Confession

Moments To Reminisce
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa."

"Hm?"

"Why... are we here?" 

Both Minhyuk and Moonbyul were standing in the front of a building. Moonbyul's old apartment building to be exact. Moonbyul gaped at the sight in front of them. The last time she came here was like 6 years ago before she and her other members moved out.

"To meet my friend? Well, he lives here and I need to get something from him," he smiled, embraced her shoulder with his right arm. "Shall we get in?"

"Um." She smiled, nodded slightly. She darted her eyes to her surrounding as she walked in, scanning every part of the building that she once lived in. "It hasn't changed much..." she murmured to herself, which was heard by Minhyuk.

"When did the last time you go here?"

"About.. 5 or 6 years ago? We decided to leave our dormitory life and lived by ourselves." 

They had a small chit chat as they walked to the lift. Minhyuk punched the number on the side lift and without Moonbyul realised it, it was the highest floor in the building. He took a glance at his girlfriend and smiled secretively.

"Thinking about it....." she continued, "I miss living in dormitory with my girls," she was silence for few seconds, and smiled.

Minhyuk stared at Moonbyul, scanning her face. "Then... shall we visit your old apartment?"

She looked up, shook her head and smiled. "No need to. I might burst into tears the moment I step into my dorm," she joked, chuckled.

"And a sea of tears will be here soon. Or maybe you can drown this building with it."

"Oppa, that's lame." She chuckled, slapped his shoulder lightly. 

Moonbyul took a long stare at the guy beside her. She saw him taking a glance at his wrist watch repeatedly, looking so restless. She creased her forehead as he heaved a big sigh.

"Oppa.. are you okay?" she asked, placed her hand on his.

Minhyuk looked at her, quite surprise with her hand on his. "Oh? Ah, I'm okay." he smiled, shook his head slightly.

"But your hand is cold.." she faltered as she looked at the number which was shown on top of them. "Oppa, tell me once again. Where are we heading to?"

"My friend?" he answered her nervously, darted his stare at anywhere but her. "Let's go." he intertwined his fingers with hers, pulled her out as the lift was opened. He brought her to the stairs at the end of the hallway.

Moonbyul scanned her surroundings. A smile crept on her flawless face. "I think I know where these stairs lead to."

Minhyuk chuckled, tightened his hold on her hand. "I know you're genius but pretend like you don't know anything this time."

She laughed, hugged his forearm with her other hand."Now I wonder where we're going to right now. Can't wait!" She jumped lightly as she stepped on the stair, tried to look as excited as 5 years old kid was like.

"Your acting ." he laughed. He ruffled her hair lightly, earning a yelp from the girl. As they reached the end of the stairs, Minhyuk took a key from his pocket, unlocked the iron door in front of them and pushed it quite hard to make it open. He looked back to where his girlfriend stood up, helped her to step on the last stair and led her to the rooftop. "Here we are, princess."

Moonbyul shivered as the cold night breeze hit her, made contact with her skin. She smiled wider as she saw the view in front of her. "So finally we are here.. the place where our story was started."

 

August 14 2016, 03:00 PM

 

"Sorry I couldn't make it to your concert today."

Moonbyul chuckled as she heard the voice from the other line. She had heard it for countless time since the night before and there she was, listening to another apology.

"Oppa stop it. You've said it for.... even I can't count it for how many times." she chuckled, earned a sigh from the other line.

"It's one of your important moment in your life. I can't help it but feeling guilty."

Yeah, Moonbyul couldn't hide her disappointment the moment he said that he couldn't come to her concert days ago. It's her very first solo concert afterall. She wanted him to be there but she could do nothing. They were idols afterall, they had their own schedules. And.... who was she to him that she could force him to come there?

"I just want to witness one of your memorable moments in life."

Moonbyul blushed as she heard what he said just then. It was like her heart was ready to explode soon. She bit her lower lip to surpress her smile.

".... as a good friend and oppa of yours." Her shoulder dropped. As a good friend and oppa. She didn't know why but she detested those words a lot. But again, who was she to him?

Moonbyul was silent for a moment, and said," It's okay, oppa. There will be other concerts in the future and make sure you will be there, got it?"

"Ayay, madam!" he chuckled.

"Anyway... what the name of the event that you attend?"

"DMZ concert. Gyeonggi-do. Ey, I told you about it already yesterday."

 "Sorry?" she chuckled, rested her head on the table in front of her. "What are you doing?"

"Hm, waiting? Our rehearsal will be in 10 minutes. And you?"

"Waiting?" she copied him, and chuckled. "You know I always be the first one with make up done.

"Ah I wanna see..." she heard his voice faltered. A smirk was plastered on her face.

"Because you're not coming here.. so no spoiler for you!" she chuckled, looked around to see no one was there.

"How mean.."

"Kidding! I'll send you a picture when I already in my outfits. Wait patiently~" she chuckled, and continued. "My family will be here today."

"Your parents? Seulgi and Yesol too?"

She nodded. "Um. My parents and my two sisters will be here too." She smiled while drew an invisible love on the table.

"You must be so nervous right now."

She heaved a sigh. "Yes I am. So much."

"Do well for them."

"Yeah, I will." 

"....and for me."

Moonbyul sat up abruptly, widened her eyes. "Eh?"

"Uh, my manager calls me. Talk to you later."

"Uh... yeah.." She mumbled, a crease was appeared clearly on her forehead.

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

"And Byul-ahㅡ"

"Hm?"

"I.... never mind. See you." and he hung up the call. She blinked for several times, trying to digest on what he said just then. And for me. 

"I... didn't hear it wrong, rite?"

 

09:30 PM

 

From : Mamamoo's Hwasa

We're heading to restaurant. You know, after-concert party. Have the concert finished yet?

 

Minhyuk bit his lips as he received a text from Hyejin. He stood up from his seat, took a step forward and backward, looking so haggard.

"Hyung, chill." Sungjae said as he saw his second older hyung looking so restless.

"When will we leave?" He turned his back, looked straightly to his maknae. 

"Now. Can't wait to have your dream girl,eh?" Sungjae chuckled, slung his backpack to his shoulder and walked to the door. "Hyung, come on."

Minhyuk smiled, shook his head slightly. He took his phone back, typed a reply to Hyejin.

 

To : Mamamoo's Hwasa

Please do anything to make her stay awake ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'll be there in 3 hours, text me when you go back to dorm.

 

Minhyuk put his phone back to his pocket, a smile plastered on his face. Yes, he was going to confess his feeling. To his dream girl. Moon Byulyi.

 

 

August 15, 2016. 00:30 AM

 

"You've worked hard, my girls!" Yongsun shouted as she jumped out from their van, tossed her arms to Wheein and Moonbyul's shoulders. She secretively gave a wink to Hyejin and stole a glance to Moonbyul. "Then, Comani come with me I have something for you~" she said cutely, pulled Wheein away and dragged her into the building.

"Byulie unnie." Hyejin called.

Moonbyul turned her head, walked to her maknae's side. "Yes?"

"Can you accompany me to the rooftop?" Hyejin asked, fingers fiddling on each other.

"At this hour? What's the matter?" Moonbyul tilted her head, confusion was clearly seen on her face.

"Uh... that... you know..." Hyejin scratched the back of her head, trying to make a perfect lie with eyes darting anywhere. But then she saw Hyunsik and Ilhoon walking far behind Moonbyul. "Ah, Hyunsik oppa!"

Moonbyul squinted her eyes, looking more confused than before. "Hyunsikie? What's with Hyunsik?"

"Hyunsik oppa.... rooftop..." Hyejin stumbled, "Hyunsik oppa is waiting for me at the rooftop!" She shouted quite loud. Fortunately no one was around them at that moment so no one heard what she said just then.

"Ey that can't be... you and Hyunsik...?" Moonbyul widened her eyes, mouth gaped. "Oh, wait." she added, placed her hand on the younger's shoulder. "You and Hyunsik is going to meet up. And.. why should I accompany you? I don't wanna be a third party."She shook her head, ready to leave her maknae before the younger one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter