdly. He also felt some kind of heat in his body and he glanced at Jungkook. He knew Jungkook probably felt the same considering how tense the younger’s back is.

“Hyung” he heard the midget call him. He met with Jungkook unsure gaze and cherry red cheeks. “What is actually happening?” Jungkook showed Seokjin his stringed finger. “It won’t stop throbbing since… since that…” Jungkook shyly asked.

“I don’t know. You’re the one who started it” Seokjin put the brush on the drawer and focusing on his soulmate.

“B-but I don’t know. It just slipped from my mouth. I… I-”

“Let’s just ignore it” Seokjin also find it hard to look into the younger’s eyes.

“Okay” Jungkook nodded and Seokjin saw how Jungkook’s hair back to normal. It bounced everytime the younger move his head. Seokjin sighed and decided to stare at the younger once more.

Bouncing…

 

**

 

NO

Seokjin couldn’t ignore this.

He was showering with cold water to erase some image of Jungkook, ehm bouncing.

“Ugh!” he hit the wall with his balled fist. “Damn it…” Seokjin glanced at his soulmate string. The bond was no kidding. Seokjin never knew that the red string could be so powerful. He sighed and swiped his wet hair under shower.

 

Jungkook heard the bathroom door clicked and immediately took the nearest cushion to cuddle with. He also couldn’t get away with the weird throbbing on his finger. It wasn’t bad. But it gave him the urge to… do something with Seokjin. Moreover, the fact that they were alone in Seokjin’s apartment didn’t help.

He saw Seokjin came out from the bathroom and his jaw dropped. A strike of heat conducted to his cheeks. He knew Seokjin didn’t see him but for God’s sake, he couldn’t take his eyes off from Seokjin’s bare chest. Those body were glorious. And Seokjin half wet hair didn’t help.

Jungkook was busy dealing with his hormone to notice Seokjin came back to the living room and sat beside him.

“What are you doing? Why are you hiding your face?” Seokjin glanced at Jungkook.

“Nothing. The cushion smells good” what a lame excuse.

“Really? I was never wash it since I bought it”

Jungkook immediately gagged and threw the cushion away.

“Gross!”

“It’s a lie”

Jungkook’s brows furrowed. He never knew Seokjin’s tease could be this annoying. If Seokjin was the one who keep telling him how annoying he was, now the elder is being unbelievably annoying.

“You’re annoying you know that, Mr Dumbo” Jungkook smacked Seokjin’s arm.

“Don’t touch me, kid”

“I’m not touching you, I’m smacking you” Jungkook continued smacking Seokjin.

“Stop it”

“No” Jungkook smacked Seokjin everywhere. And Seokjin finally had enough, he caught Jungkook’s hands and pinned the younger down on the couch. Jungkook’s eyes widened at how dangerous their position is.

“H-hyung…-”

“Do I need to remind you how dangerous I am?” Seokjin’s deep voice in his ears made the hair on Jungkook’s body to stand up. “You better act more wisely, kid” then Seokjin let him go and went back to the sitting position. Jungkook got up with red face and reached for the cushion again before buried his face in it. Seokjin glanced at the younger and chuckled.

 

**

 

“You need to go back to your place. It’s dangerous here” Seokjin told Jungkook. They were laying on Seokjin’s bed, watching some stupid chick flick on the TV.

“I’m too lazy to move my ” Jungkook retorted. He plopped more fries to his mouth and munched.

“Stop being a lazy ”

“Stop being a grandpa”

The two shared a glanced before turned their attention back to the TV.

“Why does fate paired me with this kind of human” Jungkook chuckled hearing Seokjin’s complain.

“Because you’re too plain and your life need more colourful rainbows which is me” Jungkook made a rainbow gesture with his hand. Seokjin rolled his eyes.

“You’re not a rainbow. You’re a storm”

“Excuse me, but I wore colorful outfit which means I’m a rainbow and you!” Seokjin glanced at the kid beside him who pointed a piece of fries in front of his face. “You always wear black clothing and storm is black. So yeah, you’re the storm” Jungkook threw the fries to his mouth and munching brutally.

“Ouch!” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter